WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Tom 565/720

Jmp

Reaction score
I'm looking to purchase a boat boat with a tcm 565" 720hp naturally aspirated engine, upon compression test, what kind of number should I see?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I'm looking to purchase a boat boat with a tcm 565" 720hp naturally aspirated engine, upon compression test, what kind of number should I see?

JMP, without saying type of boat, or even what # you are looking for that would be an impossible question to answer?

What # are you looking for.. Top speed? Price?

RD

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
JMP, without saying type of boat, or even what # you are looking for that would be an impossible question to answer?

RD

I think he is asking what compression number he should see on the motor if he runs a compression test. At least that's how I read it

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score

RD

I'd say 180 with all real close to that...

what really to look for is one or more way low.. or two side by side

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
There is no set number. You want the readings to be within about 5 percent of each other across the board.

TEAGUE CUSTOM MARINE

Reaction score
We do not do a cranking compression test. A compression test does not really tell you about the condition of the engine unless you have a dead cylinder.

We recommend doing a leak down test. A typical leak down should range from 8% perfect to 30%ish depending on where it is leaking from and if the engine was run prior to the test.

Give us a call for any questions. -Eric