WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Question...Memorial Cross - Havasu

musicFunsun

I Love BoBo!!!
Reaction score
As a few of you may know, my niece died in a boating accident back in 2004. This year marks 10 years so her husband placed a cross, near the site which was AZ side near Sand Isle. It looks beautiful however, I wonder if it will stay. Don't exactly recall that particular spot, I haven't been there since 2005. Read a few threads here about this and hope someone may be familiar with the requirements, permits, etc. Now that my sister (her mother) saw the pic and knows it's there, it would break her heart if was taken down. Like said, we didn't have anything to do with this. No bad blood or feelings, we just didn't know until a few days before.

thanks in advance!

Jen cross.jpg

koenig

Reaction score
Sorry for your loss.

Depends on if its on state or private property. The state will likely take it down if they see it. Don't think any states have permits, etc. for putting up memorials on state land. The atheist orgs have basically made it near impossible for a state to allow a cross. I know in Washington they can't stop you from putting a cross on private property, permit or not. Its considered freedom of speech on private property and protected. I know because we let a church group put up a cross on our property, top of a big hill, could be seen by the entire town. An atheist tried suing but the court dismissed the case because it was free speech on private property. If on private property and land owners permission it could stay forever.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
From my experience it will be taken down at some point.. :(.