WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

interested in purchasing

dp85tona

Two strokes is enough
Reaction score
I have read through this a few times and it seems to be pretty damn cool, can you fill me in whether there is a monthly charge? up front cost? would it work in Yuma, Az. what are the requirements as far as TV and internet speed? As for now I am tired of Direct Tv and have already dropped my package to the most basic package and haven't turned it on in months (we just use Netflix). I am all for dropping Direct Tv but I still like the PPV fights (the only reason I keep it for now)

IinsureU

aka 'Insman'
Reaction score
I have read through this a few times and it seems to be pretty damn cool, can you fill me in whether there is a monthly charge? up front cost? would it work in Yuma, Az. what are the requirements as far as TV and internet speed? As for now I am tired of Direct Tv and have already dropped my package to the most basic package and haven't turned it on in months (we just use Netflix). I am all for dropping Direct Tv but I still like the PPV fights (the only reason I keep it for now)

You can purchase here- http://myfreecabletv.com
One time charge, no monthly, have not tried PPV yet, but everything I have read seems to lead me to think that PPV is readily available. I am very happy with mine, although I would like to see more live 1080p HD content availability in the future, as I am a 1080p junkie.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
PPV is free under dragon streams.. Goto upcoming events and then goto the stream it directs you too.

BigdattyD

Reaction score

Ok what I know about Yuma is the two major ISP's are Century Link and Comcast. if you have Century Link, it's most likely not going to work for you because they suck big time. If your able to switch to Comcast or have Comcast woohoo you're good to go as long as you pay for 20+ mbps download speed. (Upgrade if you have to it will be worth it in the long run)

Also try not to use their equipment, get your own separate Modem and separate Router as this will insure fast wireless speeds. Here are my recommendations for network equipment. For your Modem go with the Motorola SB 6141 or 6181 - for your Router go with the Linksys N750 ea 3500 or N900 ea 4500 both are simultaneous duel band routers that will give you the performance needed to stream HD content. Linksys N900 ea 4500 Bestbuy $129.00

To all my newest customers who are experiencing slow wireless speeds but super fast wired speeds it's because you probably have a very old WRT 54g Router or if your using a Gateway (Modem/Router combo) from your ISP that could also be the problem because the router in those gateways suck big time. To optimize your speeds you need a Ferrari Engine or an SC1450 this means updating your equipment like you update your engines. Don't use rented equipment from your ISP get your own! Go with the recommendations I have listed above this will undoubtedly fix all your wireless speed issues.

dp85tona

Two strokes is enough
Reaction score
Ok what I know about Yuma is the two major ISP's are Century Link and Comcast. if you have Century Link, it's most likely not going to work for you because they suck big time. If your able to switch to Comcast or have Comcast woohoo you're good to go as long as you pay for 20+ mbps download speed. (Upgrade if you have to it will be worth it in the long run)

Also try not to use their equipment, get your own separate Modem and separate Router as this will insure fast wireless speeds. Here are my recommendations for network equipment. For your Modem go with the Motorola SB 6141 or 6181 - for your Router go with the Linksys N750 ea 3500 or N900 ea 4500 both are simultaneous duel band routers that will give you the performance needed to stream HD content. Linksys N900 ea 4500 Bestbuy $129.00

To all my newest customers who are experiencing slow wireless speeds but super fast wired speeds it's because you probably have a very old WRT 54g Router or if your using a Gateway (Modem/Router combo) from your ISP that could also be the problem because the router in those gateways suck big time. To optimize your speeds you need a Ferrari Engine or an SC1450 this means updating your equipment like you update your engines. Don't use rented equipment from your ISP get your own! Go with the recommendations I have listed above this will undoubtedly fix all your
wireless speed issues.

Thanks for the information, I have a bit longer before I can drop the Direct TV but I'll start looking into my routers and bandwidth.

Danger Dave

Sarcastically Optimistic 😁
Reaction score
So I can just buy a modem and scrap the one from my Cable provider? I have Verizon FIOS and am at about 26mbps up and 10.5 down. If I switch to your recommendations I should be fine?