WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

2014 Tahoe - Old Body Style

SHEP

Reaction score
Jason,

Thinking about getting a new Tahoe but with the old body style. Are those still in stock or only the new models?

Thank you,

SHEP

jholley

Your RDP Connection To Selman Chevrolet!!!
Reaction score
Jason,

Thinking about getting a new Tahoe but with the old body style. Are those still in stock or only the new models?

Thank you,

SHEP

I haven?t had an old body in about three months. (Sorry)

ultra26shadow

Reaction score
What pricing do you have on any 4wd Tahoe's no leather? 2015

alohajeff

Reaction score
Watch out for the 2015... might be wise to wait until GM figures out the issues. Quite a few buy backs from customers complaining about a weird interior pressure / noise thats giving people headaches and earaches. In the search for the cause dealerships have found roof support issues too. Fixing the bad welds on the roof support does not fix the noise. It ends up requiring dropping the headliner which might lead to other noises later on. Apparently the seat belts make a bunch of noise too. Do a search for 2015 Tahoe Headache or 2015 Tahoe Interior Noise. It isn't an easy fix and its bad enough GM is buying them back.

Aloha

5 150whiteboy

Reaction score
Holy shit that's good to know, is it that way on the escalade and also Suburban ??

HgH Vltg

Reaction score
Does this apply across the board Denali/Tahoe? Funny this comes up, I have a buddy who just test drove both today.

Watch out for the 2015... might be wise to wait until GM figures out the issues. Quite a few buy backs from customers complaining about a weird interior pressure / noise thats giving people headaches and earaches. In the search for the cause dealerships have found roof support issues too. Fixing the bad welds on the roof support does not fix the noise. It ends up requiring dropping the headliner which might lead to other noises later on. Apparently the seat belts make a bunch of noise too. Do a search for 2015 Tahoe Headache or 2015 Tahoe Interior Noise. It isn't an easy fix and its bad enough GM is buying them back.

Aloha

alohajeff

Reaction score
It appears to. Google search it and you'll have hundreds of pages across multiple forums and websites.

Here is one example... one guy posts and then a bunch of others chime in. Pretty sure at least one is a Denali and one is an Escalade.

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/162779-2015-yukon-noise-in-cabin/

Dealers are throwing everything at it but nothing seems to fix it. Some tried new tires. Nope. Others thought it was the active noise cancelling. Nope. Out of balance driveline. Nope. Loose headliner / roof support. Nope. It has the dealers and apparently GM stumped. But along the way dealers are finding what I would call subpar assembly quality. Bummed me out. We need a new Yukon.

Aloha

TOBTEK

Reaction score
It appears to. Google search it and you'll have hundreds of pages across multiple forums and websites.

Here is one example... one guy posts and then a bunch of others chime in. Pretty sure at least one is a Denali and one is an Escalade.

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/162779-2015-yukon-noise-in-cabin/

Dealers are throwing everything at it but nothing seems to fix it. Some tried new tires. Nope. Others thought it was the active noise cancelling. Nope. Out of balance driveline. Nope. Loose headliner / roof support. Nope. It has the dealers and apparently GM stumped. But along the way dealers are finding what I would call subpar assembly quality. Bummed me out. We need a new Yukon.

Aloha

Sorry to say, but this is a REAL problem. GM has already bought back our 2015 Yukon, and will be taking back the 2015 1/2 Escalade. Along with the ear pressure, its been in the shop 2 of the three months we've owned it. WAIT and HOPE the 2016 is fixed. At this point they have not been able to fix them. They are beautiful trucks, but they have MAJOR issues.

Singleton

Reaction score
Have a 15 yukon with none of these issues. Feeling lucky, leased in June 14, wonder what changed in the mfg process to cause the issue

paradise

Spooner
Reaction score
We have a '15 Tahoe. No problems thus far. Really really happy with it actually.

Thanks Jason :)