WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

LACR Reopening....?

Meaney77

Reaction score
Rumor on the streets is that this epic track will be Reopening before the end of the year.. I sure hope so, one of my favorite tracks to ride!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407949434.809243.jpg

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
I used to drag race my VW Golf there when I was a teenager. Lots of good memories at LACR.

Meaney77

Reaction score
Doubtful. It's a quarry now. They need to reopen terminal island.

I hope you're wrong but I agree. Every time I drive to the river and take the back roads there's nothing going on out their bit digging holes.

Meaney77

Reaction score
I used to drag race my VW Golf there when I was a teenager. Lots of good memories at LACR.

Agreed lots of good memories out there!

During the summer months we used to have private rentals on Friday nights and it was awesome!

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
If that's an actual picture of the mx track looks like GP gearing is in order! I can see a MX opening but there is nothing about a drag strip that I can find.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Talking about 2 different things....

OP is talking about LACR Motocross track (was next door to the drag strip). That may be re-opening...

Some are talking about the drag strip. That is not re-opening. I think Old man Bernie moved out of state, sadly all plans to bring that back have stalled. I also hope Terminal Island re-opens, but i doubt it will get done.

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
Doubtful. It's a quarry now. They need to reopen terminal island.

I wish but it'll never happen. No where to put one. They make more money stacking containers on terminal island.

Luvnlife

Head Ram Rod
Reaction score
Yes I heard the same thing last Sunday :thumbsup

GETBOATS

Reaction score
Nothing like elevation change on a motocross track, they closed back when my boys were still 250f novice riders and even then approaching the downhill they would put a single 30 ft back from the edge, blind, could not see the face of the down hill. they would jump half way down that hill. had to be 75 feet of vertical drop. Held my breath every time. Great after a rain. as I recall to clear the uphill step-up coming out of the pit it took 5th gear pinned all the way up. Be cool if its a fact of reopening.

Meaney77

Reaction score
All I see is moto crap. The LACR I remember was a great sticky 1/4 mile I used to lay down good numbers back in my street racing days. I hope they build a drag strip amongst all that dirt.

Thread killer!!!

rush1

Reaction score
Not happening not now ,not ever, it's gone. I raced the team Firestone et series there for years. Had a lot of good times at that place.

Meaney77

Reaction score
Not happening not now ,not ever, it's gone. I raced the team Firestone et series there for years. Had a lot of good times at that place.

I respectfully hope you are wrong....! One of the best local tracks around.

TBulger

Reaction score
I still ride the tracks. The picture of LACR looks so cool, don't quite understand, as the AV Motoplex is down the highway a bit and Cal City MX Parks are both very decent and not terribly busy. Maybe because of the racing events, taking away track time.

The track in hungry valley, is open daily for 5 bucks and I have ridden the track alone several times. People there in case of accident, but not riding. They also have races on weekends, so maybe that explains it. Our County Supervisor, Mike Antonvich, is a great guy and gives the citizens plenty. But then again, Gorman is State I think, in a different county anyway. The other tracks are 25/day and would maybe draw more people if cheaper, but it costs plenty to run them and do it right. I sure hope you are right and suspect you are. Maybe too, they are trying to give the kids more to do, wouldn't it be great.

If we had more mass transit, especially in the AV Valley, it might help things get better there.

Meaney77

Reaction score
I still ride the tracks. The picture of LACR looks so cool, don't quite understand, as the AV Motoplex is down the highway a bit and Cal City MX Parks are both very decent and not terribly busy. Maybe because of the racing events, taking away track time.

The track in hungry valley, is open daily for 5 bucks and I have ridden the track alone several times. People there in case of accident, but not riding. They also have races on weekends, so maybe that explains it. Our County Supervisor, Mike Antonvich, is a great guy and gives the citizens plenty. But then again, Gorman is State I think, in a different county anyway. The other tracks are 25/day and would maybe draw more people if cheaper, but it costs plenty to run them and do it right. I sure hope you are right and suspect you are. Maybe too, they are trying to give the kids more to do, wouldn't it be great.

If we had more mass transit, especially in the AV Valley, it might help things get better there.

Truth be told I don't even have a bike right now but looking to get one soon. As soon as I had kids I sold all bikes because I knew they would sit and collect dust.

LACR was and is a killer track there is something about the place and the terrain/ soil that makes it a killer place.

My wife's cousin runs AV another killer track that I have ridden several times. Gorman is a good time but haven't been since the state took it over. Piru- bad Piru- I have had some good get offs there including a shattered wrist and a collar bone and haven't been back .

When you think about it we live in MX track Mecca- Piru, Gorman, LACR, AV, Cal City, Racetown, etc... We are fortunate enough to have some great tracks within an hour of each other. Also LACR had lights a few years back which made for some good times Riding at night! Can't wait to check it out!

yz450mm

Reaction score
Great vid, is that you? Track looks fucking epic, exactly the style I like. My knee is about 97%, so I think I'm ready to get some braces and get back on my 2014 450f after a year of healing.

Strabo

Reaction score
Great vid, is that you? Track looks fucking epic, exactly the style I like. My knee is about 97%, so I think I'm ready to get some braces and get back on my 2014 450f after a year of healing.

You road your bike fine at Rasor last Prez Day when we went to the dunes with Mike's Drone....
:drink
Goodtimes!!!!

yz450mm

Reaction score
Lol yeah, right up until I fell over in the bowl and stuffed my leg like a thanksgiving turkey.

Danger Dave

Sarcastically Optimistic 😁
Reaction score

No that's a friend of mine on a more recent private ride day. I rode it at one of the magazines shootout day, it's as fun as I remember it being.