WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Desert Bash 2014

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

never happy

Reaction score
We'll be there this year. First time for the desert bash, usually do the st pattys day run in Parker... ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413866430.139010.jpg

HavasuHank

"B" team gardener
Reaction score
Gonna look into renting a trailer and have it dropped on the spot.

Might do the run this year ... we'll see.

underpressure

Reaction score
I would be interested in doing! Anyone have any additional info on it? Where does it start /end, etc?

Here's my ride...

Attachments

• SDR_Commander_Comp_1.jpg
    SDR_Commander_Comp_1.jpg
    260.7 KB · Views: 31
  • New Image.JPG
    New Image.JPG
    125.7 KB · Views: 33

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
It starts and Campbell Ranch in Havasu, and I guess you would say it ends at Campbell ranch in Havasu eventually. The last card stop is actually kind of out in the desert and you just find your way back from there. Big party at Campbell Ranch both Friday and Saturday nights if the RDP crew shows up.

RD

riverroyal

Reaction score
3 years ago, It kinda sucked. The course was nothing but wash board, I mean BAD. After 20 miles of that it just got old. swore Id never do it again, if the course is better like everyone says then maybe.
when we did it the markers on the last few miles were gone, people just said fuck it and headed west to get back to the 95 and a smooth road. We never saw the end of the loop!

Reactions: TPC

Warlock

Reaction score

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-10-01-15-57-44.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-10-01-15-57-44.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 28

riverroyal

Reaction score
the entire run was right at 65 miles if I remember right. There was a card stop sponsored by College street and they had beer! Card stopped are staggered about right, just as you cant breath and your eyes are full of dust you stop. Grab a hotdog are whatever is at the stop, clean your goggles then hit it again. Its not a race, I only had one dumb ass pass me in a wash. Stupid, there was no where to go! 50 side by sides in front of me. He later was passed by me since he had a flat, I wanted to say something but wasn't worth it. The 1st stage feels like a race, everyone just wants to haul ass, they let 10-20 go at once so its staggered. Bike together, quads, jeeps etc. A full tank in my Teryx 4 was plenty, I drove it to the start and drove it home.
There was a couple of fun sections, few steep hills. Its a FULL day in the dirt, I mean FULL! If you bring a rider make sure they are ok with that, theres no turning back once you start.

HavasuHank

"B" team gardener
Reaction score
If anyone is considering going, I recommend it. It's a ton of fun although the last time we did it, the course was pretty bad. Tons of beer breaks along the way. :thumbsup:

If we do come out for it again, I'm gonna have to find a ride. Might see if I'll rent a sxs and run it, but I'm not opposed to coming out and partying. :cool:drink:D

Timmmmmy

Reaction score
I heard last year the crowd was pretty sparse in general compared to years previous?

I will be in this year with the new Ranger.. :D Have room for 4 more if anyone wants to go.

RD

If you have a extra seat I will go. I can supply beer and food

CampbellCarl

Reaction score
If we make this an RDP thing, lemme suggest that we get together and do some kinda RDP potlock. The dinner there sucks big donkey dicks. 4 oz semi cooked, semi frozen hambuger patty and a hand full of stale potato chips.

I think that the meal was included in the price and they can keep my $$$, I'll eat and drink at the moho......

CC

phuggit

Reaction score
Is there still a cap on the number of participants? I've missed the cut off the last couple years.

fstlayn

Reaction score
If anyone is considering going, I recommend it. It's a ton of fun although the last time we did it, the course was pretty bad. Tons of beer breaks along the way. :thumbsup:

If we do come out for it again, I'm gonna have to find a ride. Might see if I'll rent a sxs and run it, but I'm not opposed to coming out and partying. :cool:drink:D

Is there somewhere in Havasu to rent a SxS? I only go to Havasu for boating, but I'm very interested in the off-road festivities as well.

HavasuHank

"B" team gardener
Reaction score
Is there somewhere in Havasu to rent a SxS? I only go to Havasu for boating, but I'm very interested in the off-road festivities as well.

Tech-1 on lake havasu ave rents them.

I need to start looking if I am planning on heading out. Actually, I need to see if I even have that weekend off from work first. lol.

ultra26shadow

Reaction score
Will a rhino or any other SxS make the whole run on one full tank?

Warlock1

Reaction score
If we make this an RDP thing, lemme suggest that we get together and do some kinda RDP potlock. The dinner there sucks big donkey dicks. 4 oz semi cooked, semi frozen hambuger patty and a hand full of stale potato chips.

I think that the meal was included in the price and they can keep my $$$, I'll eat and drink at the moho......

CC

I agree with Carl. We could do a chili cook off :yikes:D

Warlock1

Reaction score
Will a rhino or any other SxS make the whole run on one full tank?

No worries on gas. I always take extra and have given some out in the past to people that have needed it. I think most people would help out. If push comes to shove just stop one of the jeeps in the event and siphon some gas :D

Ivan Dan

Reaction score
My dad, brother, and I are all planning to do it this year and we are already signed up. I'm hoping to have my new XP4 by then.

My dads new XP4 and my old car that my brother now owns....

1509272_723760834312240_4671527942379027019_n.jpg
10678753_798453123509677_520966870455892745_n.jpg
20140807_132607_resized.jpg

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
So who is coming out for this? I was talking to Stacy and she has a bunch of friends going and is leaning on me to do it..

On the food front I can either bring a BBQ out to Campbell ranch or put something together at the house if everyone wants to take a real shower at the end of the run..

HavasuHank

"B" team gardener
Reaction score
We're out ... gotta work that weekend. :thumbsdown

Meaney77

Reaction score
Looks like a good time, I have never done it. Anyone have anymore details about it?

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I heard last year the crowd was pretty sparse in general compared to years previous?

I will be in this year with the new Ranger.. :D Have room for 4 more if anyone wants to go.

RD

We have a charity event that weekend, otherwise we would be there.

Warlock1

Reaction score
We're in. I like the idea that Carl had about doing our own meal instead of eating that stuff they bring.

Warlock1

Reaction score
With AJ down in florida the big question is whos campsite is hosting the RDP party?

CampbellCarl

Reaction score
We're in. I like the idea that Carl had about doing our own meal instead of eating that stuff they bring.

With AJ down in florida the big question is whos campsite is hosting the RDP party?

That's the question right there..

RD

AJ didn't move there.......he's visiting and picking up a new boat.....I'd think that he'd be there.

I expect the RDP Mobile World Headquarters to be there and available as always for RDP functions.......as long as I have a seat in the RDP entry vehicle.

:D

LuckyStrike

Just Plain Crazy
Reaction score
AJ didn't move there.......he's visiting and picking up a new boat.....I'd think that he'd be there.

I expect the RDP Mobile World Headquarters to be there and available as always for RDP functions.......as long as I have a seat in the RDP entry vehicle.

Mark and I were just talking about this ...Ill grt with Jeni to get the old campsite back and bring the Rolling Bar..LOL
Im sure someone has Pics of the first two years (We missed last year)...But thinking better then ever :thumbup:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
so roll call as its a few weeks away who is going?
Myself and Stacy are going. :)
Adam from wired for Sound is bringing two or three SXS's up and staying at my house.

I haven't confirmed it but I think Timmmy and Campbellcarl are in the ranger with us.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

So do you guys all want to party up at the camp spots? Or bring it down here to the house? Absolutely you can have a set in the crew, if you aren't already copiloting AJ's Ranger. :D

RD