WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Pin Connector Help

Luvnlife

Head Ram Rod
Reaction score
On the back of my backup camera on my motorhome their is a four slot sguare pin connector that has three wires from a harness going into it. Actually had three because one of the terminals broke and the wire fell out. Ive been told to push the terminal out the back, get anew one, crimp it on and push the wire back through from the back. They had a tool to push it out the back but it was too big for the connector as in diameter. So I was told to just use a small screwdriver or whatever but the damn connector will not budge and Im putting a lot on it. Am I doing something wrong? Are they in that tight? Any suggestions? I just dont want to break the pin connector. Thanks

CampbellCarl

Reaction score
If its what I think it is.....the pins have 'fins' that lock when pressed into the housing and they are one way only unless you have the tool that compresses the fins and allow them to slide out of the housing. Someone that you know must have one of those tools. Anybody that does any kind of custom wiring ie stereo shop, custom bike builder etc. Think boy, think, who do you know?

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
These?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409583985.153599.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409583997.803725.jpg

Luvnlife

Head Ram Rod
Reaction score
If its what I think it is.....the pins have 'fins' that lock when pressed into the housing and they are one way only unless you have the tool that compresses the fins and allow them to slide out of the housing. Someone that you know must have one of those tools. Anybody that does any kind of custom wiring ie stereo shop, custom bike builder etc. Think boy, think, who do you know?

I bought a tool that has like five different sizes all to big. I went radio shack to buy a smaller one and that guy said use a small screwdriver which doesn't work

spotondl

In a Purple Haze
Reaction score
Pacific Radio in Burbank should have 'em.

Are you home Cale? I have some super fine tools that would probably work.

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
That looks like what I need. Where can I pick those up at? Lowes depot or specialty shop?

I got them at an electronics specialty store. I'm sure they could be found on Amazon unless you need one today. If so might try Radio Shack. I think mine are made by Walden, Waldon? They come in different sizes. Let me know if you need more info such as sizing.

Luvnlife

Head Ram Rod
Reaction score
Well I think I will head back home and just order them up. I can't find them local and would just rather have them if needed. Thanks for the help everyone

rrrr

Reaction score
You'll need a special crimper for those terminals...buy one when you order the extraction tools.

They are commonly called pin-and-socket or Molex connectors, .062 and .093 are the most common sizes.

If you have a Fry's Electronics close by they stock the extraction tools, pins, and crimpers.