WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Our Spectra 20 jet

cmayer

Reaction score
I grew up on a Spectra 20 with a 460 and berkeley jet. As I grew older I started to keep an eye out for my dad's old boat. I haven't found it yet, but I did stumble across this and jumped on it.

All original '78 full stringer with an aluminum belly tank and BBC 454 with berkeley jet.

The gunwales have no supports so there are cosmetic gel cracking on the top, but the hull is in great shape.

First trip out to Parker and she ran great the first couple of days, but lost power under load the last day. Enough to get on plane, but that was it; wouldn't rev any higher and just kind of shook. I figure it's either bad fuel, the dual point dist took a crap, or the old school Holley 800 needs a rebuild. There was no water in the separator, so I'm crossing my finger for bad gas even though I drained the old varnish and refilled with '91.

Anyhow, here are some pics. She hasn't been on the water since '05 before one Elsinore trial run and the Parker trip last weekend.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408250967.000015.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408250993.899676.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408251023.916523.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408251049.449819.jpg

The wife wants the bow rail and windshield gone, but I kind of like the nostalgic look lol.

Malcolm

Reaction score
I bought a 19 with the rail and windshield. I pulled the rail but left the shield. Left a bunch of holes to fill but I like it better.

cmayer

Reaction score
Just trying to eliminate fiberglass fuel tank delam as a culprit for the power loss.

Aloha

Yep, the aluminum tank was a big is vs. the fiberglass ones. Also with the belly tank, I knew it was a full stringer hull.

I'll replace the coil and drop a pertronix into the mallory to rule out ignition issues. Will hopefully have it on the water this weekend.

muddymtn

Reaction score
I am restoring my 78 Spectra 20 I have had since new. Having been married 47 years, when Mama wants the windshield and bow rail gone, get it done. I will buy your windshield, I need to make to make my wife happy. muddymtn

cmayer

Reaction score
Boat is running great. Replaced the fuel filter, had to use a breaker bar lol, the coil, and points with a Pertronix. Boat ran right at 50mph fully loaded on original running gear, so I'm happy!

Can't wait for the next river trip. In the meantime, it'll be lots of Elsinore runs to get things sorted out.

SpectraDave

Reaction score
2839A77E-C057-4026-8400-AEB28270BED8.jpeg [GALLERY=][/GALLERY]I just purchased a 75’ Spectra 20’ witha 460 Ford and want to restore it back to all original and definitely want the windscreen. If your looking to get rid of yours I’ll purchase it! If your not looking to get rid of it maybe you can point me in the right direction? Can’t find them anywhere! Thanks!