Barrett - Top

Roadrunner - Top

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,017 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul65k View Post
    I think that was similar thought process that Cole Trickle had and now he's driving a Chevy Volt......Hmmm....Maybe it doesn't work so good as a daily driver with all those mods
    I would say a 4door jk with a 3" lift and 35's is a good all around vehicle if you want something to take off-road. I would say you need to be prepared for the gas mileage if you are driving 60 miles a day.

If your buying to be cool and not use it there are much better choices.

I got the volt to offset the gas cost. Keeping the wear and tear off a 60k jeep was the bonus...haha

My wife wouldn't be caught dead driving a girly car so the girl with kids in a lifted vehicle never affected me. My sister daily drives the white rubicon get some posted above and I think she likes it.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,462 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by LowRiver2 View Post
    Must be something in the water/ wife bought this last week:
    I didn't know what method rims were last year, now I have 3 sets of 'em/lol

Attachment 369811
    Attachment 369812
    Nice looking rig. Been thinking of getting one for a daily driver for a few years and then retire it to full time off road in Havasu and being towed behind our Moho. I sold my old school YJ a few months ago because I wanted an automatic with AC and the four doors would be a plus.

How bad are they for driving every day?
    Walt Hollis, Hollis & Hollis Insurance Brokers

www.hollisbrokers.com

Schiada Baby.......Yeah!! Paul65k's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,857 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by ONE-A-DAY View Post
    Nice looking rig. Been thinking of getting one for a daily driver for a few years and then retire it to full time off road in Havasu and being towed behind our Moho. I sold my old school YJ a few months ago because I wanted an automatic with AC and the four doors would be a plus.

The guys I know that run 33's and below (Rubicon 17's run 32's) seem to think the newer ones with the Pentestar motors are very good and well behaved on the road and they are OK off road, Rubicons actually don't do bad with the stock tires as they have lockers and a lower gear ration in the transfer case.......this is the set-up I run with a 2" lift and Bilstein shocks and use this as an everyday driver around town.

I go on some reasonable runs with the local 4-wheeler group (level 3 and some 3+) and haven't been stuck yet........although there have been a few times where I would have loved to be running 37's with a 6" lift

Start slow Walt and then add as you find yourself wanting more and more capability.....because you WILL get there if you do any serious off-roading IMO
    For All Your Havasu and Parker Real Estate Needs.....

Team Own Havasu
    Paul Bruce 928-846-9611
    Realty Executives Lake Havasu City

www.ownhavasu.com

Livin' the Dream

paul@ownhavasu.com

Thanks
    Thanked 3,753 Times
    I use mine to drive to my office in El Segundo from Carlsbad weekly (105 miles each way), but then my commute is .25 mikes from the Hilton to the office.

Thanks
    Thanked 409 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by ONE-A-DAY View Post

Come by some weeknight Walt and you can take this one for a spin. Wife likes it, I've had it on the freeway twice now, it isn't "peppy" by any means but can get out of it's own way for sure for passing, etc.

I haven't logged mpg yet, but I can say our Flex wasn't anything to write home about either (was around 16-18 around town).

Cole Trickle is definately the go to person for experience/advice on these things and I already owe him some beer for asking green horn questions Hoping to pay back the favor Tday week in Parker and go on some trails with him in Earp.

I'm sure the rubicon would have been a overall better choice but this one had the extras on it, and for the amount of low key stuff I expect the wife to want to do, it fit the bill. She also can drive this more to job sites instead of putting miles on my truck. My buddy came up with a pretty cool pulley system to get the hard top off by himself in his garage in 8 minutes. I"ll post up some photos/parts used when I visit him.

He was talking about being able to make the rear seats recline with the addition of some washers. Has anyone here done this?

cobra performance boats BHC Vic's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,077 Times
    My wife drives from chino to Yorba Linda everyday I believe less than 20 miles. Her best friend just got one so of course now she wants one.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,753 Times

2014 SJP Jeep Rubicon JK Build

I haven't logged mpg yet, but I can say our Flex wasn't anything to write home about either (was around 16-18 around town).

I'm sure the rubicon would have been a overall better choice but this one had the extras on it, and for the amount of low key stuff I expect the wife to want to do, it fit the bill. She also can drive this more to job sites instead of putting miles on my truck. My buddy came up with a pretty cool pulley system to get the hard top off by himself in his garage in 8 minutes. I"ll post up some photos/parts used when I visit him.

He was talking about being able to make the rear seats recline with the addition of some washers. Has anyone here done this?
    I average 17 when driving to the office, when I keep it around 70, goes to 16 at 76.

Please post picks of your buddy's garage setup. I was thinking about something like this for my garage, so very interested.

We need to get back to building SJP's Jeep in this thread, but hearing about the amount of Jeeps everyone has, thinking a trail ride event needs to get scheduled.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Singleton For This Useful Post:

BHC Vic (10-06-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,462 Times
    Come by some weeknight Walt and you can take this one for a spin. Wife likes it, I've had it on the freeway twice now, it isn't "peppy" by any means but can get out of it's own way for sure for passing, etc.

Cole Trickle is definately the go to person for experience/advice on these things and I already owe him some beer for asking green horn questions Hoping to pay back the favor Tday week in Parker and go on some trails with him in Earp.

Look me up over turkey day, we will be racing and relaxing at the blue water rv park for the entire week.
    Walt Hollis, Hollis & Hollis Insurance Brokers

www.hollisbrokers.com

Thanks
    Thanked 2,152 Times
    So JK is @ the lift shop today. I will post pics when I pick it up. Last pieces of odds and ends were dropped off @ powdercoat today. I expect them back on Wednesday. I did get the winch d rings and fairlead caps and ends loop for the winch today. I am hoping that my light bar gets shipped out this week from Ricky at Maxed out. If not I will pick it up this weekend when I head back to LHC. Hopefully lift turns out good today.

SJP

Thanks
    Thanked 2,152 Times
    Truck did not come back from shop today. Will be done tomorrow. Got these pieces for the winch.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  59.2 KB

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast