WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Brand New Torrance Home 10 miles from Beach

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
And a couple miles from the infamous.....well, me. [emoji15][emoji15]

Ivan Dan

Reaction score
GLWS - If you need any help don't hesitate to hit me up.

boatnam2

Reaction score
Back in the day donovan was on border st, they use to fire up a funny car every once in awhile and i would jump on my bicycle and haul ass over there, nitro is like pussy you always remember your first sniff!

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
Crazy what they are going for right there. :yikes

NicPaus

Reaction score
Crazy what they are going for right there. :yikes

Crazy Cheap for sure, only $210 a sq ft for brand new construction. You considering moving back from cow country, now would be the time. I sold a similar sized house a few years ago, not as nice as this 2 blocks over for $779,000. My cousin is in escrow on same street 2 blocks over for $475,000 had to up his offer to get it. It is 1250 sq ft and built in 1928. That is $380 a sq ft.

Our Realtor did not listen and missed the boat. Should of easily sold for $629,000 5 months ago but She wanted to wait and Market went flat 3 months ago. She still has not produced a decent flier and her marketing sucks. I stayed home from the river this weekend to get it sold myself. Got the front house in Escrow. Second couple i showed it to made full price offer. I have been swamped and made the mistake of relying on the Realtor instead of being there myself to make the sale. Realtors just want to sit back look good and only list it on the MLS where most my buyers do not have access to MLS. The house has many features most do not and She has failed to market that and tell potential buyers. Might just have to add getting my realtors license to my never ending to do list.

HOOTER SLED-

Reaction score
Crazy Cheap for sure, only $210 a sq ft for brand new construction. You considering moving back from cow country, now would be the time. I sold a similar sized house a few years ago, not as nice as this 2 blocks over for $779,000. My cousin is in escrow on same street 2 blocks over for $475,000 had to up his offer to get it. It is 1250 sq ft and built in 1928. That is $380 a sq ft.

Our Realtor did not listen and missed the boat. Should of easily sold for $629,000 5 months ago but She wanted to wait and Market went flat 3 months ago. She still has not produced a decent flier and her marketing sucks. I stayed home from the river this weekend to get it sold myself. Got the front house in Escrow. Second couple i showed it to made full price offer. I have been swamped and made the mistake of relying on the Realtor instead of being there myself to make the sale. Realtors just want to sit back look good and only list it on the MLS where most my buyers do not have access to MLS. The house has many features most do not and She has failed to market that and tell potential buyers. Might just have to add getting my realtors license to my never ending to do list.

I know the area REAL well. I have my opinion, but I don't wanna turd on your thread. :D

HOOTER SLED-

Reaction score
I have a buddy that lives 2 streets over on Andreo too.

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
surprised if this doesnt sell quickly. people dive at the opportunity to go to a Torrance Unified School District school.

go tartars!

NicPaus

Reaction score
I have a buddy that lives 2 streets over on Andreo too.

I lived on Andreo for 3 years, Lost my ass cause that bullshit attempt to make the area "Historic Old Torrance" Little piece of shit house was nothing historic about it. Was R-2 and I wanted to scrape it and put up 2 new Craftsmen style houses that would of been a upgrade to the area.

HOOTER SLED-

Reaction score
surprised if this doesnt sell quickly. people dive at the opportunity to go to a Torrance Unified School District school.

go tartars!

LOL... I was a Tartar. The good ole days.:D

HOOTER SLED-

Reaction score
I lived on Andreo for 3 years, Lost my ass cause that bullshit attempt to make the area "Historic Old Torrance" Little piece of shit house was nothing historic about it. Was R-2 and I wanted to scrape it and put up 2 new Craftsmen style houses that would of been a upgrade to the area.

We actually moved from the ghetto LA Strip right across the way there on the map in the ad. 222nd St....right down from Lowe's. Can't believe we stayed there as long as we did. :rolleyes

HOOTER SLED-

Reaction score

Yea man...that street was cramped...that truck in your avatar probably took up half the block. :D

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score

go tartars!

That's why I moved there. I tried for PV but that was way above my pay grade. Even during a down housing economy I couldn't come close.

454Rocket

I thought RDSUX?
Reaction score
Try Redfin.com We purchased our house in LB with them and would do the same selling.

I have what's now a rental on St. Andrews (182nd and Van Ness Area)... $2400.00/mo for a 1009 sq. foot cracker box :rolleyes It rents REAL easy, so if that's an option I'd look into it.

HOOTER SLED-

Reaction score
Try Redfin.com We purchased our house in LB with them and would do the same selling.

I have what's now a rental on St. Andrews (182nd and Van Ness Area)... $2400.00/mo for a 1009 sq. foot cracker box :rolleyes It rents REAL easy, so if that's an option I'd look into it.

:yikes:yikes

NicPaus

Reaction score
This one the realtor figured $2800 a month on a lease. The house next door rents for $2550 and is smaller by a bedroom and smaller yard with less parking. Not trying to rent this one. need the funds for the next build. My Brother plans on renting not far from your spot, we just gutted and redid the whole house and going to refi to build 2 rentals behind it over garage. I figured $2000 for the front 3 bedroom but based on your $2400 and our realtor saying $2250 he might be able to get $5850 between the three. It definitely makes more sense to buy in this area if you can swing it, rent prices are ridiculous.

boatnam2

Reaction score

Where abouts? i lived on andreo corner house of andreo and plaza del amo. My paper route was cabrillo, andreo, gramercy, plaza del amo and downtown.

NicPaus

Reaction score
Where abouts? i lived on andreo corner house of andreo and plaza del amo. My paper route was cabrillo, andreo, gramercy, plaza del amo and downtown.

2111 block and a half from there. Little blue house had a wierd shape to it. Went to Torrance as well, funny my Nephew has one of the teachers I use to. He caught me doing all types of shit back then. Damn I am getting old.

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
2111 block and a half from there. Little blue house had a wierd shape to it. Went to Torrance as well, funny my Nephew has one of the teachers I use to. He caught me doing all types of shit back then. Damn I am getting old.

What year did you graduate?

boatnam2

Reaction score
I graduated in 1980, endos market was at cabrillo and Plaza del amo, all houses now.

BamBam

Reaction score

NicPaus

Reaction score
You might want to amend your ad. The closest beach is only about 5 miles from that house. I don't live too far from there either. My kids are Tartars too.

It was suppose to be 10 minutes from beach. My CL ad has only brought in a few potential buyers. Jumping through hoops to get the front house to close escrow, buyer wanted to close today. City decided they wanted to get us for even more fees. Had to sell a bunch of stuff on craigslist and borrow some more money to get them paid off. Every time i think I am done someone has there handout saying pay us more or we wont sign off. Over $60K in fees for two houses last 2 I built was around $20K. I have not slept more than a few hours since they told me I need to come up with another $10K in fees so we can close escrow.