WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Looking to buy a DCB F34

GMD

Reaction score
Looking to buy a DCB F34. I hear the first ones had a hopping issue; aside for that is there anything else I should look for? Anyone have experience with one?

JBS

Reaction score
No first hand experience. I had an F32. Contact Outdrive1 here or at Maxed out marine. They had a very nice one listed for sale

GMD

Reaction score
No first hand experience. I had an F32. Contact Outdrive1 here or at Maxed out marine. They had a very nice one listed for sale

A few weeks ago I looked at the F34 Maxed out Marine has and I'm going back for a second look Friday with my wife. I know one thing, I will not spend that kind of money without driving one first.

Whos outdrive1? Does he own an F34? I'd really like to talk to someone that owns one and get a first hand opinion.

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
A few weeks ago I looked at the F34 Maxed out Marine has and I'm going back for a second look Friday with my wife. I know one thing, I will not spend that kind of money without driving one first.

Whos outdrive1? Does he own an F32? I'd really like to talk to someone that owns one and get a first hand opinion.

Welcome to RDP. Outdrive1 runs the service bays @ Maxed Out. Both Rick and Paul are really stand up guys. They will make sure boat is a good fit and honestly disclose everything they know and try and answer any question / concern you have. I am sure you will be able to water test boat if you are serious about it. I have bought and sold multiple boats with Maxed Out and been pleased with every transaction. I know which boat you are looking at it looks really clean on the trailer. Good luck - enjoy. :thumbup:

SJP

Chipster27

B Team Member #27
Reaction score
Welcome to RDP. Outdrive1 runs the service bays @ Maxed Out. Both Rick and Paul are really stand up guys. They will make sure boat is a good fit and honestly disclose everything they know and try and answer any question / concern you have.
SJP

X2 on Rick and Paul.

Call Tony at DCB, he can give you the details on an F34 and how they drive/ride. I've also talked to Brandon Allen a couple times, real nice guy and I'm sure he'd answer any questions you have. Here's a link to a story featuring him and his F34. It's not so much about how the boat handles, but his insight as to how he acquired one.

http://www.powerboatnation.com/content/375-dream-lime-green-theme.html

GMD

Reaction score

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
One of my favorite boats. It's the one I would buy if I had lotto money. Good luck on your purchase.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Looking to buy a DCB F34. I hear the first ones had a hopping issue; aside for that is there anything else I should look for? Anyone have experience with one?

Gordyd4, even after they updated the bottoms they still run like shit.. You'd be better off finding a better running boat to start with, or if top quality is on the list then find a small or different model DCB.

RD

GMD

Reaction score
Gordyd4, even after they updated the bottoms they still run like shit.. You'd be better off finding a better running boat to start with, or if top quality is on the list then find a small or different model DCB.

RD

What do you mean run like shit?

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
Well - I saw that F34 running down the lake yesterday. Looked good - was working hard though. :thumbup:

GMD

Reaction score
Couple weeks ago, I made am offer on the F34 in Havasu, but the guy would not let me drive it or get a ride in it, (BIG RED FLAG) so I went and looked at another one. No way I'm gonna buy a boat without test driving it; he gave me some bullshit answer that it was protocall, but I've looked at probably 15 boats all the other dealers or owners has said, if your really interested, I'll take you out on the lake. I think I was seriously interested in 5 of the boats, and those are the ones I test drove. So far the best dealer I have dealt with is Preston at Horizon Motorsports.

I test drove an F34 last weekend; had issues but I think they can be worked out. Appears I will have an F34 here shortly as we made an agreement on price and conditions. Just waiting on the seller to finish up some details.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Couple weeks ago, I made am offer on the F34 in Havasu, but the guy would not let me drive it or get a ride in it, (BIG RED FLAG) so I went and looked at another one. No way I'm gonna buy a boat without test driving it; he gave me some bullshit answer that it was protocall, but I've looked at probably 15 boats all the other dealers or owners has said, if your really interested, I'll take you out on the lake. I think I was seriously interested in 5 of the boats, and those are the ones I test drove. So far the best dealer I have dealt with is Preston at Horizon Motorsports.

I test drove an F34 last weekend; had issues but I think they can be worked out. Appears I will have an F34 here shortly as we made an agreement on price and conditions. Just waiting on the seller to finish up some details.

Your offer was too low. No point in putting you in a customers boat for a joy ride when he won't sell it for what you offered. Had he accepted your offer and we would expect a deposit and verification of your funds due upon delivery of any boat we have for sale that is owned by a customer. Sorry that was too complicated for you to understand. We don't give any rides in any boat until that criteria is met.

Congrats on your purchase however. [emoji106]

Chipster27

B Team Member #27
Reaction score
No point in putting you in a customers boat for a joy ride when he won't sell it for what you offered.
I support OD1 on this having just used them to sell my boat. The last thing I wanted them doing was giving rides to tire kickers. They did their due diligence in confirming a prospective buyers interest and financial qualifications. Rides in boats are a little different than drives in cars. Cars you run around the block, maybe a couple miles and you're done. Boats have to be launched, retrieved, wiped down, fueled, etc, only to find out the prospective buyer can't qualify, or just wanted a ride in a fast boat.
Blurry because of the porpoising
Ouch :bash: :D

Reactions: SJP

GMD

Reaction score
I support OD1 on this having just used them to sell my boat. The last thing I wanted them doing was giving rides to tire kickers. They did their due diligence in confirming a prospective buyers interest and financial qualifications. Rides in boats are a little different than drives in cars. Cars you run around the block, maybe a couple miles and you're done. Boats have to be launched, retrieved, wiped down, fueled, etc, only to find out the prospective buyer can't qualify, or just wanted a ride in a fast boat.

Ouch :bash: :D

You can call it what you want, test ride, test drive, joy ride whatever. We fully expected the request of proof of funds; we were ready to provide proof as my wife had a copy of our savings accounts to show we had more than enough to cover the purchase of the boat.

All the work that goes into selling a boat is just that, work and they are being paid for it when the boat sells. I really don't care what work it takes after a test ride. Doing all that is part of selling a boat and making their $11,000.00+ commission.

This is an F34 we are looking at purchasing. No test drive, BIG RED FLAG! Yes, I made an offer, but before I drive the boat, you?re not going to get a final $ and commitment to buy from me. I said I was willing to pay more money for the boat, but not until I test drove it.

I have not finalized the deal on the other boat back east, as the owner is working out his bank details. I'm not financing the boat and I would require a pink slip with payment.

My deal stands, test drive as per our conversation. If I like it, then maybe we make a deal.

You want me to write a check for $100k+, I drive it first.

GMD

Reaction score
Your offer was too low. No point in putting you in a customers boat for a joy ride when he won't sell it for what you offered. Had he accepted your offer and we would expect a deposit and verification of your funds due upon delivery of any boat we have for sale that is owned by a customer. Sorry that was too complicated for you to understand. We don't give any rides in any boat until that criteria is met.

Congrats on your purchase however. [emoji106]

Not to complicated to understand, but what I understand is you guys are on the difficult side of dealing with. I don't think you understand fully about a purchaser's needs; and that equates into lost sales for Maxxed out marine. You guys are just more difficult to work with than others I have have met in the business.
I'm not so sure you really understand the importance of working with a buyer, but that may be too complicated for you too understand.

From my experience, it appears to me you just list boats on the internet and expect to sell without any work involved. I'm sure you have sold many boats, but how many have you not sold because of your unfavorable............well, you get it, that should not be to complicated to understand.

GMD

Reaction score
You can call it what you want, test ride, test drive, joy ride whatever. We fully expected the request of proof of funds; we were ready to provide proof as my wife had a copy of our savings accounts to show we had more than enough to cover the purchase of the boat.

All the work that goes into selling a boat is just that, work and they are being paid for it when the boat sells. I really don't care what work it takes after a test ride. Doing all that is part of selling a boat and making their $11,000.00+ commission.

This is an F34 we are looking at purchasing. No test drive, BIG RED FLAG! Yes, I made an offer, but before I drive the boat, you?re not going to get a final $ and commitment to buy from me. I said I was willing to pay more money for the boat, but not until I test drove it.

I have not finalized the deal on the other boat back east, as the owner is working out his bank details. I'm not financing the boat and I would require a pink slip with payment.

My deal stands, test drive as per our conversation. If I like it, then maybe we make a deal.

CANCEL that, you have no chance in getting my money.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Maxed sold my boat and went above and beyond to get it done. Personally I like there reasons for avoiding water tests.

A serious buyer would have negotiated a price that the seller would have accepted and then made the deal contingent on the test drive going down without an issue. Perhaps you wouldn't have liked the boat or it's handling and I imagine they would have been OK with loosing out on the sale and tried to put you into another boat?

If I'm selling something for 150k and refuse to take less than 120k than there is no reason to let someone with a lower offer than that drive my boat.

What they did makes perfect sense...:)

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
It looks as though they already made the decision not to take your money. It does happen at times when you have to make the decision that some sales just arent worth it. I have on numerous occasions "fired" a potential customer.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score

But what if it was the perfect one........the one you have been looking for.........the one, the only.......then will they get your money??

Outdrive1

Reaction score
Not to complicated to understand, but what I understand is you guys are on the difficult side of dealing with. I don't think you understand fully about a purchaser's needs; and that equates into lost sales for Maxxed out marine. You guys are just more difficult to work with than others I have have met in the business.
I'm not so sure you really understand the importance of working with a buyer, but that may be too complicated for you too understand.

From my experience, it appears to me you just list boats on the internet and expect to sell without any work involved. I'm sure you have sold many boats, but how many have you not sold because of your unfavorable............well, you get it, that should not be to complicated to understand.

Pretty sure our policy of protecting the owners interest has been working pretty well.

We took you out in a 30 Daytona you were going to buy also. That was owned by us so we had the luxury if putting you in it. You stroked us on that deal also. Hence the reason you didn't get a ride in another boat owned by someone else. Not too mention your offer was too low and the owner instructed us NOT to take you in his boat or sell you his boat at that point. That was his decision. That's what you fail to comprehend again. He was specific about not letting you in his boat period.

bluebleeder

Reaction score

So you flew back east to test drive your prospective new boat?

Chipster27

B Team Member #27
Reaction score
Doing all that is part of selling a boat and making their $11,000.00+ commission.

$11k commission on a $100k boat? I must have got the RDP deal when they sold my boat for over $80k and didn't charge anything near $11k, LOL.

I can only say that from a seller's perspective they got me what I wanted and did it hassle free. Sorry your experience hasn't been the same.

Best wishes in your search for a boat, I'm sure you'll find what you want at the price you want to pay.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Sounds like maybe u should just build your own boat and not have to deal w anyone else. If money isn't an issue I don't see y not

SkiDoc

Reaction score
Outdrive,
From the sellers' perspective you are doing the right thing. I'm the owner of the 34 "east". I told Gordon bottom line was 105, he came and drove it then texted me an offer at 90. Would have never let him drive it at that offer. Live and learn. At least I was wasting time on the lake.

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
Outdrive,
From the sellers' perspective you are doing the right thing. I'm the owner of the 34 "east". I told Gordon bottom line was 105, he came and drove it then texted me an offer at 90. Would have never let him drive it at that offer. Live and learn. At least I was wasting time on the lake.

SkiDoc - Welecome to RDP - nice F34. Up until your post I thought the original poster was trolling :D.

I just want to make a couple of seperate comments on this thread (directed towards the OP)

1. The water test is the formality to make sure the boat is not a train wreck or fix last minute items. It appears you are trying to use it as a part of your negioating tactics. After running back and forth across the country and the dessert a few times maybe you will modify your approach. Finding a distressed sale from a broker is stupid and most guys holding these types of boats are not hurting. Just trying to save you some time and others aggravation.

2. Not sure how many of these boats you have owned or similar types of toys but the initial purchase is the easy part. Operating, upkeep, maintenance and all the little things is where the props meet the water. These boats all do not look brand new by accident or dumb luck. By the way Maxed Out Marine, OCM, Horizon etc all do more than just broker boats - they will be a good resource for you moving forward.

3. Take a step back and put the shoe on the other foot for one second. Picture 1-2 years down the road when you want to list your F34 and by that M35. How many details, services and rides do you want to pay for on people just day dreaming about your boat or low balling you? Hey maybe a few guys on here maybe in the market for an F34 or maybe they will just want to take a ride... :D

Best of luck in your search for the epic F34 (priced below market)

SJP

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
SkiDoc - Welecome to RDP - nice F34. Up until your post I thought the original poster was trolling :D.

I just want to make a couple of seperate comments on this thread (directed towards the OP)

1. The water test is the formality to make sure the boat is not a train wreck or fix last minute items. It appears you are trying to use it as a part of your negioating tactics. After running back and forth across the country and the dessert a few times maybe you will modify your approach. Finding a distressed sale from a broker is stupid and most guys holding these types of boats are not hurting. Just trying to save you some time and others aggravation.

2. Not sure how many of these boats you have owned or similar types of toys but the initial purchase is the easy part. Operating, upkeep, maintenance and all the little things is where the props meet the water. These boats all do not look brand new by accident or dumb luck. By the way Maxed Out Marine, OCM, Horizon etc all do more than just broker boats - they will be a good resource for you moving forward.

3. Take a step back and put the shoe on the other foot for one second. Picture 1-2 years down the road when you want to list your F34 and by that M35. How many details, services and rides do you want to pay for on people just day dreaming about your boat or low balling you? Hey maybe a few guys on here maybe in the market for an F34 or maybe they will just want to take a ride... :D

Best of luck in your search for the epic F34 (priced below market)

SJP

^^^^^THIS^^^^^^

Well Said.

Outdrive1

Reaction score
Outdrive,

What a surprise.

90 is what he offered on ours and the offer wasn't accepted either. Guess we know what his budget is.

Outdrive1

Reaction score
Ours is getting listed for 35 no motors or drives.

Patyacht

Reaction score
I sold boats for 20 years and Maxed Out Marine is doing it exactly right by the book.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Where's Gordy I want to hear his side now

mbrown2

Reaction score
Call out threads are awesome. Ironically when you have both sellers posting and the "buyer's" story is not quite as he posted. Lol

Classic thread....I am all for getting a good deal but nickle/diming/low balling/alienating on a high end boat when the entry fee is just the beginning is not the way to start out high end boating....

GMD

Reaction score
The F34 I bought was originally Dave Hemmingson's personal boat. I took delivery of the boat Thursday after a quick water test. I took it out on the lake Saturday and got to know it better. While the F34 is not a perfect boat, it is a great boat. I've rode in Nortec and Eliminators that do not come close to how this boat drives.

Cruised around most of the day about 60. Solid as I would expect a DCB. Really glad I bought a boat with EFI. It idles so well and automatically picks up the rpms when shifting into gear. Drove through the canal in from the south side of the lake and it never missed a beat.

By the way, anyone wanting a joy ride in an F34, hit me up anytime.

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
Congrats on the purchase. See you on the water. Post pics of new ride. :thumbup:

GMD

Reaction score
Ours is getting listed for 35 no motors or drives.

Guess you should of taken me out in your F34 you have for sale as I probably would of bought it when I met you at the beach. Might of had it sold instead of having to part it out LOL.

Worked out way better for me; after looking at your boat and then traveling to Kentucky to look at the one I bought, the F34 I bought is way in nicer condition and much better equipped.

Outdrive1

Reaction score
Guess you should of taken me out in your F34 you have for sale as I probably would of bought it when I met you at the beach. Might of had it sold instead of having to part it out LOL.

Worked out way better for me; after looking at your boat and then traveling to Kentucky to look at the one I bought, the F34 I bought is way in nicer condition and much better equipped--yours carbureted and roots blower, my new boat EFI and Whipple superchargers, better motors and SCX drives.

Congrats on your purchase and enjoy your boat. At the end of the day that's all that matters. As for the boat being parted out, that's the owners decision. He bought another boat less power and drives. I think he's going to be really happy with his new boat also.

You say better equipped, a pair of number VI drives are 100k and the props are another 10k. A pair of Imco drives are 20k. Just food for thought. ;)

88vector

Reaction score
Congrats on your purchase and enjoy your boat. At the end of the day that's all that matters. As for the boat being parted out, that's the owners decision. He bought another boat less power and drives. I think he's going to be really happy with his new boat also.

You say better equipped, a pair of number VI drives are 100k and the props are another 10k. A pair of Imco drives are 20k. Just food for thought. ;)
Bnag!

GMD

Reaction score

Twelve year old six drives worth 100k, dude, are you talking Pesos. LOL Shit, saw one on OSO the other day for 12K complete.

At the end of the day I'm sure it will work out for your customer and I hope he likes his new boat; after all, it's all about getting on the lake having good times.

Peace, it's been fun:D

Wright Brothers

Reaction score
If you know anyone else looking for a f34 contact me please. I'm looking to sell my 03. image.jpg