WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Any rock music fans?

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score
Just saw this trailer for a mini series this fall on HBO.

I canceled my HBO a while ago. Might have to re-subsribe for a few months. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

koenig

Reaction score
I'll never cancel HBO, they have the best shows on TV!!!! This one looks interesting thanks for the heads up.

My uncles best friends from high school are music producers. One even produced several Metallica albums. Got to visit his studio but not during a well known band recording their album. Did get lots of back stage passes to kick ass concerts though. Here is his friends Wikipedia entry: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Rock Anyway it was cool being in the studio during the recording process. The band I saw was 54/40 video here:

[video=youtube;fMZSSVt355I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMZSSVt355I&list=PL8D7C607538D4AAE0&index=3[/video]

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
I like dave Grohl, I like the biography the did on the Foo Fighters, I like that he bought the old analog sound board out of that studio in Van nuys that recorded all those iconic albums. I don't like that I just cancelled HBO.

Motor Boater

Reaction score
This is good news! I love dave growl and the foo fighters. I also wonder everyday why I have HBO. I use to watch sopranos, curb your enthusiasm and Entourage. Now I don't ever watch HBO at all. The movies are shit, I mean how many times can u watch the karate kid? Bill Mayer is an idiot. I can't get into game of thrones although Ive heard its good. I will watch this one and then shit can it.

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
Dave Grohl and The Goo Bighters suck.:thumbsdown:thumbsdown:D

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
If you have DTV just call them up and ask for HBO back on a discount.

I just had them knock off half price on NFL, and throw in the plus (mobile etc.) in for free.

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
I like dave Grohl, I like the biography the did on the Foo Fighters, I like that he bought the old analog sound board out of that studio in Van nuys that recorded all those iconic albums. I don't like that I just cancelled HBO.

...I had completely forgotten about that studio in Van Nuys,...but if my memory is correct went in there with some friends to try and get a sound but it just wouldnt happen,...so they ended up at village or possibly sunset???... The interior of the van Nuys studio was pretty trashy...had no idea until a few years ago of the famous albums that had ended up being recorded there...

... Found out about a year ago that a female friend of mine produced Graham Parsons there,... did everything live except for the lead guitar she got into a screaming match with whoever was playing guitar because he wanted to track his guitar...he won...
...historically great album I think it was the international submarine band...

... Dave Groll is a very talented individual...

shueman

Reaction score
...I had completely forgotten about that studio in Van Nuys,...but if my memory is correct went in there with some friends to try and get a sound but it just wouldnt happen,...so they ended up at village or possibly sunset???... The interior of the van Nuys studio was pretty trashy...had no idea until a few years ago of the famous albums that had ended up being recorded there...

... Found out about a year ago that a female friend of mine produced Graham Parsons there,... did everything live except for the lead guitar she got into a screaming match with whoever was playing guitar because he wanted to track his guitar...he won...

Sound City :thumbsup...on HBO produced and directed (debut) by Dave...he did buy the Neve 8078...this new show will be much in that same style...:thumbsup

Bigbore500r

Reaction score

The board is now IN Van Nuys, at the Foo Fighters private studio on Canby Street :thumbup:

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
The board is now IN Van Nuys, at the Foo Fighters private studio on Canby Street :thumbup:

Studio 606 on Darby street in Northridge 8721 Darby Ave.

Love the Foo Fighters. Been to 8 of their concerts. :thumbsup

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Studio 606 on Darby street in Northridge 8721 Darby Ave.

Love the Foo Fighters. Been to 8 of their concerts. :thumbsup

Ahhh Darby......

I got it confused with the practice studio's on canby st, i think they are / were called Sound Arena? Used to jam there alot.
I've never seen the Foo's, but I have seen Taylor Hawkins cover band "chevy metal" a bunch at local places.

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
Ahhh Darby......

I got it confused with the practice studio's on canby st, i think they are / were called Sound Arena? Used to jam there alot.
I've never seen the Foo's, but I have seen Taylor Hawkins cover band "chevy metal" a bunch at local places.

I've jammed at those studios too. Right there on Sherman way and Canby.

Chevy Metal was at the Maui Sugar Mill on July 9 and Dave Grohl was there too Jamming with them. :cool

[video=youtube;q-Em_xZHpDc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-Em_xZHpDc[/video]

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score

Chevy Metal was at the Maui Sugar Mill on July 9 and Dave Grohl was there too Jamming with them. :cool
...What was the name of the club that existed for decades on Sherman Way neary Canby...Are the studios mentioned inside what used to be that club???...

...Cadillac Zack who puts on the Monday jams at The Maui Sugarmill has been drawing some real talent...
...Caught this guy A C Myles there a couple of weeks ago... ...He nailed it... Apparently he had blown the crowd away at the Topanga Blues Festival a few weeks earlier... ...I was impressed enough to send this vid on to someone pretty influential in the biz... ...Will this younger guy from Fresno hit it big???... ...Will I win the lotto???...

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
...What was the name of the club that existed for decades on Sherman Way neary Canby...Are the studios mentioned inside what used to be that club???...

...Cadillac Zack who puts on the Monday jams at The Maui Sugarmill has been drawing some real talent...
...Caught this guy A C Myles there a couple of weeks ago... ...He nailed it... Apparently he had blown the crowd away at the Topanga Blues Festival a few weeks earlier...

I know what club you are talking about, but i forget the name. Its a mexican catholic church now......lol
I drive past it every day. Reseda country club perhaps?

Bigbore500r

Reaction score

[video=youtube;q-Em_xZHpDc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-Em_xZHpDc[/video]

Damn that would have been awsome to see!

Foo fighters played @ paladino's on Reseda years back. My friend's family owned the bar back then too, but for some reason i didn't attend. Damn it!

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
I know what club you are talking about, but i forget the name. Its a mexican catholic church now......lol
I drive past it every day. Reseda country club perhaps?

...Country Club sounds right Reseda could have been in there too... ...The last band I saw there was John Kay and Steppenwolf,... probably '80???...

...I live about a mile from what used to be The Palamino... ...It is now Le Monge,...some kind of banquet hall???... ...The Valley over the years has had some great clubs... ...To draw a parallel many of the Hot Boat builders were in the valley in the '60's and '70's...