WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Is Clear Lake no wake?

elcajones

Reaction score
Sunday we had a few boats tied up enjoying the end of our weekend in Clear Lake when some other boaters come full speed goofing off and doing steep turns etc. creating a large wake in the lake.
I thought I'd remembered the area being a no wake zone, so I yelled at the guy to "slow down it's a no wake area". He yelled back that he'd talked to the Sheriff, and he could do whatever he wants there including wakeboard.
I didn't see the buoy's at the entrance I remembered a couple years ago so I wasn't sure.
If it's one of you guys, I wasn't trying to start shit, I was with my family, but I still think it's inconsiderate to haul ass around a bunch of boats tied together. Am I wrong?

scouter

Old Guy......
Reaction score
Inconsiderate? Yes

Illegal? I don't think so. I haven't been back into clear lake for a number of years (my daughter used to like to go in to jump off the cliff), but almost every time we were in there, there were people buzzing around on wave runners, pulling wake boards, etc. I've even seen this happening with LEO boats in the area as well.

We usually would just anchor in the cove near the cliff and the wake didn't bother us too much......

KAP

Reaction score
The entry channel is a No Wake zone. I see a lot of people getting popped for not signaling, or being on plane when entering a blind corner such as the one on approach to Clear Lake. You need to sound your horn or signaling device on that blind corner.

Clear Lake is not a No Wake zone.