WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

What Mind Games Do You Play

Luvnlife

Head Ram Rod
Reaction score
You know, on a long grueling climb, or just trying to keep your mind off the fact your legs are killing you or you are running outta steam. What do you do? Count peddle strokes? I do that sometimes. Stare down and crush it out? I do that sometimes. What gets you through it?

RandyH

Huge Member
Reaction score
Lately I just dream about my new S works Roubaix due to arrive very soon. :D

Wicky

Mr. Potatohead
Reaction score
Shit, I just got girled!!! Shit, she was fast! Shit, it was Kristen Armstrong, no wonder I got girled!!

Skinny Tire AH

This ain't all folks! Skater368
Reaction score
You know, on a long grueling climb, or just trying to keep your mind off the fact your legs are killing you or you are running outta steam. What do you do? Count peddle strokes? I do that sometimes. Stare down and crush it out? I do that sometimes. What gets you through it?

That's a great question. On really long ones, 20-25 milers, I just sit in to a pace I can hold the entire push. Watch heart rate VERY close, keeping it under lactic threshold. DO NOT LOOK AT THE TOP. Don't try to talk, don't hold grips tight, spread arms to at least shoulder wide, it opens your chest and allows for full rib, lung expansion. Lots of little things add up to distance ahead of competitors.

Steve

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
Lately I just dream about my new S works Roubaix due to arrive very soon. :D

Awesome bike! I have a 2013 Roubaix S-Works Sram SL-4. Does the 14 have disc brakes? What groupo did you go with?

RandyH

Huge Member
Reaction score
Awesome bike! I have a 2013 Roubaix S-Works Sram SL-4. Does the 14 have disc brakes? What groupo did you go with?

I ordered the 2015 SW with Dura-Ace. But no disk brakes. I wanted the DI2 but had to take the disks. And i just spent the summer on a Sirrus Pro with Disks and although i loved the bike and it got me back into biking, the disk brakes are a constant pain in the ass. The Hydraulic lines would heat up and cause the pads to rub, and its just really hard to concentrate on your training when your distracted by some noise. Sometime the brakes are perfectly quite but then if you apply power and wieght it would rub. Maybe wheel shaft flex my local bike store thought.

I will post up some photos when it arrives. I am excited to get down out of the wind for sure.

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
I ordered the 2015 SW with Dura-Ace. But no disk brakes. I wanted the DI2 but had to take the disks. And i just spent the summer on a Sirrus Pro with Disks and although i loved the bike and it got me back into biking, the disk brakes are a constant pain in the ass. The Hydraulic lines would heat up and cause the pads to rub, and its just really hard to concentrate on your training when your distracted by some noise. Sometime the brakes are perfectly quite but then if you apply power and wieght it would rub. Maybe wheel shaft flex my local bike store thought.

I will post up some photos when it arrives. I am excited to get down out of the wind for sure.

That's really cool! super excited for you. I love my Roubaix. I hear what your saying about brakes. Mine are rim brakes on Roval carbon wheels, the are really noisy and don't stop super good. I hit 46-48 MPH on Bartlett lake road and they don't get you down too fast at those speeds. Mine is 14.61 pounds :)

roubaix.JPG

RandyH

Huge Member
Reaction score
That's really cool! super excited for you. I love my Roubaix. I hear what your saying about brakes. Mine are rim brakes on Roval carbon wheels, the are really noisy and don't stop super good. I hit 46-48 MPH on Bartlett lake road and they don't get you down too fast at those speeds. Mine is 14.61 pounds :)

View attachment 366983

thanks for the INfo. If I had your terrain out west I would have risked another run at disks. My Specialized store says the more you pay the better they get. So they very well could have been better. I run flat land mostly and figured the rim brakes would be good enough. 48 MPH is flying. I have never been anywhere near that. 35 maybe on the Sirrus. I can't wait for the Roubaix. I rode a demo Roubaix SL4 Expert for a few days and just thrashed it and fell in love. The ride is off the charts.

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
thanks for the INfo. If I had your terrain out west I would have risked another run at disks. My Specialized store says the more you pay the better they get. So they very well could have been better. I run flat land mostly and figured the rim brakes would be good enough. 48 MPH is flying. I have never been anywhere near that. 35 maybe on the Sirrus. I can't wait for the Roubaix. I rode a demo Roubaix SL4 Expert for a few days and just thrashed it and fell in love. The ride is off the charts.

48 is crazy fast. I had a Yeti T-shirt once that said "The thrill of the speed, overcomes the fear of death." A crash at those speeds does huge damage.

Luvnlife

Head Ram Rod
Reaction score

View attachment 366983

Crap mine ways more than twice that :bigeyes