WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Fastest deck boat

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Ok guys who has the fastest deck boat? I'm not looking for what manufacture is fastest with same power across the board but who personally has the fastest deck boat? I know there is a howard with a custom built motor that did 117 at loto, I know my dads Nordic has seen 98 in may and 93 last weekend, who else is that fast? And be honest and as always pics are worth a thousand words. I will get a pic of the 93 here soon

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
There was a conquest years back with a quad rotor motor and a #6 drive. Not sure if it was the fastest but it was fucking bad ass.

HavasuHank

"B" team gardener
Reaction score
I could've sworn awhile ago I read that one of DCB's 30 sport deck ran around 120 ... anyone else remember that? Or am I crazy?

FreeBird236

Reaction score
I could've sworn awhile ago I read that one of DCB's 30 sport deck ran around 120 ... anyone else remember that? Or am I crazy?

Yes DCB makes a 30 sport deck and Eliminator makes a 30 Fundeck both can run dual motors which would put them in the 140's with the right motors, but that probably a little over kill for a deck.. Fastest single might be the Howard...

Abc123

Banned
Reaction score
I've rode in a deck boat at 90+mph. What a uncomfortable, unsafe feeling wind tunnel. Still was fun, but I wouldn't want one.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Pretty sure Kaps blown Howard deck is the fastest one out there.

(if memory serves) Took its class in LOTO a couple years ago.

UD

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Ok guys who has the fastest deck boat? I'm not looking for what manufacture is fastest with same power across the board but who personally has the fastest deck boat? I know there is a howard with a custom built motor that did 117 at loto, I know my dads Nordic has seen 98 in may and 93 last weekend, who else is that fast? And be honest and as always pics are worth a thousand words. I will get a pic of the 93 here soon

Fastest single engine decks out there my money would be on conquest actually.. They have been around forever, and there are at least 2 of them sporting monster power and 6 drives. I have heard rumors of upper 120's / 130's in them, but can't confirm as I never saw it myself. sofakingfast on the boards owned one of them, maybe he will chime in on how his ran.

Fastest deck boat period (true deckboat, not an open bow cat with a walk off) would have to be an E-Ticket (my guess), followed by the big advantage, followed by the 30 Magic Decks.

Technically Conquest makes a big twin engine deck, but they have only ever built one of them, and I don't know how it runs.

There was a conquest years back with a quad rotor motor and a #6 drive. Not sure if it was the fastest but it was fucking bad ass.

I am going to say KAP and his Howard

One of my buddies dad's had a conquest with a blower motor that would run 113.. That was a long long time ago. I'd wager Conquest holds the trophy on who actually has the fastest ones out there on the water.

RD

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Pretty sure Kaps blown Howard deck is the fastest one out there.

(if memory serves) Took its class in LOTO a couple years ago.

UD

Fastest one at LOTO maybe.. But I wouldn't think it would be the fastest out here. There was a period where people were building ridiculous powered Conquests. As in Giant PSI blower motors etc..

Hell there's a guy on this board with a mild brummet turbo motor in one that runs 90's, and it's a "cruiser."

RD

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Anybody know what the fastest Trident ran? I know it wasn't the fastest, just curious at what numbers and power it ran.

WildHorses24

Reaction score
Ya. I didn't know the exact number but I knew it was up there. He took us out when they were "breaking" it in and we did 120 and I couldn't stop smiling

Is his the fastest?
Sweet. My buddy Jon bought his old 22 Schiada.

relaxalot

Reaction score
This is from Eticket web site. Desert Storm Shootout Winner 2014

Congratulations to George Ogden who participated in this years Desert Storm Shootout running his 29′ E-Ticket Luxury Cat 135mph.

George won the FASTEST DECKBOAT with his Twin 985′s build by Teague Custom Marine.

I have talked to George before and he said his top speed was 132 and I thought he ran 120 something in the one mile shootout traps.

I heard a DCB deck ran 142. I think it was on the cover of one of the magazines?

relaxalot

Reaction score
252808 019m.jpg

This Howard (Tony from Colorado) one ran 122 and ran out of prop. 91 octane one of the old tpi motors with a whipple 5.0

Paul65k

Schiada Baby.......Yeah!!
Reaction score
This is a great question and to date no one has answered your question directly :p

If I read your question correctly I think you are asking; WITH EQUAL POWER who makes the fastest deck boat......or maybe maybe a similar question is "Who has the most efficient deck boat hull???

PS.....how funny would it be if the fastest Deck boat with similar power was also the lowest cost deckboat :rolleyes.........Paging 2FF :D

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
This is from Eticket web site. Desert Storm Shootout Winner 2014

Congratulations to George Ogden who participated in this years Desert Storm Shootout running his 29′ E-Ticket Luxury Cat 135mph.

George won the FASTEST DECKBOAT with his Twin 985′s build by Teague Custom Marine.

I have talked to George before and he said his top speed was 132 and I thought he ran 120 something in the one mile shootout traps.

I heard a DCB deck ran 142. I think it was on the cover of one of the magazines?

The DCB has Teague 900's and SCX drives. It runs above 140 no problem. Lol.

They might have won the fastest deck boat at a certain shootout, but it's not THE fastest deck boat. ;)

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Paul65 I am asking who simply has the fastest deck boat, but I didn't take into consideration big twins for deck boats!!! Lol my bad still no pictures of speedos and or boats

Outdrive1

Reaction score
Paul65 I am asking who simply has the fastest deck boat, but I didn't take into consideration big twins for deck boats!!! Lol my bad still no pictures of speedos and or boats

Single motor Kap had big power in a Howard. Not sure of the top number.

The DCB is basically an F29 with a walk through and a swim step. It's kinda cheating to call it a deck boat. Either way it cruises reliably in the hundred teens. Lol.

relaxalot

Reaction score
[video=youtube;D7XWWEGG_ww]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7XWWEGG_ww"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7XWWEGG_ww[/video]

Paul65k

Schiada Baby.......Yeah!!
Reaction score
Well in that case ..................

[video=youtube;V3FnpaWQJO0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3FnpaWQJO0[/video]

KAP

Reaction score

Hello Bpracing1127:

Your question is almost horoscope like with ambiguity and definition...lol. Oh for the record it was 118MPH in a mile at Lake of the Ozarks Shootout aka LOTO. LOTO is the KING of Shootouts. From an idle in gear start...versus todays... LOTO runs which allow you up to 40MPH running start.

A lot of people can put monster HP into any hull combination and push it to a certain number. I have had my Howard up to 123MPH but it was set on kill mode, into the wind for a short distance and not a realistic number. The 122MPH set by the other Howard not only ran out of prop but melted a piston on that run. Damn don't they run great when they are lean...laughing...sad but true. For me the goal was to have a deckboat that can run with a closed bow cat with ease.

Fast and having the whole lake to get a number is fine but if you want verified results. Ya gotta go to LOTO. No one yet has gone to LOTO and set a higher number in a single engine deckboat. What is the significances you ask. Well LOTO is were you take what ya got and put up a number in a controlled environment and can claim it. The distance is exactly one mile. Well on my GPS it was .999 of a mile...close enough.

I have people come up to me and say X or Y in my deckboat. I tell them great go to LOTO and do it there... then come back and tell me all about it. I for one would be happy. Why? because the deckboat hull platform is an awesome boat and people do not realize how versatile a West Coast deckboat can be until they see what it can do.

This photo was taken by Rich Carter one of my favorites.

Lastly, last year at LOTO. I ran 115MPH in my DW with stock Mercury 300XS motors and no one thought that was possible in a 32 foot boat with a 115 inch beam. All the nay sayers were like roaches running for the corners laughing.

I still have my Howard Sportdeck and it will run 100MPH with the bimini up. Yeah and the Bimini will still be attached...lol.

Attachments

• Howard in Flight.jpg
    Howard in Flight.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 101

Outdrive1

Reaction score
[video=youtube;D7XWWEGG_ww]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7XWWEGG_ww"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7XWWEGG_ww[/video]

This video says SC drives. The boat has had SCX drives on it for years. Not sure when they were swapped out but they probably got tired of rebuilding the SC's real quick. ;)

relaxalot

Reaction score
Kap,

Is your Howard still for sale? Is it named "Silver Bullet"?

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
Who in their right mind would want to go 100+ in a deck boat and have their face sanded off from the sand from the shore that's on the floor? :D

Outdrive1

Reaction score
Who in their right mind would want to go 100+ in a deck boat and have their face sanded off from the sand from the shore that's on the floor? :D

Someone who can.

Blackhawk15

Reaction score
Here is conquests twin engine 32 foot deck. Looks like it has 2 525s. I actually say this boat in the shop the last time we were there. It's pretty bad ass. Apparently they have only made 1. I wonder why it's not more popular. Wonder what it would run with twin 525s.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406694566.155656.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406694578.640393.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406694591.082893.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406694599.182085.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406694608.999858.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406694627.457313.jpg

relaxalot

Reaction score

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Here is conquests twin engine 32 foot deck. Looks like it has 2 525s. I actually say this boat in the shop the last time we were there. It's pretty bad ass. Apparently they have only made 1. I wonder why it's not more popular. Wonder what it would run with twin 525s.
View attachment 356060
View attachment 356061
View attachment 356062
View attachment 356063
View attachment 356064
View attachment 356065

I can't remember if that boat started with Canopies and they switched it to that top.. Or if it started like that and they switched it to Canopies. Scott Kornowski redid the top of it awhile back.

RD

Blackhawk15

Reaction score
I can't remember if that boat started with Canopies and they switched it to that top.. Or if it started like that and they switched it to Canopies. Scott Kornowski redid the top of it awhile back.

RD

This is what it looked like when I saw it a few month back.