WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Have you ever thought about how much $ we spend on our hobby of boating?

milkmoney

Reaction score
I call this a baller thread. If you can afford it you can post here. :)

Rattle Can Lou

Reaction score
Oh Fuck...really? You guys are crazy over here..I can't believe I can afford it all...three boats..one under construction..fuel is out of control and I have used my boat over 25 times this season...with a complete Needles/Parker combo two week vacation coming up...Somebody shoot me!

milkmoney

Reaction score
Oh Fuck...really? You guys are crazy over here..I can't believe I can afford it all...three boats..one under construction..fuel is out of control and I have used my boat over 25 times this season...with a complete Needles/Parker combo two week vacation coming up...Somebody shoot me!

U want me to use my gun or yours :)

LB247XS

Reaction score
Oh I'm thinking about it right now because all my boating money just went to my daughter's college fund.im bummed really bad no lake/river again this year.on to the main topic it's actually pretty reasonable for us have a free place to stay in Havasu and fuel for the boat is a low cost. before our next trip it's gonna cost us.full service on the boat tires for trailer and possible switch out oilbath hubs to grease hubs too

IinsureU

aka 'Insman'
Reaction score
Yup, finally added up how much I was spending every month for the "Havasu Program", then I sold the plane, the boat, the house, the rhino and so on. Figured I could travel anywhere in the world basically a few times a year at First Class + and still be money ahead.... :D

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Someone just told me yesterday that all the money I spend on boating and what not limits where I can travel and how often. My answer to that... Your husband doesn't work, I work two jobs to have extra money and I'll still take my normal vacations as well as my lake trips [emoji4] I guess now it's not really the money as much as the time

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Someone just told me yesterday that all the money I spend on boating and what not limits where I can travel and how often. My answer to that... Your husband doesn't work, I work two jobs to have extra money and I'll still take my normal vacations as well as my lake trips [emoji4] I guess now it's not really the money as much as the time

Yep.

I tell them all the time.."come and get some and spend it however you want".

They are still in bed right now while we are stacking...:thumbup::cool:bowdown:

farmo83

Reaction score
Insurance and storage alone on mine is 1500. I?m sure by the time you factor in winter projects(this year was a new sound system, naming the boat, GPS speedo(epic fail), towable cover, and other yearly activities), gas for the boat, gas to pull, food, booze, a trip to the Drag Boat races, I?ve spent around 10k this year on boating. At the end of the day though this is the hobby I?ve chosen, I don?t play golf, I don?t travel much, don?t go off-roading, etc. It all depends on what you want to do, my roommate has spent near this on a few trips he?s taken this year. Like it was said earlier if it ever came down to boating vs paying bills then I would be sitting at home all summer.

A family friend is 70 years old, has 1100 TT V drive Spectra, and still rolls into work every day. My Dad asked him recently when he was going to retire and his response was ? I can?t if I want to keep that boat running.?

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
I did the math a couple months back when I sold our big boat.

It averaged something like $750 for every hour we put on the boat from 05-14. That includes everything (payments,insurance,storage,maintain,etc....)

This is a stupid hobby....payments were a majority of that and I won't have another one moving forward;):)

The hardest part was letting the boat sit after your lifestyle changes but still making the payment...(kids will do that...lol)

Reaction score
I did the math a couple months back when I sold our big boat.

It averaged something like $750 for every hour we put on the boat from 05-14. That includes everything (payments,insurance,storage,maintain,etc....)

This is a stupid hobby....payments were a majority of that and I won't have another one moving forward;):)

The hardest part was letting the boat sit after your lifestyle changes but still making the payment...(kids will do that...lol)

Not having a payment makes the sitting boat with kids things a little easier. Lol I know I know.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Just starting a thread about boating expense should be an automatic 3 day vacation!!!:grumble: