WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

What I want for my birthday - From the Members. :)

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
What I want for my birthday is for everyone to share their best (or some of the best if you can't narrow it down) river trips with of all time in this thread.

Post a pic or the pics... Or if you don't have em, share the story.. Why was it your best trip?

I'm gonna drop some stories in this thread you guys aren't gonna believe tomorrow night.. Lol.

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
I'm gonna make this weekends trip my best trip. Even if it is by myself. Lol. I'll dig through some pics tomorrow of some memorable ones.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I'm gonna make this weekends trip my best trip. Even if it is by myself. Lol. I'll dig through some pics tomorrow of some memorable ones.

Dig deep! And I agree.. I am gonna try like hell to make this my best weekend ever, but I can't top some of them.

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
Just to start. This years poker run was a great time for me. First time running in it. I had a great weekend especially coming off my treatment.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412156165.458553.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412156194.244665.jpg

HavasuHank

"B" team gardener
Reaction score
The very first Weekin De Drinkin ... Epic time was had ... Olympic level drinking happening the whole time. First time meeting Dave and throwing back beers. Met a ton of members that weekend ... so much fun. :drink

Partying in Vegas with the RD's and getting kicked out of a bar before even stepping foot inside. :p ... videotaping a guy damn near passed out in the bathroom stall and trying to get him to say RDSUX.

The first couple of Desert Bash Poker Runs with the dirt toys was pretty damn fun also. I think we were taking beer breaks every 1/2 mile or so. :D

Good times have been had in the past +/- 7 years thanks to this board. Thanks Dave. :thumbup:

Wmc

The Mayor
Reaction score
Here's some good times. uploadfromtaptalk1412169546476.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1412169556380.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1412169566426.jpg

charlyox

Reaction score
I went to the last Desert Storm and I was one of the safety boats with a front row seat. Went to four parties but RD's after party was the best.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_5501.jpg
    IMG_5501.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_5475.jpg
    IMG_5475.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_5483.jpg
    IMG_5483.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 8

Hammer

Reaction score
Ha!! Where do I start ? Miami. Texas? . The time we walked home from the bar and the cop wouldn't give us a ride after I got thrown out of the bar ?

howard rogers

Reaction score
Not a river pic but....took this pic almost 13 yrs ago, remember the penis hat?

sirbob

Reaction score
Lots of good times but this was a great family week in Havasu a couple of summers ago.

It is a repost - but its also one of our best trips!

[video=youtube;GKEhT3TDB0M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKEhT3TDB0M[/video]

Nord

HONKY
Reaction score
Happy Birthday Bud...............

Attachments

• image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    30.8 KB · Views: 13
  • image2.JPG
    image2.JPG
    19.7 KB · Views: 8
  • image3.JPG
    image3.JPG
    19.5 KB · Views: 14

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
It just occurred to me that I worded the first sentence weird in this thread... Not best trips with me, as in I was there for them.. Share your best trips you have ever had in the thread.. Sharing the stories and pics with me is what I wanted for my bday.. Damn summer brews last night..

Nord

HONKY
Reaction score
Kinda hard due to the fact that you were present and made most of my best trips lol.........

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

300x300.jpg

full.jpg

544825_2662461700478_1093363532_n.jpg

1919391_1223214773100_406100_n.jpg

10398393_1057108998352_4671280_n.jpg

1936082_148531699775_1907935_n.jpg

181106_3009557412680_101528916_n.jpg

923093_10200366340613709_1141333723_n.jpg

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Damn Nord, you made me all warm and fuzzy inside.. :)

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
It would be the first time getting my boys up on skis....we're at lake mojave.....ages were 8,7,5. I just purchased the kids starter skis...rope holding the skis together.....With the actual ski rope held by observer who is ready to let go immediately. Well I ask the boys...8 yo. Nope...7 yo. Nope....my youngest says yep...let's do it
....now he was not the most athletic of them...but he was ready......my original inclination was he was gonna drop before he got going....so we're all prepared. ..gave the regular speech....let boat pull you up..sit comfortable etc....we're in a good size cove...no other boats or chop....got a big crowd with us....."you ready son....hit it dad" so I idle off...he's on top of the water before I could get the boat to 5 mph..... it was awesome.!!!!!! We cruised the Cove a couple of passes..... well the over two boys got up next and then the two older wanted the rope removed from the skis about 2 hours later.....Great Times!!!!!

koenig

Reaction score
Hard to say what was the best trip and I'll have to dig for pictures. June of 1986 at Lake Okanagan was a pretty good trip. Even though we had a 22ft Boston Whaler it was a pain in the ass to tow from Vancouver to Kelowna. So we rented a boat when we got there. This trip for some reason all the rental boats taken. I joked to my Dad, we should just buy one. To my surprise he did just that. Ended up giving it to me as a few months early birthday present. 17ft Sea Ray, not bad for a 13year old. Second contender was Lake Shasta in 08, both my parents and I brought one dog. It was a good trip and in adulthood, you don't get many trips with the parents.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Finally got to my computer to fix the first post and title..

Now we are off to go boating / shooting / shopping / Havasu / Back / fixing things / Dinner / Lunch / and birthday fun.. Have a great day everyone. :)

RD

RaceTec

Reaction score
There are so many... The one that pops into my head right now was the weekend that we met up with you guys and decided to BBQ at you place after we all won money at Blue Water. We partied then everyone met us at Foxes the next day and I asked Becky to Marry me... The bar was packed and everyone knew what I was doing but Becky, she didn't even notice that one side of the bar cleared out... In her normal pain in the ass way she even made that not go as planned and yelled at me when I called her over from across the bar because she was sitting there talking to Stacy. It started with a party, asked my wife to marry me, and ended with a party... Thanks to everyone that was there and all the great times! What a GREAT weekend!

So many others though the list could go on forever!:boobeyes:

Attachments

• u8ynuba2.jpg
    u8ynuba2.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_3842.jpg
    IMG_3842.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_3843.jpg
    IMG_3843.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_3875.jpg
    IMG_3875.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 14

nowski

Reaction score
You may want to re-visit some of those Hot Sauce Tuesday boating stories...

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
You may want to re-visit some of those Hot Sauce Tuesday boating stories...

Some of what I am talking about is the kind of shit you wouldn't put in a sponsor contest.. Lol.

nowski

Reaction score
Some of what I am talking about is the kind of shit you wouldn't put in a sponsor contest.. Lol.
Are you working out some sort of plea deal with your local D.A. ???

Hammer

Reaction score
There are so many... The one that pops into my head right now was the weekend that we met up with you guys and decided to BBQ at you place after we all won money at Blue Water. We partied then everyone met us at Foxes the next day and I asked Becky to Marry me... The bar was packed and everyone knew what I was doing but Becky, she didn't even notice that one side of the bar cleared out... In her normal pain in the ass way she even made that not go as planned and yelled at me when I called her over from across the bar because she was sitting there talking to Stacy. It started with a party, asked my wife to marry me, and ended with a party... Thanks to everyone that was there and all the great times! What a GREAT weekend!

So many others though the list could go on forever!:boobeyes:

That was pretty awesome. Probably the most memorable, only because I was sober enough to remember it :D

Boat Bling

Reaction score

No nips, clams or pubes and it checks out by the Sauce Brigade :boobeyes: Google keywords can be a pain that way :p

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
I don't even know where to start. Lol. I have calm down a little since the days when I earned the name billdo.

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
The last (epic) bachelor trip.
It was a long time ago, in a far away place, so the chronology of the weekend may get turned around a bit.
We were headed out for what (for me) would be one of the last big guy trips. the group was comprised of a bunch of guys with names like ?Wayloose, Trick, Magic Bill, Bruno, Linda? and others. Linda was a girl and got her name because she jumped on this parade in Yorba Linda , with a couple of the guys bar hop-pin on the way to Parker.
Friday afternoon at Buckskin most of the group had arrived and we decided to head to the Winners Circle, or was it called the Finish Line at the time? I don?t remember. We had a party of about 14 so it took a while to get a table ready. While we were waiting Magic Bill starts buggin some of the ladies in the bar and doing magic, sleight of hand stuff. He would tell a girl to pick a card and hold it between both hands, then tell her to look at it and it had turned into a giant foam penis, he had a whole routine he would pull. Some of the guys were starting to get a little pissed with him but soon the whole place was roaring!
We were seated and ordered and kept our waitress running. Chasing drinks and beers and in general giving her a hard time. You know how you can get a feel for people some times? I got the impression she was a mother puttin up with drunks trying to make ends meet because she was serious about her job and handled everything we threw at her . When the check came it was passed and Wayloose didn?t even look at it and walked it over to her and we headed for the parking lot. Then our waitress comes running out, waving?Hey this is wrong, this is wrong!? Turns out we had left her over $150 dollars tip. Told her thanks. You have remember at the time she probably couldn?t make that on a good night.
Magic Bill was killed by a drunk driver on the way to Mammoth
we headed back to camp and just hhung out for a while then crashed out.
Got up the next morning and did some skiing and lying and just general hangin round.

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
river1 002.jpg
Saturday morning
river1 001.jpg
A couple of these guys went on to open companies that if you have built a perf motor you probably have their stuff in it.
river1 003.jpg
My Sanger flat and a couple of the other boats there that week end.
river1 004.jpg
I'm tired of typing maybe I'll pick it up again in the morning.

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
river1 005.jpg
We headed for Sundance Sat evening for some trouble making and one of the guys started dancing with this woman. We were getting a little loud and out of hand and decided to leave and headed for the boats. Then chuck starts yelling shit to this woman and she starts back at him F you you a hole etc. So he looses it and jumps up. runs acroos the deck of the cruiser and makes a leap at the docks. If you remember Sundance they had docks and a bridge anchored to poles sunk in the river. Well chuck didn't quite make it and had to grab on to one of these poles to keep from goin In
the water. Its dark and he hasa his legs and arms wrapped around the pole to keep from fallin in and this bitch is yelling at him and he's yelling back. We pulled the boat back up and got him off the pole and in the boat while we were laughing oour ass's off.
Back at camp a while. its about 11pm by now, and the sheriff pulls in and a girl jumps out and ssays that's them!!!! Seems Linda had a friend there and had ditched her to go with one of the guys. The friend told the cops we had kidnapped her! The sheriff asked if we knew where she was. We said down by the water but you might want to let them know you're coming if you go down there. Cops go down and talk to her, girl friend is PISSED, and the who;e thing kind of seeks out its own level and we wind up crashin out, getting ready Sunday and more troubles.

Reactions: Wmc

Lumpy

Reaction score
Happy Birthday Dave! If my son and I ever get a chance we would like to give you our version of a Hallett face lift... ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412225406.334056.jpg

HB2LHC

Reaction score
About 10 years ago me and 5 of my buddies went to Havasu for memorial weekend to stay and hangout with my pops. We raged all day and when we got back to the house my dad asked me and my buddy to help him put up a cabinet above the washer and dryer. While my buddy and I were holding up the cabinet my dad was drilling it into the wall. Next thing we know my buddy Brendan who was passed out on the coach decides to open the dryer right next to me and start pissing in it. My buddy and I couldn't to anything because the cabinet was heavy. My dad starts yelling at him and he finally stops and walks away and goes back to the couch like nothing happened. Me and my friends were in tears laughing. My dad was the only one who didn't think it was funny. He grabbed my friend and made him clean it up. For the next few years we called my friend MAYTAG. That whole trip was a great time with the boys and my pops.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
CoolChange, that is GREAT!!! I love the old school pics as well!!

RD

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
Just to finish the story and satisfy my ocd, we all went back to Sundance on Sundday and talked Linda into entering the t-shirt contest and she won. Made , what, $100?
Good times.
river1 001.jpg