WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Chocolate Lab Found in Big River

Mary Hamilton

Reaction score
This sweet boy was found on Rio Vista in Big River by the water shed. He has no collar, no dew claws and nicely trimmed feet. I don't think this one is a stray. Probably a hunting dog that got lost. He is very friendly and a really nice dog. Dirty. Please contact Mary Hamilton at 760 238-6773.

lab.jpg lab01.jpg

Paul65k

Schiada Baby.......Yeah!!
Reaction score
Looks like a good guy......hope you're able to get him back together with his family!!

Thanks for posting this up:thumbsup:thumbsup

Mary Hamilton

Reaction score
He's a very polite dog. Very sweet. He was very thirsty and hungry. He's getting to know my "pack" right now. I will not be able to keep him but will see if i can hang on until we find his peeps. I can't get him read for a chip until tomorrow. So hopefully someone will see this and claim him.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
That dog has the sweetest eyes, he's like an old soul lol

I hope you're able to find his home.

Mary Hamilton

Reaction score
Will do Ultracrazy. Will you be around tomorrow? We have no vet here in Parker so I'll have to take him to the shelter. They have a chip reader. He is definitely someone's hunting dog. His pointy canines have been cut smooth. I don't know the term for that. And the dew claws removed. Tolerates a bath real well. Just a good guy. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409599963.997668.jpg they have all settled down now from the sniff-down, hump fest...

Mary Hamilton

Reaction score
Called central dispatch too as animal control is called out from there. And CRIT fish n game.

530RL

Reaction score
Called central dispatch too as animal control is called out from there. And CRIT fish n game.

Awesome, if someone is looking for the pup, they will call all those place too. :thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

Any animal shelter will typically scan him for free.

Mary Hamilton

Reaction score
I'll take him this morning. If he's not chipped he'll be available today.

Mary Hamilton

Reaction score
"Mr. Brown" (his temporary name) has no chip. The attendant at the shelter said he appears to be between 6-8 years old. It also appears that he has been chewing rocks so his teeth are a little ground down but nothing to be alarmed about. he has a good appetite and good BM's. He is posted at the shelters and other social media. I will hold on for a few more days just because he's got to belong to someone. We do have Lab Rescue here in Parker so if I can't find his peeps or a suitable home, I will call them. I just don't want to get attached because it's really hard to let them go. (I cried like a baby when Dezert Rider and Dezert Girl came and got the last one I found.) This dog is a little older than the last one but I like older dogs. He is potty trained but he is still a "mans." I have caught him lifting his leg a couple of times. I just had to say "no" real stern and he goes out the dog door. He's very smart. He slept well last night and so did my "pack."

So, we'll see how it goes for the next couple of days.

Thanks RDP for allowing me this forum to post this cool dog. I know your peeps are good peeps and they care about animals.

Mary

Boat 405

Reaction score
Bump to keep this at the top. So sad when I see this stuff. Hopefully someone is looking for him. I can't imagine losing my dog. I wouldn't sleep until I found him.

530RL

Reaction score
If you don't find his owner, I think we should name him,

Tom Brown

And ship him up to live in happiness with his namesake. :D

Reactions: t&y

Mary Hamilton

Reaction score
If you don't find his owner, I think we should name him,

Tom Brown

And ship him up to live in happiness with his namesake. :D

Tom Brown it is!

Anyway he has really perked up since yesterday and even this morning. The more I'm around him the more I think he might have been abandoned. He's very clingy to me and not packing up with my dogs and my dogs don't like it. I suppose though, that I am giving him more attention than I should and they are jealous.

This precious baby needs to get a home. I'm sure I would have heard something by now with all the postings. I know if it were my dog I would have been everywhere I have left information.

So, if anyone is interested let me know.

Mary 760 238-6773 text or call

Mary Hamilton

Reaction score
Bump to keep this at the top. So sad when I see this stuff. Hopefully someone is looking for him. I can't imagine losing my dog. I wouldn't sleep until I found him.

I wouldn't sleep either. Especially out here in the middle of the desert.

Mary Hamilton

Reaction score
This lab is available for adoption. No fee as I am a private party. I would just like for him to get a forever home. He likes to play frisbee, rope toy fetch. Likes water and is
Just a very nice guy.

He is about 6 years old and not neutered. No dew claws.

If anyone is interested please call me 760 238-6773.

I will be placing him with Lab Rescue if I get no takers.

Boat 405

Reaction score
Where are you located Mary? I see parker, but also a 760 number.

STV_Keith

Reaction score
Looks like a great pup! I'll cross post this to FaceBook immediately to see if anyone steps up to claim him or adopt him.

How much longer are you willing to hold on to him to give someone the opportunity to step up?

Ultracrazy

Reaction score
Looks like a great pup! I'll cross post this to FaceBook immediately to see if anyone steps up to claim him or adopt him.

How much longer are you willing to hold on to him to give someone the opportunity to step up?

How do you cross post? I will do this also when I figure it out :)

Mary Hamilton

Reaction score

I'll hang on to him until he gets a forever home. I just talked to the shelter and I guess our Lab Rescue is much like a kennel. I'm not willing to do that to him. He just started to bark and wag with the other dogs but hasn't "packed up" yet. He's still very clingy to me. I really believe that he was dumped. I can't imagine why though, because I can't find anything wrong with this dog. He learned the dog door within minutes. He's learning some manners and learning to take turns (like with treats) and he's learning his new name: Tom Brown. Taught him to eat off a fork without swallowing it.

That cell is my personal cell number to text or call. I live in Big River.

I am the ED at the Parker Area Chamber of Commerce. (ED does not mean erectile dysfunction, either.):D

Thank you everyone!

Mary Hamilton

Reaction score
I am so happy to announce that Mr. Brown will be adopted by and RDPer on Sunday morning. I'm gong to withhold the name and let them make the announcement if they choose to do so. I think that everybody will be very happy and this dog is going to love his new family. They have actually been wanting to adopt a rescued Lab.

This is the second time I had a rescue dog that I couldn't take to the animal shelter and the second time that RDP came through!

Thank you all so very much!

Happy Ending!

Advantage 1

Reaction score
Nice work, Mary!! I have a special love for labs, as I have two myself. Glad to hear this :thumbsup

LB247XS

Reaction score
Way to go and that's awesome that a fellow RDP inmate took the pup 👍👍👍👍👍

charlyox

Reaction score
Great job Mary. A lot of people wouldn't have bothered. You are awsome.:thumbsup

never happy

Reaction score
So... "Tom brown" has a new forever home with us! Thank you Mary for saving him from what I can see probably would have been his last steps in the desert! He's an amazing dog, extremely smart(and slightly obsessed with a tennis ball!) and is fitting nicely with his new pack. He will be making his first trip back to the river next weekend to swim in the river properly! His new to him name is Brody, and he will soon be turning into the typical spoiled rotten chocolate lab that they all deserve to be....thank you again Mary, for your absolute concern for this dogs well being ... We need more people like you and your husband out there! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410228165.733259.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410228181.315338.jpg