Eddie Marine - Top

Saleen Fiberglass - Top

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 200
  1. #21
    Senior Member Singleton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    6,968
    Thanks
    503
    Thanked 3,753 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious 13 View Post
    I actually have the money in my savings to buy one cash but i don't think id do it. Is there any benefit to buying something cash? My mom and dad have plenty of money and he just financed his new truck? What are the pros other than the interest I guess
    If you are making more with the money in an investment account then you finance. If you are not, then saving the $$ and paying cash later is smarter.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Singleton For This Useful Post:

    BHC Vic (10-05-2014)

  3. #22
    Senior Member JRS1939's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    3,043
    Thanks
    6,730
    Thanked 1,465 Times
    It all boils down to interest rate on borrowed money fellas

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to JRS1939 For This Useful Post:

    BHC Vic (10-05-2014)

  5. #23
    Schiada Baby.......Yeah!! Paul65k's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Lake Havasu City
    Posts
    12,655
    Thanks
    2,759
    Thanked 5,857 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by Singleton View Post
    If you are making more with the money in an investment account then you finance. If you are not, then saving the $$ and paying cash later is smarter.
    Quote Originally Posted by JRS1939 View Post
    It all boils down to interest rate on borrowed money fellas
    I'm probably not as financially sophisticated as you guys but I live by the simple rule of good debt vs. bad debt and it's very, very simple (like me).

    Good debt is the debt that will allow you to control APPRECIATING assets, and bad debt is that debt which you have on DEPRECIATING assets.........it's just that simple for me, sorry but I don't have a PhD in economics just old fashioned ideas ....................sorry to derail your post here Sam, it was not my intention
    Last edited by Paul65k; 10-05-2014 at 01:43 PM.
    For All Your Havasu and Parker Real Estate Needs.....

    Team Own Havasu
    Paul Bruce 928-846-9611
    Realty Executives Lake Havasu City

    www.ownhavasu.com




    Livin' the Dream

    paul@ownhavasu.com

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Paul65k For This Useful Post:

    SJP (10-05-2014)

  7. #24
    Senior Member LowRiver2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Yorba Linda and Earp
    Posts
    3,157
    Thanks
    78
    Thanked 409 Times
    Must be something in the water/ wife bought this last week:
    I didn't know what method rims were last year, now I have 3 sets of 'em/lol



    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  81.2 KB
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  68.6 KB

  8. #25
    Schiada Baby.......Yeah!! Paul65k's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Lake Havasu City
    Posts
    12,655
    Thanks
    2,759
    Thanked 5,857 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by LowRiver2 View Post
    Must be something in the water/ wife bought this last week:
    I didn't know what method rims were last year, now I have 3 sets of 'em/lol



    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  81.2 KB
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  68.6 KB
    Very Nice
    For All Your Havasu and Parker Real Estate Needs.....

    Team Own Havasu
    Paul Bruce 928-846-9611
    Realty Executives Lake Havasu City

    www.ownhavasu.com




    Livin' the Dream

    paul@ownhavasu.com

  9. #26
    WHTBRD SJP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    LHC / Huntington Beach
    Posts
    4,044
    Thanks
    2,032
    Thanked 2,152 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul65k View Post
    I'm probably not as financially sophisticated as you guys but I live by the simple rule of good debt vs. bad debt and it's very, very simple (like me).

    Good debt is the debt that will allow you to control APPRECIATING assets, and bad debt is that debt which you have on DEPRECIATING assets.........it's just that simple for me, sorry but I don't have a PhD in economics just old fashioned ideas ....................sorry to derail your post here Sam, it was not my intention
    Yeah - I am with you on this. I am just a farm boy from the country so really I kind of listen and keep my ears open and mouth shut. My grandfather said if you need to go to the bank for a loan you do not need it or you are getting in over your head. That being said everyone has a different way going about their business and I respect that.

    Quote Originally Posted by LowRiver2 View Post
    Must be something in the water/ wife bought this last week:
    I didn't know what method rims were last year, now I have 3 sets of 'em/lol
    LR2 nice jeep - looks all setup.

  10. #27
    WHTBRD SJP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    LHC / Huntington Beach
    Posts
    4,044
    Thanks
    2,032
    Thanked 2,152 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious 13 View Post
    Nice thread. Really considering getting one for my wife but at what point is it not a daily driver. Have a hard time making payments on something I would use maybe once a month. The Cherokee is basically paid off I'm leaning more towards throwing money into that and seeing what I could build... Any thoughts?
    I will say I cannot imagine my wife driving this thing as a daily driver. Even stock it is not practical for a young mom with kids. It would be a total PITA.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to SJP For This Useful Post:

    BHC Vic (10-05-2014)

  12. #28
    Schiada Baby.......Yeah!! Paul65k's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Lake Havasu City
    Posts
    12,655
    Thanks
    2,759
    Thanked 5,857 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious 13 View Post
    Nice thread. Really considering getting one for my wife but at what point is it not a daily driver. Have a hard time making payments on something I would use maybe once a month. The Cherokee is basically paid off I'm leaning more towards throwing money into that and seeing what I could build... Any thoughts?
    I think that was similar thought process that Cole Trickle had and now he's driving a Chevy Volt......Hmmm....Maybe it doesn't work so good as a daily driver with all those mods
    For All Your Havasu and Parker Real Estate Needs.....

    Team Own Havasu
    Paul Bruce 928-846-9611
    Realty Executives Lake Havasu City

    www.ownhavasu.com




    Livin' the Dream

    paul@ownhavasu.com

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Paul65k For This Useful Post:

    BHC Vic (10-05-2014)

  14. #29
    Senior Member LowRiver2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Yorba Linda and Earp
    Posts
    3,157
    Thanks
    78
    Thanked 409 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by SJP View Post
    I will say I cannot imagine my wife driving this thing as a daily driver. Even stock it is not practical for a young mom with kids. It would be a total PITA.
    Thanks for the kind words guys,

    Yep, we waited for our 2 yr old to be done with strollers before ditching the flex. She drives on a lot of construction sites,usually with my truck ha ha. Our 2 and 4 yr old dig it. Mommy has the "big jeep" and daddy has the "monster truck"

    As for paying for it, to each their own, my wife buys a new company car every several years, so it makes one of our cars an easy deal (free)
    Its a starting point to see if we start jeeping.
    AEV 2.5" lift/bilstein 5100's
    AOE bumpers
    Warn 8k winch

    Skid plates/rocker guards are on short list
    Last edited by LowRiver2; 10-05-2014 at 07:53 PM.

  15. #30
    Senior Member Singleton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    6,968
    Thanks
    503
    Thanked 3,753 Times
    So when is the first adventure in Havasu?

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast