WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

BBC fresh shortblock/engine

obnoxious001

Engine building character
Reaction score
Need a mid season replacement so you don't lose the rest of the summer?

This belongs to a friend who brought it to me to check out. The engine didn't have much time on it, but apparently floats stuck and washed the cylinders down, so it will get honed, new rings and bearings. He wants something larger while it's out of the boat, so will sell either the short block, or complete with Edelbrock Performer RPM oval port heads.

Specs as follows:

2 bolt block, 4.310" bore
cast crank, std/std
3/8" rods that had been resized with new ARP bolts at the previous rebuild
TRW forged pistons, small dome, pump gas compression
Clay Smith HR 284 hydraulic roller cam (can get it reground if you want something different to work with your application)
Cloyes timing set
New Clevite "P" rod and main bearings
New Moly filled ring set.
New rear main seal
GM damper

Bearing clearances will be checked and short block assembled by myself. $1800 (or $1400 unassembled)

Edelbrock Performer RPM oval port heads $1500

Also could be sold as a complete engine if someone was interested, PM for phone number to discuss.

Located in Southern California

obnoxious001

Reaction score
This block could also be custom detailed and painted prior to assembly if someone wanted it to coordinate with their boat or vehicle, right now it's black.

obnoxious001

Reaction score
This could be sold as a complete package if someone wanted to assemble it themselves. The crank has already been to the shop to be polished, main bearing clearances checked.

obnoxious001

Reaction score
Looking to get this out of my garage. Will sell as a kit you can assemble yourself, or separate if necessary. Obviously can also complete it either for marine or street use, and have been waiting to assemble it so it could be painted to suit if desired.

obnoxious001

Reaction score
This is perhaps a better deal than many people are seeing. Parts can be inspected in Southern California, or photos can be made for someone seriously interested. Engine didn't have much time, but apparently oil was fuel contaminated,, rings and bearings were wounded. I had the crank polished so it's ready to go. I already measured main bearings for clearance, so if block gets honed and washed it could be put back together.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Man...this is a deal

If I didn't have 100 things on my plate and projects out the wazoo I would grab this for my 69 chevy truck. Should run pretty good with a T400 and a 2800 stall

obnoxious001

Reaction score
Man...this is a deal

If I didn't have 100 things on my plate and projects out the wazoo I would grab this for my 69 chevy truck. Should run pretty good with a T400 and a 2800 stall

I can have the cam reground for any type usages,, stock converter or wilder if someone wanted, or actually could maybe save a few bucks by putting a flat tappet cam in rather than regrinding the roller and using new hydraulic roller lifters.

Quick99

Reaction score
I can have the cam reground for any type usages,, stock converter or wilder if someone wanted, or actually could maybe save a few bucks by putting a flat tappet cam in rather than regrinding the roller and using new hydraulic roller lifters.

How much unassembled for the shortblock ....

obnoxious001

Reaction score
Really would like to sell this before I have to move it to another place.

obnoxious001

Reaction score
I would be willing to work a good deal to get this gone before I have to move it.

obnoxious001

Reaction score
The heads got sold separately, but have access to that brand new set so could put it together at the same price, or sell as a kit to be put together.