WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Zephyr Defense

renodaytona

Reaction score
For all the gun guys and gals... My new business is Zephyr Defense out of Reno/Sparks Nevada. We specialize in quality built inexpensive AR15's .308 AR's and Bolt Guns. We offer Cerakote currently and will be the only shop in the Reno area that will be fully certified by NIC industries next year.

Please follow us on Facebook if you are a user:
www.facebook.com/zephyrdefense

Our website is:
www.zephyrdefense.com

We will be getting our web store online in the near future offering complete AR builds and AR parts at great prices initially.

Let me know if you have any questions...

Attachments

• ZD 1.jpg
    ZD 1.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 38

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
I have been meaning to get back with you, yes we would like to be set up as a dealer. Lots of interest in the Lucas gun oil product up here.

I can easily set you up. We even have our website set up so dealers can order directly from the site as well. Just need to upload the new gun oil.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
What is the phone #? I currently have 3 AR Lowers that I would like to buy all the parts to build them.

RD

SuperJet

Reaction score
I will be needing two lower parts kits in the near future

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Yup, I've got two lowers that need to be built, so count me in...

renodaytona

Reaction score
Here is my Cell 775-815-6283. We are currently in the process of getting our new shop location secured and trying to get all the paperwork changed over as well. We have everything in stock and can ship anywhere. Let me know what you need and I'll give the RDP'ers discounts and low cost shipping rates.

renodaytona

Reaction score
Riverbound, we will be in touch in the next week to get the Lucas deal set up.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Speaking for myself I have no clue what I want. I'm hoping for you to tell me "this is what you want."

Here's what I got

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437365473.073439.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437365486.490521.jpg

He guy I bought these from just gave me this so I don't know if it's any good?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437365501.942008.jpg

renodaytona

Reaction score
Dave, the DPMS 308 parts kit is a good kit, every other 308 builder that uses the DPMS style 308 have based their kits on these. As I stated on Facebook I will get you some build lists with different options and price points.

Superjet, we have LPK's with stainless hammers and triggers and are awaiting our new kits that are nitrided.

Pronstar, we have all the stuff for full builds.

The barrels we use for our AR15 platform are a melonite finish inside and out which has been tested to endure up to 20,000 rounds. The barrels and BCG's are all high pressure and mag particle tested. Any other info that you guys want let me know and I'll be happy to provide or answer any questions you may have.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
As I stated on Facebook I will get you some build lists with different options and price points.

That would be great. I'm in no huge hurry and would like to do business with an RDPer :thumbup:

SuperJet

Reaction score
Do you have complete BCG's ? Nitride? Auto? if so what are we looking at price wise?

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Speaking for myself I have no clue what I want. I'm hoping for you to tell me "this is what you want."

Here's what I got

View attachment 420976

He guy I bought these from just gave me this so I don't know if it's any good?
View attachment 420977

Looks like you are only missing the complete upper assembly for the .308. You can find about a million video's on line that will walk you step by step through the lower build process. Pretty easy. I did my first one in about 45 minutes at my desk at work. Second one in a bout 30 minutes while surfing this site one night... beer breaks included.

You will have to look out for the "Schiada Boats Only" type gun dudes that will not talk to you ever again if they find out you are using that DPMS lower parts kit.:D Just sayin:thumbup:

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
I did my first one in about 45 minutes at my desk at work. Second one in a bout 30 minutes while surfing this site one night... beer breaks included.

:eek

STV_Keith

Reaction score
Looks like you are only missing the complete upper assembly for the .308.

And a stock. ;)

As for the AR-15 lowers, you need a lower parts kit and a stock. I prefer the standard mil-spec 6-position carbine stocks, but there are LOTS of flavors out there. I swap the stock A2 grip for an Ergo ambidextrous version, add a Magpul B.A.D. lever and a Magpul ASAP sling attachment point receiver plate. I also send the stock triggers out to Bill Springfield from triggerwork.net and have them modded to his standard 4# setup for $40. I'm a cheap ass, so no $200+ Giessele or other triggers for me. LOL

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Yup, don't forget the stock:thumbup:

Adjustable is great for those with shorter than average arms:D I'm just sayin:cool

renodaytona

Reaction score

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Looks like you are only missing the complete upper assembly for the .308. You can find about a million video's on line that will walk you step by step through the lower build process. Pretty easy. I did my first one in about 45 minutes at my desk at work. Second one in a bout 30 minutes while surfing this site one night... beer breaks included.

You will have to look out for the "Schiada Boats Only" type gun dudes that will not talk to you ever again if they find out you are using that DPMS lower parts kit.:D Just sayin:thumbup:

Well which one is the Schiada kit? :D. I don't want to be rolling some cheetah .308 over here!

SuperJet

Reaction score

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
Well which one is the Schiada kit? :D. I don't want to be rolling some cheetah .308 over here!

My .308 upper is far from what I would call Schiada quality and it was almost a grand. Do you know how much these things can run? Be careful what you ask for. [emoji23][emoji23]

renodaytona

Reaction score

LOL... Aero Precision is what we tend to use on 308 Builds unless someone wants a drop in trigger then we have build kits without the trigger group. There are 2 different styles of 308 LPK's out there, DPMS LR 308 (wide) based and AR15 (narrow) based.

renodaytona

Reaction score
My .308 upper is far from what I would call Schiada quality and it was almost a grand. Do you know how much these things can run? Be careful what you ask for. [emoji23][emoji23]

308 Builds add up quick. Here is one we did for a customer recently. This was in the $1800 price range (without the optic) as he
supplied that separately.

Attachments

• FDE 308.jpg
    FDE 308.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 29

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
308 Builds add up quick. Here is one we did for a customer recently. This was in the $1800 price range (without the optic) as he

Sending Three Oh Eights downrange, two at a time, makes everyone smile.

Brian

t&y

t&y
Reaction score

Hey wait a minute... I own a Cheetah!:D

As mentioned you can spend a ton of money on these things if you want to. I haven't built a .308 yet. I'm still waiting on a couple lowers from Rocket Hub that should have been here last summer:thumbsdown

Here is what my limited experience building these things has taught me so far. If the parts you are getting are truely Mil-Spec items, they will work more than good for the majority of shooters. I have a few off brand lowers with CMMG LPK's and two different kinds of Uppers, each from different builders (Model 1 Sales) and then a Frakensteined one. All of them shoot fine and are as acurate as I need them to be 200 yards out. All the parts are Mil-Spec and work together just fine. Are they high end brand named products who's name would impress other gun nuts..? Nope, probably not. But when we are talking about hitting accurate targets a couple hundered yards out does it really matter if the tool doing it is $3,000 or $700?

On that note... for the Cheetah .308, you can probably piece it together for close to $1000 without optics. All depends on how much you spent for the lower you already have. I've seen complete AR style .308 16" rifles for 1100 bucks brand new recently.

Then you gotta buy the ammo to shoot. Stand by for that wake up call.:thumbsdown

t&y

t&y
Reaction score

That looks real clean:thumbup:

Do you guys sell stripped .308 Lowers? If so, can you give me a ball park price? PM is fine if you don't want to post it here.

renodaytona

Reaction score
That looks real clean:thumbup:

Do you guys sell stripped .308 Lowers? If so, can you give me a ball park price? PM is fine if you don't want to post it here.

I have 308's, Aero Precision upper and lower sets, and DPMS lowers. I need to make sure that these models are available to ship to CA but I'm almost 100% sure they are. I'll let you know prices ASAP.

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
I have 308's, Aero Precision upper and lower sets, and DPMS lowers. I need to make sure that these models are available to ship to CA but I'm almost 100% sure they are. I'll let you know prices ASAP.

Cool. No hurry. I'll be piecing one together eventually. Good luck with your business.

renodaytona

Reaction score
Just wanted to give you guys an update. I'm close to having RDP pricing for components and packages. If you are interested PM me your email address and I will send you the pricing sheet when I have it finalized.