WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

good propshaft height to start whit on twin engine bravo cat

bor

Reaction score
I m looking for some input on a good propshaft height on a 30 ft twin engine cat whit bravo its drives

I m gonna work whit external water pick ups and have standard lenght sportmaster lowers as well a set of -2"
my idea was to start high and space down we had a 26 twin outboard cat that was a dog when it was 2" above the bottom then we got it up to 4" above and it was a real good improvement in performance .
so thinking to start at that but a bravo is not the same as outboard so might be comparing apple s to orange
I was wondering if there are some bravo boat owners here that will share there highed .

all input and thought s higly appreciated !

Thx

doubleeagle

Reaction score
Strongly suggest you contact the builder and talk X-Demintions and shaft heights with him. I am sure they have spent a lot of time with Drive suppliers getting it right. Every boat and every model is different. They will also very with hp setup weight etc.

BDMar

B & D Marine
Reaction score
What hull, power, weight, etc.?

bor

Reaction score
Double eagle ,

It s the first i/o so no r&d yet thats what I probaly are going to do

thx

What hull, power, weight, etc.?

its a 30 predator hull (Dough wright design ,the old Amt hull ) whit 2 ls engines on drive line s whit 500 hp each side ,estimaded weight 5000-5500 lbs

thx

Bor

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
Double eagle ,

It s the first i/o so no r&d yet thats what I probaly are going to do

thx

its a 30 predator hull (Dough wright design ,the old Amt hull ) whit 2 ls engines on drive line s whit 500 hp each side ,estimaded weight 5000-5500 lbs

thx

Bor

In English please.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
put the bullet level with the tip of the sponson..

Reactions: bor

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
I m looking for some input on a good propshaft height on a 30 ft twin engine cat whit bravo its drives

I m gonna work whit external water pick ups and have standard lenght sportmaster lowers as well a set of -2"
my idea was to start high and space down we had a 26 twin outboard cat that was a dog when it was 2" above the bottom then we got it up to 4" above and it was a real good improvement in performance .
so thinking to start at that but a bravo is not the same as outboard so might be comparing apple s to orange
I was wondering if there are some bravo boat owners here that will share there highed .

all input and thought s higly appreciated !

Thx

out board rock back more with the twins hanging that far back...when I set mine up I went with 2'' shorter drive to get top end,,, suffered everywhere else though

Reactions: bor

bor

Reaction score
out board rock back more with the twins hanging that far back...when I set mine up I went with 2'' shorter drive to get top end,,, suffered everywhere else though

Is the bullet level whit the sponson using the -2 lowers or did you start at level and put on the -2 after that ?

thx

bor