WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Dave's Magic Cable Box - I'm the Guy

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
My DSL (AT&T) line is pretty slow (5.13 mbps) and would have to change to cable internet and the server for that in my area is Time Warner. :(

5.13?

I would kill for that...:grumble:

Moody

Reaction score
Your Raider games will have a UK or Canadian announcers.

skav

Reaction score
Dave, welcome
SO....RD says you're the Cal Worthington of cable![emoji1]
Im on board......can u send me a link for purchase with the package price corrected and ill be buying

Send me something too please.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Question - so are the football games, pay-per-view events and sports available real-time? Or are they next day? This would be a big deal

Boozer

Extreme Mist
Reaction score
My DSL (AT&T) line is pretty slow (5.13 mbps) and would have to change to cable internet and the server for that in my area is Time Warner. :(

Cable Internet is the way to go if you don't have UVerse or FIOS in your area. I get 50 mbps w/ Comcast cable internet.

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Question - so are the football games, pay-per-view events and sports available real-time? Or are they next day? This would be a big deal

X2 on this concern. It would be a very big deal to me.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

They are real time, and the announcers are not canooks.. Lol. For whoever said that.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Would definitely have to change to cable internet for this system but I really hate TIme Warner and that's the only thing available at our house which is why we have AT&T DSL.

Cable Internet is the way to go if you don't have UVerse or FIOS in your area. I get 50 mbps w/ Comcast cable internet.

PVHCA

Reaction score
Asking a stupid question, is this legal or something like a black box from the days of old? I have DTV and TW for internet, I'd be interested if it's the shit.

Ms.Havasu

Mr.Havasu's Main Squeeze!
Reaction score
I saw it asked but didn't see an answer regarding multiple TV's. Our home has 3 TV's would I need 3 boxes?

koenig

Reaction score
Asking a stupid question, is this legal or something like a black box from the days of old? I have DTV and TW for internet, I'd be interested if it's the shit.

Id bet its grey area, the equipment and software are legal and some of its use is legal. But no way is getting Expendables 3, used as an example, legal.

C-2

Reaction score
Id bet its grey area, the equipment and software are legal and some of its use is legal. But no way is getting Expendables 3, used as an example, legal.

Yup.

They (and many other providers of boxes) provide a link service, not the actual content. But, from a end-user perspective, you're still the guy receiving the media that you might otherwise be charged a fee for (and you know this, there is no plausible denial when you buy such a device). The fact the media is hosted in countries outside the US does not circumvent US laws - if you are the end user and receive pirated material, you are the guy who gets in trouble.

Kind of like buying drugs from the Darknet - sure, the drugs might come from Amsterdam and the dealer is beyond the reach of US laws - but you're the guy receiving them, and are very much under US jurisdiction. Look at Kim Dotcom, Pirate Bay and Silk Road - did they sell bootleg items or dope? Nope, they provided the vehicle for doing so - websites. And, what happened to them?

I imagine it's a smash and grab technology that eventually will run its course. Until then, seems like a helluva deal.

To each his own though, personally, I won't be buying one. I am a bit surprised by the number of people familiar with intellectual property, who seem interested.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

What you are doing is legal.. What the servers are doing overseas is illegal by USA laws. They can't prosecute them because they are overseas.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
What you are doing is legal.. What the servers are doing overseas is illegal by USA laws. They can't prosecute them because they are overseas.

Didn't they have problems with offshore betting and it got shut down somehow. ?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Yup.

They (and many other providers of boxes) provide a link service, not the actual content. But, from a end-user perspective, you're still the guy receiving the media that you might otherwise be charged a fee for (and you know this, there is no plausible denial when you buy such a device). The fact the media is hosted in countries outside the US does not circumvent US laws - if you are the end user and receive pirated material, you are the guy who gets in trouble.

Kind of like buying drugs from the Darknet - sure, the drugs might come from Amsterdam and the dealer is beyond the reach of US laws - but you're the guy receiving them, and are very much under US jurisdiction. Look at Kim Dotcom, Pirate Bay and Silk Road - did they sell bootleg items or dope? Nope, they provided the vehicle for doing so - websites. And, what happened to them?

I imagine it's a smash and grab technology that eventually will run its course. Until then, seems like a helluva deal.

To each his own though, personally, I won't be buying one. I am a bit surprised by the number of people familiar with intellectual property, who seem interested.

I will let ya know when the cops show up.. Lol

Boozer

Extreme Mist
Reaction score
I saw it asked but didn't see an answer regarding multiple TV's. Our home has 3 TV's would I need 3 boxes?

You can use an HDMI splitter and split the feed to multiple televisions but the feed will be a single source and all the TV's will be watching the same content.

If you want each TV to be able to view it's own content each TV will need to have a dedicated box.

PVHCA

Reaction score

No worries, kinda what I thought but as C-2 said, I'll be responsible for my actions. I'll pass but good luck to your buddy.

Ms.Havasu

Mr.Havasu's Main Squeeze!
Reaction score
so who are they paying the 1000 a month to for programming. Sounds like some of it is purchased and some of it is "Not leagally obtained".

I will have to check with Direct TV, I think I'm under contract with them for a year or two.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Didn't they have problems with offshore betting and it got shut down somehow. ?

They just made it illegal for citizens of the USA, so the big websites stopped catering to USA ISP's.. You can still bet online if you want, you just have to go through an offshore server first.

Where do order!?

www.myfreecabletv.com is Dave's website to buy them. Like I said I have four of them here that I held onto for Dave, but it looks like I only have 1 left.

so who are they paying the 1000 a month to for programming. Sounds like some of it is purchased and some of it is "Not leagally obtained".

I will have to check with Direct TV, I think I'm under contract with them for a year or two.

It is like an Android phone or an I phone.. The box is full of "App's" One of the App's that the company puts on the box is USTV. They pay the 1000 a month to the cable provider to be able to stream local TV on that App. So when you get the box it already has a bunch of App's preprogrammed on it. That's one of the reasons Dave's box is a little more then some of the other boxes, because it has that App, and a few other apps that come with it kind of deal.

If you want to check it out, you are more then welcome to come by and mess around with it.

RD

C-2

Reaction score
I will let ya know when the cops show up.. Lol

Nah, just tell all your photog friends and others who rely on IP rights to stop watermarking and copyrighting everything.

Whatever, just some food for thought for people who like to "stick it to the man", only to realize, some of our friends and family are "the man" and make a living off their intellectual ideas and property.

Admittedly, it sounds like a great service, but I don't think there's anything legal about receiving pirated broadcasts and challenge you, or anybody else to prove me wrong. If you do, I'll readily admit I'm wrong and even apologize. <--- Yeah, good luck with that.

H20-ski

Long Member
Reaction score
Question like most people.

So I am using ATT Uverse. The modem and all TV's in my house are on cat 5 cable.

So my ATT modem can't even support the Wifi on my smart TV. Way too slow so I'm sure it won't work with this box.
My contract with ATT is up and I can cancel anytime.

So what internet service provider would I need? or what would I have to get to get the box to work correctly?

Angler

Tritoon Racing
Reaction score
Dave, is there a never or better box then the "Stream Smart S3 Pro HD"? I ordered this online Sunday night?

Boozer

Extreme Mist
Reaction score

So I am using ATT Uverse. The modem and all TV's in my house are on cat 5 cable.

So my ATT modem can't even support the Wifi on my smart TV. Way too slow so I'm sure it won't work with this box.

So what internet service provider would I need? or what would I have to get to get the box to work correctly?

Before changing providers it might be worth a call to AT&T to see if they can up your bandwidth on your UVerse. There have been countless improvements made to UVerse over the last year and speeds have more than quadrupled in a lot of markets but it takes a phone call and a change order to get the bumped up bandwidth. If you are unable to obtain 20 mbps+ over UVerse I would suggest reaching out to the local cable company.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

You would need 13mbps or faster

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
This is really tempting to try. I just played the every 6 month song and dance with DirectTV to get my bill down to under $120/month. Only problem is, I agreed to a 2 year contract in order to have my box upgraded to the Genie so if I cancel, I think the fee is $240.00. Doing the math, it looks like if I pay the cancellation fee and buy the box, I am out of pocket $610.00 which I can make up in 6 months. I don't know what my hesitation is, I guess it seems too good to be true....:headscratch:

sixdays

La Flama Blanca
Reaction score
I'm ready to try it but the site won't let me buy the bundle...is there another way to get it?

Taboma

Reaction score
Dave you state there's no reason for a DVR, can you pause what you're watching, or is there a way to pick up where you left off ??

CobraDave

Reaction score
My Uverse gets 15mps. Just tested it. Im pretty sure it is one up from the basic plan

H20-ski

Long Member
Reaction score
My Uverse gets 15mps. Just tested it. Im pretty sure it is one up from the basic plan

When I called AT&T Uverse and bitched about my internet speed dragging they sent a tech to my house to check it out.

After he checked the line he said that AT&T could not support the internet speed I was paying for. Their lines in my area are too old, we have overhead power lines and the tech said my house was too far from the main box to support the speed I had purchased.

I was like WTF?? really?

I'm thinking of going back to one of the satellite guys. I'll sign up for internet only if they can get me the speed I need.

Joker

Reaction score
When or where are these being bought from? I don't see anything in the storefront?

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
A page back there is a link I'm going to check them out now

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Can't figure out how to order off site any help?

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
I just did the unthinkable in these modern times.....I called Dave at his phone number and left a message. I also want to order. Lets see how this telephone stuff works

koenig

Reaction score
Is 13mbps 1.3 ? I just tested my internet speed here. http://www.speedtest.net/

and it says 1.36 mbps. Is that what I need speed wise?

Thanks Dave.

Wow you are as slow as me. Think its way too slow for streaming video.

3732392978.png

H20-ski

Long Member
Reaction score
Ok, thanks guys.

So I'm paying for crap! :grumble:

I started a new thread, no need to respond twice.

Thanks again.