WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Who's Coming list

GN22

Reaction score
Please post a Boat # and division you may run. This will let others know who is coming and how many boats we can count on racing against.

420HOA

FIRM MEMBER
Reaction score
:D Division 6 :D

Attachments

• IMG_0504.jpg
    IMG_0504.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 112

War Canoe

Stainless Member
Reaction score
The War Canoe will be there ...:hotdevil

Team SST rides again. Team # 435

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 130

War Canoe

Stainless Member
Reaction score
I can help...

I know my friend STV Keith and Kevin will be there...Class 2 ...Maybe Class 5??!!!

Johnny Soares is always there...Class 5..

Steve Linder ...Class 5 Stoker #512....

We know the Nordic ski boat will be there...Class 4

We gotta' pull out the lurkers...Commit !!!!

Enjoy my 2010 100+ mph, windscreen smashing "Mudhen Strike" ....and a shot on the line...

Attachments

• Parker%20336%202013%20013.jpg
    Parker%20336%202013%20013.jpg
    230.6 KB · Views: 110
  • MUDHEN.jpg
    MUDHEN.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 107

poundsand

Reaction score
thanks steve now we r up to 8 boats total.... need rules before anyone is going to reserve rooms and order fuel... just saying!!!!!!!!!!!!!! rumor has it that someone is building a 600 inch psi deal to run with 17 and 77......

War Canoe

Stainless Member
Reaction score
I agree...we need to know.
We need a solid update, PLEASE.

Eagle Mike

Reaction score
I will be entering my Seebold Mod-Vp, hopefully with my old OPC Super Sport number 11.

Scotty Adams will be sharing the driving duties with me. Scotty currently races OPC Super Sport and has Off-Shore experience. He will also be bringing his sponsor with him, Undertow Beach Bar and Restaurant in St Petersburg FL. Anyone ever in that area please stop by and check it out!

Not sure about which division, need to see what the new rules are.

Mike Fjeld

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
thanks steve now we r up to 8 boats total.... need rules before anyone is going to reserve rooms and order fuel... just saying!!!!!!!!!!!!!! rumor has it that someone is building a 600 inch psi deal to run with 17 and 77......

Rules will be up Before the beginning of the work week! Should be up either tonight or tomorrow!

Eagle Mike

Reaction score
Mike, Glad to see you guys entering the Seebold. I have fresh Fairchild SST-120 for sale if you need a motor. It is legal for Division B.

Thanks Mike, I'll keep that in mind. Right now I think we'll be running in division E

tstone

Reaction score
I didn't realize the entry forms were out. If someone can direct me to them I would appreciate it. We are coming back again with a division 2 or B.

GETBOATS

Reaction score
I didn't realize the entry forms were out. If someone can direct me to them I would appreciate it. We are coming back again with a division 2 or B.
Ditto!!! what entry form?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

Ditto!!! what entry form?

As said above it is all in the rules packet. Sorry guys, I am still very new at this, I will make it more intuitive next year with the entry blanks. :)

RD

War Canoe

Stainless Member
Reaction score
:nono image.jpg 98 gallons of fuel...
Six gallons of oil...

Coast to coast ....:beer:beer:beer:

See you boys at the line.:skull

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 119
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 126
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 122

BigSteve

Reaction score
Thanks for having my along to help your team. , With my limited Skillz, I am not sure how I will help. LOL. Shall I bring my Multi-Tool?

3268082.jpg

Yes, bring your Multi-Tool ! we can offer it the V-drivers

We only need a pole with a hook to clean out the V-drive intake on the War Canoe :rolleyes

War Canoe

Stainless Member
Reaction score
Did someone say fuel tanks?... flag to flag.

Now we will have a REAL race !!!

We think 336 in 3:36 .... !!! :thumbup: 94 mph avg speed will be needed to pull it off.

Do the math, we both are there ... You might need a large nitrous bottle mounted in the floor!

Nice, sano set up !!

boat527

Reaction score
I have not been to the race but would like to some day, my question is this to those who've been in it:

Since some that are able are going to try to make the full 336 without refueling, does the time to refuel take more than the allotted 10 minutes at the mandatory stops?

How much time is gained with the larger capacity tanks?

Thx , and good luck to all!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Now we will have a REAL race !!!

We think 336 in 3:36 .... !!! :thumbup: 94 mph avg speed will be needed to pull it off.

Do the math, we both are there ... You might need a large nitrous bottle mounted in the floor!

Nice, sano set up !!

I have not been to the race but would like to some day, my question is this to those who've been in it:

Since some that are able are going to try to make the full 336 without refueling, does the time to refuel take more than the allotted 10 minutes at the mandatory stops?

How much time is gained with the larger capacity tanks?

Thx , and good luck to all!

Two pit stops are mandatory during the race.. This is done because this isn't the wild west anymore, bolts come loose, things break, props crack. We don't want anybody getting hurt, or possibly hurting someone else. Last year I saw an outboard make an entire lap, and it looked like his transom bracket was ready to fall off. Obviously this fixed it when he came into the pits.

Yes. Two stops are mandatory. If you don't make the required two stops, I am 99% sure the Referee will disqualify the boat and driver from the race.

I'm not sure what determines when the pit stops have to be made.. I don't see why someone couldn't run the whole race, then second to last lap, make a pit. Then make a pit on the last lap.. Not sure what advantage there would be to that other then to possibly say "We led the race the whole time" ultimately it all balances out in the end.

If not pit stops are made, then the boat would get black flagged.. If for some reason the intent becomes clear that no pit stops are going to be made, then the race would get red flagged, stopped and restarted, while the boat exited the course. If the driver is an APBA member, they could face a possible suspension from racing for up to a year. (something to think about)

RD

War Canoe

Stainless Member
Reaction score
I don't see why someone couldn't run the whole race, then second to last lap, make a pit. Then make a pit on the last lap.. Not sure what advantage there would be to that other then to possibly say "We led the race the whole time"

Better than following like sheep...:D

Scarlata might idle in a circle next to the dam for a half hour waiting for second place to show. Who knows what's going to happen. It will be exciting to watch, I guarantee that.

boat527

Reaction score
Two pit stops are mandatory during the race.. This is done because this isn't the wild west anymore, bolts come loose, things break, props crack. We don't want anybody getting hurt, or possibly hurting someone else. Last year I saw an outboard make an entire lap, and it looked like his transom bracket was ready to fall off. Obviously this fixed it when he came into the pits.

I'm not sure what determines when the pit stops have to be made.. I don't see why someone couldn't run the whole race, then second to last lap, make a pit. Then make a pit on the last lap.. Not sure what advantage there would be to that other then to possibly say "We led the race the whole time" ultimately it all balances out in the end.

If not pit stops are made, then the boat would get black flagged.. If for some reason the intent becomes clear that no pit stops are going to be made, then the race would get red flagged, stopped and restarted, while the boat exited the course. If the driver is an APBA member, they could face a possible suspension from racing for up to a year. (something to think about)

RD

I understand the "whys" of the mandatory stops.. Back to the original question; Is there an advantage time wise to "not refuel"?

Rage28

Reaction score
Okay guys here is what is expected of each team. It is expected that you read the general rules and safety section in there entirety. familiarizing your self with just the division rules that you intend to run in is only part of the whole package.

Secondly, it has come to my attention a couple of teams are being creative in the interpretation of the division rules. Please do not assume that you can do something with out asking for clarification first. I am very busy and hard to reach at times however, from now until the end of this event I am available to answer any question you may have. I can be reached at 951-403-7775 and would rather sort through any issues before race day. If I don't answer I will call back.

Third, page six of the rules clearly states that two pit stops are mandatory. There are many reasons for this and I will be happy to explain them to all participants at the drivers meeting. There is no exception to this rule.

Lastly, If you are planning on running this race get your entry in. I know that there are more of you running then what I have entry's for. The cut off date to receive them by mail is October 20,2014 as I will be leaving for Parker on the next day.

Thanks Scott

War Canoe

Stainless Member
Reaction score
Okay guys here is what is expected of each team. It is expected that you read the general rules and safety section in there entirety. familiarizing your self with just the division rules that you intend to run in is only part of the whole package.

Secondly, it has come to my attention a couple of teams are being creative in the interpretation of the division rules. Please do not assume that you can do something with out asking for clarification first. I am very busy and hard to reach at times however, from now until the end of this event I am available to answer any question you may have. I can be reached at 951-403-7775 and would rather sort through any issues before race day. If I don't answer I will call back.

Third, page six of the rules clearly states that two pit stops are mandatory. There are many reasons for this and I will be happy to explain them to all participants at the drivers meeting. There is no exception to this rule.

Lastly, If you are planning on running this race get your entry in. I know that there are more of you running then what I have entry's for. The cut off date to receive them by mail is October 20,2014 as I will be leaving for Parker on the next day.

Thanks Scott

See what happens when you leave us to our own devices? :rolleyes

BTW: You never answered my calls or email, just sayin'.

GETBOATS

Reaction score
I understand the "whys" of the mandatory stops.. Back to the original question; Is there an advantage time wise to "not refuel"?
NOPE...your required to stop anyway, the only reason could be, they fear loosing time in the pit area after their 10 min. time has started with traffic etc. Why would you carry that much extra weight "368 lbs" for the first half the race. Its all HYPE. imho

THE WAY IT USED TO BE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hill's 9x - Fuel and Driver Change.jpg

Rage28

Reaction score
See what happens when you leave us to our own devices? :rolleyes

BTW: You never answered my calls or email, just sayin'.

I know I am a dick bag and hard to get a hold of at times. I am at your beck in call from know until the Sunday after the race.

War Canoe

Stainless Member
Reaction score
I know I am a dick bag and hard to get a hold of at times. I am at your beck in call from know until the Sunday after the race.

Much appreciated... thank you.:thumbup:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
NOPE...your required to stop anyway, the only reason could be, they fear loosing time in the pit area after their 10 min. time has started with traffic etc. Why would you carry that much extra weight "368 lbs" for the first half the race. Its all HYPE. imho

THE WAY IT USED TO BE!!!!!!!!!!!!
View attachment 371707

I liked the way it used to he, but the EPA would have a shit fit if we fueled in the water, and with the new insurance we can't have anyone in the water while boats are racing.

420HOA

FIRM MEMBER
Reaction score
I'm ready to run  been a long haul See you inmates on Friday 

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 109

poundsand

Reaction score
well scott since you are now available for ?s how many boats are pre-registered.

tkrrox

Reaction score
War canoe. If you don't win are you planning on starting a trail 70 gang?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
well scott since you are now available for ?s how many boats are pre-registered.

Wish I had an answer for you poundsand, but I really don't. I know some people have been dropping them off at my house (had 2 or 3 come in, in the last 2 days locally).. Then the entries that come with the sponsorship pkg's (figure another 7-8 there) plus whatever Scott has?

It's really hard to determine what the boat count is going to be because a lot of people do it at the event itself. If it makes ya feel any better I'm always more nervous around this time then anybody.. LOL I always have that thought, what if only 15 boats show up? (which I know we are already higher then that.. I'm just saying it as an example)

Next year I am already planning some major changes to this program. I have to go over it with some people and make sure it's a good idea, but I'm thinking discount for early registration, nominal for sometime, and major penalty for late or last minute registration. Of course that is all precluded on the idea that we have the rules and other things sorted WAAAAYYYYY in advance.

RD

War Canoe

Stainless Member
Reaction score
We have had a mini trail gang for years...

50cc's of terror...no 70cc allowed.:rolleyes

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 104

War Canoe

Stainless Member
Reaction score
Your vacation pictures in Italy were scandalous...:rolleyes

Attachments

• doubleeagle takes it deep.jpg
    doubleeagle takes it deep.jpg