WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Anyone know a good AZ lawer? In dispute with Got Water Marine in Havasu.

screaming pete

Reaction score
so if Tobtek pony's up a third, dealer third and manufacture third....can this deal get done and Tobtek and family get on the river?:thumbup:

Warlock1

Reaction score
So how much of an upcharge was there? I thought I saw a number of 800.00...

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
If it went down as RD says I can empathize with both sides . The manufacturer should eat the cost and have a happy customer and dealer . Secondly probably pennies on the dollar in the price of the boat so maybe they could charge cost on it and he should be happy and move on . Best part of the year comes this Tuesday morning ! Good luck

That is what I took from tobteks original thread..

TOBTEK

Reaction score
The order was changed. Toby presumed it would be a down charge from carpet to vinyl. Turned out it was an up charge. Toby said screw it I will stick with the carpet. Dealer says too late it is already done now.. Toby's grips is that he should have been informed of the price increase and signed for it. Second problem is the dealer told him they weren't building the boat for another three days to a week, Apparently mfg found some time and produced the boat and it is almost already done.

It sounds like the mfg had an open slot and built the boat on the quick. The dealer made the change on the flooring and it was installed probably same day or next day. The dealer then informs Toby of the up charge that was presumed to be cheaper. Toby says fuck that I don't want it. They say too late. Toby says well then fuck you I don't want the boat. They say you ordered it so it's yours. Toby says well lemme start a thread on ole Rdp.. Dave (me) whacks the first thread because it is outside the scope of our rules and content we want on here.. Informs Toby of correct way of posting issues. Here we are at thread number two. :D

If Toby wouldn't have changed the order he would have gotten what he asked for for the price agreed. He is pissed because the flooring ended up costing more instead of less.. And using the excuse that he should have been informed of that, but leaving out the accelerated timeline of the build.. Pontoons go together quick once they are on the assembly line..

Personally I think Toby ought to split the floor cost with the dealer and enjoy his new boat..

These dealers in Havasu aren't big businesses.not too many of them can or want to floor a boat until it sells if someone backs out of a build. I would assume this is where the reluctance to give the 7k back comes from..

Ring, Ring. "Hello, RD's Mediation and arbitration services.. Can we help you?" :)

LoL. That's pretty dang close. In the long run the 800-1000 for the carpet isn't a big deal. The FU attitude is! He F'd up. Make it right. We're not talking about a 5000.00 beater toon. Gray vinyl floor on a 60k package isn't gonna fly.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Ring, Ring. "Hello, RD's Mediation and arbitration services.. Can we help you?" :)

You put it on here.. Lol

LoL. That's pretty dang close. In the long run the 800-1000 for the carpet isn't a big deal. The FU attitude is! He F'd up. Make it right. We're not talking about a 5000.00 beater toon. Gray vinyl floor on a 60k package isn't gonna fly.

Then why did you ask for it?

Blown Lavey

Mid week boating anyone..
Reaction score
All I can say is couldn't have happened to a nicer guy, maybe some karma from your loan days:cool.

TOBTEK

Reaction score
You put it on here.. Lol

Then why did you ask for it?

Like you said...... We assumed the vinyl would be less expense then glued down carpet. I thought vinyl was Standard. Was wrong I've now learned. Then with the snap in carpet, would be a price wash as orig ordered. Vaughn said while we were with him on that Tuesday morning, he would check on it for it was scheduled to be built in 3 days to a week. The very next day, the boat was 95% built, price went up, we were not notified or given the opportunity to approve or decline these added expenses, and I still would need to buy carpet. That's the issue.
And the whole trailer issue. Orig the boat was to be delivered direct from the factory. Pacific needs the boat to make the Alum trailer. Now Vaughn is refusing this, for if theirs any freight damage probably will be an issue on who's responsible. I get and understand that. But need thing in chino. Maybe I can find a loaner trailer if we get that far ??

TOBTEK

Reaction score
All I can say is couldn't have happened to a nicer guy, maybe some karma from your loan days:cool.

Yeah those construction loans with pre existing issues are so easy, and happen over night. Glad to see your not harbor ing any Ill will for the last 8 years or so. That was so much fun dealing with your happy cheerful fianc?. That was one to pass on for sure !

Blown Lavey

Mid week boating anyone..
Reaction score
No bad feelings on my part, just calling them as I see them. We have bought a boat from Vaughn as well and it went smooth as one could ask for. Carry on.

TOBTEK

Reaction score
No bad feelings on my part, just calling them as I see them. We have bought a boat from Vaughn as well and it went smooth as one could ask for. Carry on.

I'm sure that is the way you saw it. You, your wonderful girlfriend / wife now have No idea how many man hours it took to get your Construction loan done. Don't remember all the details, just remember it was the hardest file I ever did, and your lady F bombing me the whole time. Thank less job at times when the borrows and lenders have issues. Then the L.O takes the heat for the lenders stips and delays. Tough business.

milkmoney

Reaction score
Well this jus turned into a call out thread. Lol

You suck. No you suck. :)

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score

My loan with Toby went smooooth. Came all the way to Yorba Linda to have me sign the papers. Only cost me a cheeseburger at T.G.I.F. :D

TOBTEK

Reaction score
My loan with Toby went smooooth. Came all the way to Yorba Linda to have me sign the papers. Only cost me a cheeseburger at T.G.I.F. :D

And yours was the easiest refi of all time :) you still in that house Bobby? Let's sell it :)

TOBTEK

Reaction score
OK........ Just reached out one last time to this dealership to patch things up. Let's see what happens.

riverroyal

Reaction score
No, I really do. I'm running out of friends with boats to sponge free rides from.

Let's get this resolved soon Toby.

I have 2 paddle boards out there now. One has real short paddle, see you Saturday

riverroyal

Reaction score
Have a bad ass 1100 Blaster we can pull around on :)

Bunch of boat less bums will be at the pool, paddle boarding, then live music at the pool Saturday,,,,,,load up the girls, drive out.

TOBTEK

Reaction score
I remember when Toby had a DCB and now he is buying a toon. damn getting old sux :p

LOL....No doubt. Still want a project Mach22 with 300 drags. Like to go off on one in the paint booth.

robby dmax

Reaction score
Looking for a good AZ attorney referal. Have plenty of attorney's in CA, but they cant do anything in AZ. In a contract dispute with Got Water Marine in Havasu. Ordered a new Avalon Tritoon through them, The transaction has turned sour. And now they will not return our $7000.00 deposit.
Do we have a resident AZ attorney on here? Or a good connection?

Thanks.
I Used this guy whenever I had a problem with Chris at prestigious marine on a drive
Law Office of* Thomas W. Jones
1979 N. McCulloch Blvd #203
Lake Havasu City, AZ 86403
928/855-9878..
Was happy with the outcome...

TOBTEK

Reaction score
I Used this guy whenever I had a problem with Chris at prestigious marine on a drive
Law Office of* Thomas W. Jones
1979 N. McCulloch Blvd #203
928/855-9878..
Was happy with the outcome...

thank you....

framer1

Reaction score
I used Toby when I bought a condo in downtown San Diego, it was a very good experience. If I remember correctly he bought the Pizza and beer.:thumbsup

dribble

Reaction score
So he's going to hire a $300.00 per hour attorney over not wanting to pay for an (unauthorized) $800.00 up-charge for an upgrade that he asked for? Or risk losing a $7,000 deposit over this and not having the boat for the rest of the season? This seems pretty self defeating to me.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
So he's going to hire a $300.00 per hour attorney over not wanting to pay for an (unauthorized) $800.00 up-charge for an upgrade that he asked for? Or risk losing a $7,000 deposit over this and not having the boat for the rest of the season? This seems pretty self defeating to me.

Must be "Common Core" math??:cool

TOBTEK

Reaction score

You are OK when someone takes advantage of you? Its not about the money. It's all about someone taking responsability for their mistake, Maning up and making it right.

I sent an Email last night offering to move forward at the agrees upon price with only the carpet kit. Think that's being fair.

TOBTEK

Reaction score
I used Toby when I bought a condo in downtown San Diego, it was a very good experience. If I remember correctly he bought the Pizza and beer.:thumbsup

How ya doing Bruce ? Was thinking about you the other day. Drove by Basic Pizza. It's GONE :( That place ROCKED!

"IF" we get this Toon or whatever down the road, love to host you and Deb for a weekend :)

skifaster

Hard Member
Reaction score

I also used Toby for a refi back in 2010. Everything went as expected, except for my 1st son being born 5.5 weeks early and closing the refi while in the hospital. Toby did all he said he would, which it seems like all he is asking for here. Good luck and I hope this works out.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
You are OK when someone takes advantage of you? Its not about the money. It's all about someone taking responsability for their mistake, Maning up and making it right.

I sent an Email last night offering to move forward at the agrees upon price with only the carpet kit. Think that's being fair.

Well, it seems to be sort of about the money?

I don't know, just seems to me that there was nothing malicious done? I do agree with your posts about the boat transportation for the trailer though.
That part would concern me more than the measly carpet charges...

Just sounds like they are trying to do this deal for you and you aren't really having any understanding about the hiccups in the logistics of a build maybe?
I'm not saying that they should get every break in the world, but jeeze...:cool

framer1

Reaction score
How ya doing Bruce ? Was thinking about you the other day. Drove by Basic Pizza. It's GONE :( That place ROCKED!

"IF" we get this Toon or whatever down the road, love to host you and Deb for a weekend :)

Sounds like fun. I haven't been boating for a long while. I heard it was gone, one of my favorite places. My new hang outs are The Lucky bastard and Barley Mash ( I think that was the name).I Like San Diego Beer Co. too. Than again if they sell beer, I'm usually pretty happy.

AzGeo

Fair winds and following seas George.. Rest Easy..
Reaction score
called 'Custom boats' and others are not. Small dealer wants to sell a (non-custom) boat at the end of the season and is willing to 'jump through some logistical hoops' to make a buck and a customer happy. Customer knows 95% of what he wants, but asks about floor coverings. Factory has poor communication skills and leaves the dealer 'hanging out to dry'. (not the first time) Customer is asking for 'quick answers' and the dealer is now looking at 'flaming hoops' and probably less profit than the original deal, with all the logistics still thrown on top . If it's one thing that is consistent in the 'boat business' it would be that "no good deed ever goes unpunished" . Am I close in my POV of this problem ? As a 'famous American' once said; "Can't we all just get along here ?"

dribble

Reaction score

No I'm not but if I put in a change order of any kind and if they didn't tell me the price difference (and I agree they should have) I would have asked. That way I couldn't have gotten taken advantage of. I had two new boats built and both times if something needed changing, we discussed price.

Like I told the attorney when my sister ripped me and my siblings off for 60K of our inheritance. We are not going to spend $90,000 chasing $60,000. His response was, You sir are a very smart man.

I hope your latest communication works out for you.

TOBTEK

Reaction score
No I'm not but if I put in a change order of any kind and if they didn't tell me the price difference (and I agree they should have) I would have asked. That way I couldn't have gotten taken advantage of. I had two new boats built and both times if something needed changing, we discussed price.

Like I told the attorney when my sister ripped me and my siblings off for 60K of our inheritance. We are not going to spend $90,000 chasing $60,000. His response was, You sir are a very smart man.

I hope your latest communication works out for you.

Hear what your sayin. Havent heard an answer back yet. No idea where we are with this. Really dont care anymore! If we get it...great. If we dont, thats fine as well.

PVHCA

Reaction score
Hope it all get's resolved for you soon. Some peeps here are missing the point, when they get fucked you can laugh at them.

TOBTEK

Reaction score
Hope it all get's resolved for you soon. Some peeps here are missing the point, when they get fucked you can laugh at them.

Thanks. Nice to see at least one person here understands it's ok not to roll over and get taken advantage of. Interesting enough I sent them a Email Thursday night offering to put our differences aside and let's work this out. 5 days later...... Still nothing resolved.

Boozer

Extreme Mist
Reaction score
Thanks. Nice to see at least one person here understands it's ok not to roll over and get taken advantage of. Interesting enough I sent them a Email Thursday night offering to put our differences aside and let's work this out. 5 days later...... Still nothing resolved.

Send a demand letter and move on. He's a small business and there's no excuse for not responding to an email. If the guy has horrible pre-sale support I can only imagine what his post sale support is like.

PVHCA

Reaction score

I've been fucked royally once before and when I have the chance I still try and bury the P.O.S. I understand others may have had and continue to receive great service but that's not MY point. If you personally get fucked it's tough to swallow no matter the amount.

TOBTEK

Reaction score
I've been fucked royally once before and when I have the chance I still try and bury the P.O.S. I understand others may have had and continue to receive great service but that's not MY point. If you personally get fucked it's tough to swallow no matter the amount.

My thoughts as well. $800-1000.. Who cares on a 50+K over priced toon! There's one other group that not gonna be a fan of mine soon as well.

BajaMike

Reaction score
Hope it works out. Sucks to spend a lot of money and get bent over the table...hope this vendor knows the bad press he is getting.

TOBTEK

Reaction score
Hello Toby,

Okay....I think we have all our ducks in a row now!

Here is the status on the boat:

The boat is completed, and includes all options listed on the Purchase Agreement we each signed on August 18th when you were here, as well as the added vinyl floor and wash-down. The factory was cooperative in re-opening the boat as I asked them to install the snap-in carpet option as well; these are all at the agreed upon price.

Re the trailer, I have spoken to Joe at Pacific Trailer in Chino and he's very willing to help us all out as well. I will receive the boat here in Lake Havasu from the factory as usual and have it set on my triple tube trailer. I'll do my normal inspection, prep, and PDI, then deliver the trailer myself to his plant in Chino. He needs the boat there to properly fit it onto an aluminum trailer. This way you can purchase the trailer from him directly (he's fine with this); I will deliver the boat within 48 hours of receiving funding. Maybe you and I can meet there when I deliver the the boat and I can go through my usual checklists, etc. Regarding warranty issues (both boat and trailer) I will gladly accommodate your needs, no differently than any other customer.

Thank you for reaching out last week, I'm in agreement to put this in the past and let's move forward in a positive and professional manner. If you're in agreement with this, please confirm and we'll move forward.

I don't have an exact date for shipment from Avalon but I think it will be next week. I tried today but couldn't get through to the right person, so I should have that answer tomorrow.

Respectfully,

Vaughn Hoskins

Got Water Marine

1590 Industrial Blvd.

Office: 928.855.8588

Fax: 928-855-8593

Cell: 951-609-5979

[email protected]

www.gotWATERmarine.com