WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Schiada RT Hp500

farmo83

Reaction score
The RT doesn?t seem to get much love from the Schiada crowd on the boards but I love mine. I?m a firm believer in that there is no perfect boat, you need to take into account what all you want to do and where it will be used. Mine has an HP 500 and a bravo 1 spinning a 4 blade 26. I?m a huge Schiada fan but don?t have the money for a TT V drive so I have to make do with what I can afford. I wanted a boat that could run well, do well in rough water on weekend afternoons, and still pull skiers and tubers. I give the RT high marks in all.

She?ll do around 75mph in optimal conditions and north of 73 fully loaded. At high speeds she does well in small/moderate chop but I have launched her a few times in really rough water which I attribute more to myself being stupid then the boat. I don?t know if they all come with it but mine has a steering skeg in the middle of the boat and with that she turns plenty sharp. The two minuses are I?m always paranoid going into shallow areas, and you have to be mindful of it when your loading the boat. 95% of the boats time is spent around 2500rpm and at that speed she does great in the rough water the lakes I go to generate. My Dad has a Hallett 210 and the difference between how the two boats ride is insane. His will bounce around much more than mine. One thing the Hallett does have over the Schaida is the back seat folds up and mine is bolted in. She has trim tabs which I NEVER use above 3000 for safety concerns but work great at lower speeds for going to the swimming hole when it?s rough. Coming on plane she has a lot of bowrise so you must be careful when you lose sight ahead. I give it a good shot of gas to get up on plane quickly so I can see better. I have a foot throttle which I love at high speeds as I can have both hands on the wheel but am not fond of when pulling skiers as it?s difficult to hold a constant speed. Whichever you prefer is up to you. As far as pulling that boat is really heavy so you really have to give it a shot of gas to get going, still she?s pulled my 225lb self up on a single comp ski and two 225lbn guys up on doubles with no issues whatsoever. The inside of the boat lives up to the Schiada name as the rigging is flawless, the interior is extremely comfortable. The only downside I would say is the seats really wrap around you, I?ve had some ?heavier? friends that can barely fit in them. The entire boat is carpeted which I love but can get a little warm sometimes. I have two swim decks in the back and two pull handles so getting in from the water is quite easy. I like the non skid finish but I?m still finding the optimal way to keep it clean. A few of the things I wish it had are listed in order of importance to me, a trim tab gauge, cup holders for the front seats, and I love that loud boat sound and as this boat?s pipes come out below the water line she sounds like a chemistry experiment.

I love this boat but it def takes some seat time to get used to. A quick search on the boards will tell you of the dangers of running these boats at high speeds with the tabs down so I don?t even mess with that.

Paul65k

Schiada Baby.......Yeah!!
Reaction score
They're great boats especially with the lower HP set-ups. I have a 21RT with a 300xs Whacker on a 20" setback so the whole boat is ~24' from tip to prop.
It's good idea to be judicious on the tabs....some will tell you to never use it at all but like you I typically use it just for whole shots and just a touch at speed.

We'd love to see some pictures when you get some so we know who you are when we see you on the water!!

Welcome to the family and enjoy....drop me a PM if you wanna chat about RT's anytime

Paul

Airing it out.jpg Pirates Cove.jpg

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
The RT doesn?t seem to get much love from the Schiada crowd on the boards but I love mine. I?m a firm believer in that there is no perfect boat, you need to take into account what all you want to do and where it will be used. Mine has an HP 500 and a bravo 1 spinning a 4 blade 26. I?m a huge Schiada fan but don?t have the money for a TT V drive so I have to make do with what I can afford. I wanted a boat that could run well, do well in rough water on weekend afternoons, and still pull skiers and tubers. I give the RT high marks in all.

She?ll do around 80mph in optimal conditions and north of 73 fully loaded. At high speeds she does well in small/moderate chop but I have launched her a few times in really rough water which I attribute more to myself being stupid then the boat. I don?t know if they all come with it but mine has a steering skeg in the middle of the boat and with that she turns plenty sharp. The two minuses are I?m always paranoid going into shallow areas, and you have to be mindful of it when your loading the boat. 95% of the boats time is spent around 2500rpm and at that speed she does great in the rough water the lakes I go to generate. My Dad has a Hallett 210 and the difference between how the two boats ride is insane. His will bounce around much more than mine. One thing the Hallett does have over the Schaida is the back seat folds up and mine is bolted in. She has trim tabs which I NEVER use above 3000 for safety concerns but work great at lower speeds for going to the swimming hole when it?s rough. Coming on plane she has a lot of bowrise so you must be careful when you lose sight ahead. I give it a good shot of gas to get up on plane quickly so I can see better. I have a foot throttle which I love at high speeds as I can have both hands on the wheel but am not fond of when pulling skiers as it?s difficult to hold a constant speed. Whichever you prefer is up to you. As far as pulling that boat is really heavy so you really have to give it a shot of gas to get going, still she?s pulled my 225lb self up on a single comp ski and two 225lbn guys up on doubles with no issues whatsoever. The inside of the boat lives up to the Schiada name as the rigging is flawless, the interior is extremely comfortable. The only downside I would say is the seats really wrap around you, I?ve had some ?heavier? friends that can barely fit in them. The entire boat is carpeted which I love but can get a little warm sometimes. I have two swim decks in the back and two pull handles so getting in from the water is quite easy. I like the non skid finish but I?m still finding the optimal way to keep it clean. A few of the things I wish it had are listed in order of importance to me, a trim tab gauge, cup holders for the front seats, and I love that loud boat sound and as this boat?s pipes come out below the water line she sounds like a chemistry experiment.

I love this boat but it def takes some seat time to get used to. A quick search on the boards will tell you of the dangers of running these boats at high speeds with the tabs down so I don?t even mess with that.

I've owned a rt, a twin turbo21 & 22. and a few 210 halletts...the rt was a great boat, mine did 83 in havasu with a 500hp/ron hill prop..