WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Correct Craft Ski Tique

lIQUIDATEDdAMAGES

Reaction score
So this is an older boat and I don't think there are too many of them around still but here goes...

The boat is 17-9" overall and was the mini Ski-Nautique at the time it was built. Powered by a reverse rotation PCM Ford 302.

Pro's:
-It throws a great ski wake and a respectable wakeboard wake without any ballast.
-It is like driving a little race car until about 45mph (you can literally pull the rope out of a skiers hands from a dead stop)
-Its easy on fuel. Only holds 20 gallons but you can pretty much run all day on a tank.

Cons:
-If you want to go out in anything other than glass get ready to bounce
-Storage space is limited
-Closed bow limits seating

The boat that I have has been a bit of a project. I bought it with a partner in SD about three years ago. He bailed out about a year ago and it's all mine now. When we bought the boat it had a bunch of problems that we missed on a cursory inspection. We started by replacing a cracked head, and bad carb, it continued to a transmission, a full engine rebuild a year later, and another rebuild this past summer due to a crappy first rebuild. Also had some gel work and a new trailer rebuilt this winter.

Here are some pics since I've owned it.

photo (46).jpg dj.jpg IPHONE PIcs 458.jpg IPHONE PIcs 1502.jpg IPHONE PIcs 1582.jpg Lake Mead Labor Day 2011 024.jpg Lake Mead Labor Day 2011 033.jpg

Kylemenz1

Reaction score
Very cool. I grew up in a 1987 Ski Supreme. They look very similar.

Backlash

Reaction score
I have always loved Nautiques and if i were to ever buy a direct drive boat, it would be this one. When you have time please post up more pics! Thank you for sharing!

Henry

DC-88

Reaction score
The main reason I looked for a Nautique was because on a nice winter day in probably 1994 we were sitting at the beach by our house in my buddies yard looking at his 85' + - Nautique plus a sheet glass ocean and decided to launch it after which a couple of us would jump off the pier and do some ski runs. He decided he didn't want to put the trailer in the salt water so we loaded it w beers/supplies and headed over the canyon road to the local lake. Riding 3 across in a single cab old lifted F250 , drinking CL's, (not the driver honestly), and tailgating the shit out of some tourists in a dodge caravan all the way across. Near the end of the road/turnoff there is a sharp s-turn w a bump and I was sitting bitch so I got the perfect view of the tongue popping, chain snapping, and the Nautique pirouetting in the air. The tourists in the van slowed down before noticeably laughing and not stopping as the single axle trailer buried itself in the passenger side hillside and the boat went up the same hill and rolled/slid onto the road breaking off the windshield , rudder, and propshaft. The road was covered w beers, a broken Connelly, all sorts of assorted boat shit, a Maherajah in perfect condition and my Kidder w minimal scuffing. The truck had a winch so we wheeled the trailer around to the bumper/boat and rolled the boat over. Then we winched it onto the trailer and limped home, talking about how my buddy was going to explain it to his wife (he was about 4 years older than us). He called his insurance company and I helped him drop it off for repairs and that's when I realized how tough these things are. It was really not that much $$ to get it back to normal and he used it for many trouble free years after the accident---