WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

I don't even know why I want it..

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
The purses are designed to conceal carry guns. They have their own compartment for the gun etc..

I've seen them.

I'm just saying there are much better alternatives than purses.

A purse can be stolen or lost. It also takes a lot more practice to make reaching for a gun in a purse (designed for concealed carry or not) natural. Anything holstered and you can feel where it's approximate location is to reach for it.

Assume the worst. Assume you've been wounded in your dominant arm. Using one arm to acquire the weapon from a purse just became the hardest thing you've ever done.

I'm not against the purse idea if someone takes the time to practice using a worst case scenario like a head wound, eye sight compromised, dominant arm useless, etc...

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
Check out RD trying to have a serious conversation about guns. :p Thats like asking people what brand of truck they like.:D

Man you guys got a lot to say... Do you think she should be walking around with a bazooka? It is a purse gun.. Not to take down bears..

Now about that nickel plated stainless shotgun.. Still want it. Lol. Because if you want to blow a soccer ball sized hole in someone.. Ya might as well do it with style. :D

I do like the shotgun all blinged out. Kind of like a three axle trailer. Do you need one? NO. But it sure looks nice. :thumbup:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
There is a lot of truth to this statement. I haven't been shot.. thankfully.. but have been very near gunfire when and where it's not expected, and I've talked to more than a couple of my partners who have been shot. ALL of the small caliber victims said the same thing... It sounded like firecrackers, didn't know they were hit until the adrenaline subsided and they felt the pain or saw the blood.

You consider a .380 to be in the small caliber category? Or are you referring to .22's?

On the shot gun front, it is on consignment.. They are asking 490.00 for it. I offered 420+tax.. It looks to be in new condition.

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
That is a purdy shotgun. I stole this years back for $200. It was on consignment at a gun store and looked brand new as well.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412189625.130346.jpg

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
You consider a .380 to be in the small caliber category? Or are you referring to .22's?

On the shot gun front, it is on consignment.. They are asking 490.00 for it. I offered 420+tax.. It looks to be in new condition.

Lol.. Yes. The .380 is in the small caliber category. My last partner that got shot was hit with a 9mm. Multiple rounds fired at him and he said it sounded like someone tossed a strand of firecrackers on the ground next to him. Suspect didn't fair so well when he returned fire.:thumbup:

On another note, I'm not knocking the .380. Good little protector. I'll put it this way.... I've had the "noise" conversation over calibers and type of gun with people. I don't give a shit if it sounds scary, it's all about shot placement. Ask yourself what hurts worse.. the noise it makes, or the bullet penetrating, expanding, and tearing apart your internals.. lol. You get the point.:D

STV_Keith

Reaction score
My only advice is if its for the wife shoot it before you buy it. The Bodyguard has the most god awful trigger pull of anything I have ever shot. I wouldn't have bought it if I shot it first. And def not for my wife.

Most of the pocket guns are this way. Bodyguard .380 has DAO (double action only) heavy trigger. This makes it difficult for something else in your pocket to pull the trigger for you, in case you aren't using the thumb safety.

This is a great pocket gun. Just make sure you get a holster that stays in the pocket when you draw it and doesn't come with the pistol. I use a size 1 Uncle Mikes for mine. Fits perfect in a cargo shorts/pants pocket. ;)

That is a legit concern.. I bought her a purse that goes with it that has a pouch on the side just for the gun. Technically you could even fire the gun straight out the side of the purse if you had too. Either way Stacy didn't like the looks of the purse so I took it back and traded it for a bunch more ammo etc..

She is looking online for other options.. I am curious how better to child proof the program. Other then of course not racking the gun and a few other steps to make it very difficult for a child to actually chamber a round.

Most of the concealed carry purses are hideous. My girl actually liked this ONE from this manufacturer: http://www.everydaytacticalgear.com/store/product-info.php?pid187.html#thumb

P104C.jpg

There is a lot of truth to this statement. I haven't been shot.. thankfully.. but have been very near gunfire when and where it's not expected, and I've talked to more than a couple of my partners who have been shot. ALL of the small caliber victims said the same thing... It sounded like firecrackers, didn't know they were hit until the adrenaline subsided and they felt the pain or saw the blood.

It's all about shot placement. A few rounds to the guts won't do what one round to the face will.

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
Not that I'm a fan of guns in pockets but you could always carry with something hammerless. Like a Ruger SP101 or equivalent. Maybe something a little lighter than the Ruger?

I've got a handgun for just about any type of clothing. But you're on your own if wearing a speedo is your thing :D

Ruger LCP, the SP100 has a hammer.....The LCP is also lightweight. Good little carry revolver for sure.