WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Over reaction on la car chase?

JB in so cal

Reaction score
Malibu. Happening now. Dude was in a shoutout with cops in a chase. Totally understand protecting cops...

Suspect on side of a slope in Malibu, hurt or tired. Hope he dies, actually...

But I'm talkin about money being spent unjustly. Just watching the news footage there are no less than 35 police and chp units in immediate area plus another 15 or 20 blocking traffic plus hat looks like a couple fire companies and a few ambulances...

Again. Dude is on a slope with a lasd chopper on his ass with a close up view...

How about cutting half loose and manage with only 50 sworn officers and 20 fire...?:cool

Go ahead law enforcement types....go ahead...

LowRiver2

Reaction score
My friends in swat are setting up now.

Liability is the issue, even with the remote location,
Seems easy from afar to solutions. Theres several factors including stray public, traffic comtrol,
To name a couple.

Liability is the flavor and burden of the day.

JB in so cal

Reaction score
Figured as much. News is now saying he may have been hit by a rattler...tree heeeee:D

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
I just left my office and streams of cop cars were heading north on the 405 north past LAX. I guess now I know where they're headed.

BajaMike

Reaction score
Glad they got the guy. As a general rule, any asshole wearing a hoody up over his face in the middle of summer should just be shot on sight!

500bbc

Reaction score
Malibu. Happening now. Dude was in a shoutout with cops in a chase. Totally understand protecting cops...

But I'm talkin about money being spent unjustly. Just watching the news footage there are no less than 35 police and chp units in immediate area plus another 15 or 20 blocking traffic plus hat looks like a couple fire companies and a few ambulances...

Again. Dude is on a slope with a lasd chopper on his ass with a close up view...

How about cutting half loose and manage with only 50 sworn officers and 20 fire...?:cool

How about using one Apache?:D

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Overreaction in 90% of the cases.

After receiving more info., this was NOT overreaction on this one

My fellow bomb logistics officer Rich, a 28 year veteran, was driving home PCH when this guy drives by him, pursued by CHP. The suspect doesn't realize the black unmarked suburban he passed is a police vehicle as he FIRES 6 rounds at the CHP unit, thus making it back down with rounds through windshield. The suspect tried to kidnap a woman at an la fitness earlier, an off duty FBI agent saw this, identified himself, and the suspect fired several rounds at him, Agent fired back, woman was able to get out of the car. Rich took over pursuit as best he could, 6.0 Sub vs. BMW on PCH isn't a fair speed game by any means, but he was able to keep the car in sight until other units could join in.

With a guy firing twice at officers that he clearly knows are cops, in LA with thousands of potential innocents, it was necessary for the response that occurred. We had snipers in air ships going on scene when he surrendered, it would have ended sooner than later had he not given up.

Each situation is different but shooting at cops and trying to kidnap innocent women will always bring a big response, all should hope thier agencies where they live do the same. :thumbup:

Crazyhippy

Haters gonna Hate
Reaction score
I personally believe that most cops are overpaid 80-90% of the time... that other 10-20% however, there is not enough money on earth. They were dealing with someone who had proven himself capable of shooting at officers for trying to do their job.

If someone started shooting at me for doing my job, my first sentence would be "Fuck this, I'm out!"

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
LR2,

You didn't say it in so many words, but It kind of seems you just said a cops life is more important then a civilians. Can you honestly sit there and tell me there would of been these resources used if a FBI agent and cop were not shot at. I don't think so myself. Shootings happens all the time, how many times has snipers in air ships been deployed when a car to car shooting or kidnapping attempt happens in Compton (or L.A. in general). I bet not many, but i get it, it's just they way it is.

Maybe I just read into you comment wrong because I woke up in a pissy mood:grumble:

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
LR2,

You didn't say it in so many words, but It kind of seems you just said a cops life is more important then a civilians. Can you honestly sit there and tell me there would of been these resources used if a FBI agent and cop were not shot at. I don't think so myself. Shootings happens all the time, how many times has snipers in air ships been deployed when a car to car shooting or kidnapping attempt happens in Compton (or L.A. in general). I bet not many, but i get it, it's just they way it is.

Maybe I just read into you comment wrong because I woke up in a pissy mood:grumble:

Stay tuned, he'll piss you off for real soon enough!!:yikes

Thank God the poor Lady didn't have training or a concealed weapon!!

(Honestly Thank God she was able to get away!!)

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
Stay tuned, he'll piss you off for real soon enough!!:yikes

(Honestly Thank God she was able to get away!!)

I doubt that, but just in case I'll go get a fresh cup of joe now.:D

Glad she was able to get away as well:thumbsup

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
Good grief, what a bunch of CA sissies LE is out there......Here in Texas it's, "1 Riot, 1 Ranger".:skull

2Driver

Reaction score
LR2,

If a LEO takes fire it is one time i agree that every LEO should be called in to slam the person. There is no overkill IMO

First in order to do their job with confidence LEOs need to know their backs are more than covered. Second, criminals need to know it is absolutely a call to death or capture for messing with enforcement. I think it benefits society as much as the cops.

Ballyhoo

Reaction score

I'll bite

How many cops and fireman should they have there to handle that dangerous and unusual situation? Well, it takes as many as it takes. Blocking off streets to contain this guy takes alot of resources. We responded to dangerous situations (armed guy who has already shot at cops) with overwhelming force. It is much easier having the resources on hand as opposed to trying to get them if it gets worse. That is how its done. The other thing that likely came up is it went thru a few jurisdictions where they picked up straggler cops in their pursuit. Fire guys come in groups on trucks. They are the same way- have the resources on hand for critical incidents. It is much easier to scale back over trying to ramp up if it goes sideways. If it goes south and we dont have adequate resources, the public will rightfully call us out on that.

Reactions: t&y

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
If a LEO takes fire it is one time i agree that every LEO should be called in to slam the person. There is no overkill IMO

First in order to do their job with confidence LEOs need to know their backs are more than covered. Second, criminals need to know it is absolutely a call to death or capture for messing with enforcement. I think it benefits society as much as the cops.

True...BUT that also paints a landscape of victims reliant on LEO at the critical moment.
Shooting A cop has ALWAYS been far worse consequences than shooting a civilian.

I also think Joe citizen should be able to do the same thing, more or less.

Criminals also need to know that you or I will do the same thing as a cop.

I'd rather answer questions as to what led to a perps demise than have my wife ID my carcass, or vice versa.

Ultracrazy

Reaction score
Leave it to RDP. Some fucktard tries to kidnap a female to do GOD knows what to her - shoots at cops - put others at risk by driving like a complete moron...........and it turns into a cop bashing thread. Well done.........

Slink

Tennessee Living
Reaction score
Leave it to RDP. Some fucktard tries to kidnap a female to do GOD knows what to her - shoots at cops - put others at risk by driving like a complete moron...........and it turns into a cop bashing thread. Well done.........

And you expect anything other :D:D

Hava-Schiada

Reaction score
I personally believe that most cops are overpaid 80-90% of the time... that other 10-20% however, there is not enough money on earth. They were dealing with someone who had proven himself capable of shooting at officers for trying to do their job.

If someone started shooting at me for doing my job, my first sentence would be "Fuck this, I'm out!"

They really don't get paid for what they do, but for what they might have to do!

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
LR2,

I'll give you my response, I'm sure LR2 has his for you too....

NO, a cops life is not literally worth more than any civilians life. What you seemingly fail to recognize though is that COPS/Law Enforcement represent the LAW. A person taking a swing or shooting at a cop is more than a personal beef between two individuals. It is a person saying Fuck the Law, I don't need to abide by society's rules and regulations, and I'll do what I want when I want to whoever I want. If they are willing to go that route against the LAW, they sure as fuck don't care about you or your family, or anybody else out there. It's a bigger statement and admission of intent when considering the big picture here.

This chase was multi jurisdictional with a guy who had been shooting at people in multiple locations. YES, it will draw a large response regardless of who is involved.

Mini Kat

Hammer Makin' Payments
Reaction score
Hey RD
Can we get a new section in the NO WAKE ZONE?
You can call it "Cops River Place". It's just something to think about, we all know that something like this thread will always pop up.:D

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Hey RD
Can we get a new section in the NO WAKE ZONE?
You can call it "Cops River Place". It's just something to think about, we all know that something like this thread will always pop up.:D

It would still be the usual posters.... There are a lot of cops on here that post but do not mention their profession in the threads and stay far away from cop related threads. Believe it or not, there are individuals on here that can't handle an internet discussion and will go out of their way trying to get us in trouble which keeps many of us from engaging in these discussions. It might keep the lounge cop thread free for a bit, but you know how the unruly posters on here will still sneak one in from time to time.:D

88vector

Reaction score
It would still be the usual posters.... There are a lot of cops on here that post but do not mention their profession in the threads and stay far away from cop related threads. Believe it or not, there are individuals on here that can't handle an internet discussion and will go out of their way trying to get us in trouble which keeps many of us from engaging in these discussions. It might keep the lounge cop thread free for a bit, but you know how the unruly posters on here will still sneak one in from time to time.:D
Couldn't agree more.

Mini Kat

Hammer Makin' Payments
Reaction score

I know I've met alot of popo's here and on the lake. To me I see it as a job, it's a profession that they have picked to make a living. Nothing more then just "people" got good one's and bad one's.:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

Mini Kat

Hammer Makin' Payments
Reaction score
I'll meet you part way I'm not a big drinker.....:D

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
HA, just found out my BiL was the first LAPD in pursuit on this thing. now I'll give him sh!t for not takin him out in the canyon!

GET SOME

Reaction score
Gotta love the arm chair quarter backs... You have to think of it as one big insurance policy..