WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Marine finally freed from Mexican jail.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
About freaking time. Should have been released months ago

JB in so cal

Reaction score
A simple phone call from the "most powerful man on the planet" should have ended this months ago...

Ehhlo? Yeah. This is the president of the United states. If you don't release him I'll build a gawdamm wall...Ummmmmok. When you wanna peek him up?:cool

scouter

Old Guy......
Reaction score
A simple phone call from the "most powerful man on the planet" should have ended this months ago...

Ehhlo? Yeah. This is the president of the United states. If you don't release him I'll build a gawdamm wall...Ummmmmok. When you wanna peek him up?:cool

You know he and his minions will take credit for it....... :thumbsdown

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
...That's nothing an old friend of mine's brother was murdered by a Rosarita beach policeman...
...The Rosarita Police and Mexican government said he had hung himself in his cell after being arrested for being drunk...

... After border protests Mexican counselet protests and the gathering of the news media on many occasions as well as many letters written to our federal government to the attention of the then Atty. Gen. Janet Reno finally got some results...

... His body was exumed,.. a couple of separate pathological tests were done and it was proven that he was hung with a ligature/rope and not his sweater as the Mexican police had said...

... A Mexican tribunal of justices found the police officer guilty and sentenced him to prison...I can't remember what the sentence actually was...???...

... A few years later I ran into a guy who played cards with the chief of police of Rosarita Beach and he told me that even though the police officer was convicted and sentenced to prison,...that the deal was he would walk into the prison every morning check-in and walk right back out...

... Welcome to the Mexican judicial system...???...

... Holy crap,...I just googled..." Mario Amado "...,the guy who was murdered and it says that the Mexican policeman's conviction was overturned at a later point in time,... Again welcome to the Mexican judicial system???...

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
This week in south TX.....A man and woman are divorced. She lives in the US where her grown children were born and are citizens (as I understand it anyway), her ex husband now lives and runs a business near the small Mexican border town of Matamoros. Her 2 sons work for their father. Her 29 year old daughter who has 4 children, against her mother's wishes went into Mexico with her boyfriend to visit Pops and bring the brothers back when she returned.

The bodies of the girl and 2 brothers were found burned outside of town, each with a gunshots to the head. The boyfriend is missing and the girl's Jeep Cherokee turned up at the courthouse where it was supposedly left by a relative of the town's mayor. No explanation of how it came into his possession. The group was last seen being forced into a van marked and owned by a private security group, Hercules Unit, formed by the mayor of Matamoras.

Don't cross over into that shithole is the best advice......

PROGRESO ? The father of three siblings who were abducted two weeks ago confirmed Thursday afternoon that their bodies were found near Matamoros, Mexico.

Mexican officials discovered four decomposing bodies on Wednesday, two weeks after witnesses reported the siblings from Progreso were kidnapped in El Control, Mexico, while visiting their father.

Pedro Alvarado, the father of Erica Alvarado Rivera, 26, and her brothers, Alex, 22, and Jose Angel, 21, identified the bodies for Mexican authorities. Also missing is Erica's boyfriend, 32-year-old Jose Guadalupe Castaneda Benitez, who is also believed to be dead.

From her home in Progreso, surrounded by television news cameras and reporters, the mother of the siblings, Raquel Alvarado, 46, cried as she told the media about their deaths.

Officials from the Tamaulipas, Mexico, chamber of commerce and representatives from the City of Progreso came to offer condolences to the mother at her home.

Nahomi Rodriguez, 45, who is the aunt of the slain siblings, said friends witnessed members of the Hercules Unit, formed by the Matamoros mayor, take the them by force. Rodriguez said the family is honest and well-respected in El Control, and could offer no motive for the kidnappings.

Rodirguez said days after the four went missing, Erica's Black Jeep Cherokee was found in a parking lot belonging to a relative of the mayor. The vehicle was returned to the family in Progreso, but there was no explanation given for how a relative of the mayor came into possession of the vehicle.

Fifteen other U.S. residents have been murdered in the Texas border state of Tamaulipas since January 2013 ? with six of the killings reported in Nuevo Laredo, three others in Matamoros and the rest in smaller cities.

Tamaulipas, expected to be the next Eagle Ford boom site, remains an armed conflict zone between the Gulf Cartel and the breakaway more militaristic Zetas, and government corruption remains a significant problem.

From 2008 to June 2014, 564 U.S. citizens have been reported killed in Mexico, according to U.S. State Department reports of deaths of citizens abroad. Most of those murders occurred in U.S. border states.

The FBI's Laredo office has collected another 239 reports in the last decade of Americans kidnapped mostly in Tamaulipas ? 121 have never been located, said Special Agent Michelle Lee, a San Antonio-based FBI spokesman in an interview last year

Backlash

Reaction score
This story is frustrating to say the least.

Until we have an actual "Leader" in the White House who gives two shits about the American people, this type of behavior will unfortunately continue.

This Sgt. shouldn't have been in custody any longer than a day. Our lacking government SHOULD have made those calls and those demands as soon as this information was forwarded up the chain of command.

Release our Marine and return him to the border safely. This is not a polite request and this is not a discussion. This is what we are telling you to do. If this situation isn't resolved by the end of (X) days, we are sending in our "Team" from San Diego to get him.

That's what SHOULD have happened.

Thankfully he is home.

aka619er

That Guy.....
Reaction score
There was help, there is a reason it's four days before the mid terms.

I agree. Cracks me up all the interviews at the bottom with the three officials. Only a matter of time until they take credit for it.

McRib

aka HWlaser23, "B" team member
Reaction score
Ok I'm gonna be the asshole.

This guy crossed the border with a few hundred rounds, an ar15, a pistol, a shotgun, and another rifle. He claims he'd never been to Mexico before bu He was tracked earlier on foot in Mexico securing a hotel room . That means he parked his vehicle at the border then walked over. Then later in the day he "missed his exit" and the Mexican police lit his ass up. All the while he was supposedly on the phone with 911 saying they were taking his weapons from him. No shit mother fucker.!! You committed the only crime Mexico takes seriously!

His mom went public and that's the only reason he was on the radar. Is he a Marine? YES! however he hasn't been an active duty Marine for a year and a half for over a year and a half before this incident. Guess what!? That makes him a civilian who happens to be a Marine Corps veteran. He falls under NO protection of of any US command. . He get zero special treatment from our govt. Which is why Obama or his administration did nothing. Had his mom not made this public no of us would have ever heard anything about this. He'd have been just another international law breaker hoping for the best. There is waaaay more to this than what has been reported. The media wants a poor me poor me PTSD free me story. It's bullshit. This guy's is a criminal. He didn't break US Law he broke Mexican law. Weither we agree with Mexican ways or not doesn't matter. We let illegals in in every day. Doesn't mean Mexico has to reciprocate. They treated him as a gun smuggler as they should have.

He is a brother to me as a Marine but he is not a Marine as he has been described. He is not active duty and we owe him nothing in this instance. Had he had just been a law abiding veteran then the VA AND THE US owes him nothing more than treatment for his war issues.

I would never leave a fellow Marine behind in battle but if ur gonna break any kind of law. ... Ur on ur own! I'm not going to jail for ANY ONE! cause of some brother hood. Sorry!

Tank

Reaction score

This guy crossed the border with a few hundred rounds, an ar15, a pistol, a shotgun, and another rifle. He claims he'd never been to Mexico before bu He was tracked earlier on foot in Mexico securing a hotel room . That means he parked his vehicle at the border then walked over. Then later in the day he "missed his exit" and the Mexican police lit his ass up. All the while he was supposedly on the phone with 911 saying they were taking his weapons from him. No shit mother fucker.!! You committed the only crime Mexico takes seriously!

His mom went public and that's the only reason he was on the radar. Is he a Marine? YES! however he hasn't been an active duty Marine for a year and a half for over a year and a half before this incident. Guess what!? That makes him a civilian who happens to be a Marine Corps veteran. He falls under NO protection of of any US command. . He get zero special treatment from our govt. Which is why Obama or his administration did nothing. Had his mom not made this public no of us would have ever heard anything about this. He'd have been just another international law breaker hoping for the best. There is waaaay more to this than what has been reported. The media wants a poor me poor me PTSD free me story. It's bullshit. This guy's is a criminal. He didn't break US Law he broke Mexican law. Weither we agree with Mexican ways or not doesn't matter. We let illegals in in every day. Doesn't mean Mexico has to reciprocate. They treated him as a gun smuggler as they should have.

He is a brother to me as a Marine but he is not a Marine as he has been described. He is not active duty and we owe him nothing in this instance. Had he had just been a law abiding veteran then the VA AND THE US owes him nothing more than treatment for his war issues.

I would never leave a fellow Marine behind in battle but if ur gonna break any kind of law. ... Ur on ur own! I'm not going to jail for ANY ONE! cause of some brother hood. Sorry!

Kinda agree with this.

Guess what? Mexicos a shit hole. Guess what? They're govt is some of the most corrupt in the world.

Who doesn't know you can't take guns into Mexico?

I mean, I may just be silly but I wouldn't get anywhere near a Mexican boarder with a gun. This guy was playing with fire and got burned.

Does that make it right? No. But let's have some personal responsibility. I've never been in a Mexico jail. A) I avoid Mexico like the plague. I refuse to give that piece of shit country a red cent. B) the few times I was there in the past, I didn't break any laws.

This happened to a Ventura county sheriff deputy a few years back. Idiot took his gun and badge into Mexico. Got caught, got arrested. The sheriff paid an extortion size bail got him out. He went back for his court date, had to pay another extortion rate continuation fee. Came home and the sheriff said, "don't ever go back to Mexico".

The place might have some pretty beaches but so does Hawaii, so cal, Florida, Bahamas, BVI, etc. Everything that was once the allure of Mexico (cheap food drink travel and accommodations) are gone.

Place sucks. End of story.

Paul65k

Schiada Baby.......Yeah!!
Reaction score
Kinda agree with this.

Guess what? Mexicos a shit hole. Guess what? They're govt is some of the most corrupt in the world.

I mean, I may just be silly but I wouldn't get anywhere near a Mexican boarder with a gun. This guy was playing with fire and got burned.

Does that make it right? No. But let's have some personal responsibility. I've never been in a Mexico jail. A) I avoid Mexico like the plague. I refuse to give that piece of shit country a red cent. B) the few times I was there in the past, I didn't break any laws.

The place might have some pretty beaches but so does Hawaii, so cal, Florida, Bahamas, BVI, etc. Everything that was once the allure of Mexico (cheap food drink travel and accommodations) are gone.

This^^^^^ X1000:)

westair

Reaction score
Kinda agree with this.

This happened to a Ventura county sheriff deputy a few years back. Idiot took his gun and badge into Mexico. Got caught, got arrested. The sheriff paid an extortion size bail got him out. He went back for his court date, had to pay another extortion rate continuation fee. Came home and the sheriff said, "don't ever go back to Mexico".

I agree, the allure of mexico is LONG gone!

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score

If this is what he did, he deserves to be in jail. Everyone knows not to take even ammo in to Mexico. He's an idiot or he was up to something shady. Either way, our government owes him jack shit.

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
Tank and McRib are right on......What the guy was doing may never be clear, but he was in no position to get off with a handshake and good luck kiss. He was up to no good or a fool. Probably both. The media would do well to accentuate the danger and growing crime rate than beg to free a guy who was legitimately, it appears, in the wrong.

I used to cross into the border towns on business, but no more. I don't even care to get near the border at the smaller crossing areas. The cartels have "widened" the border and it's not safe to get near anywhere they might have dealings happening. These are ruthless thugs who are emboldened by the US's lack of control and kill first is their general modus operandi unless they can ransom those they encounter.

Mexico has safe areas that are protected from the crime, but one never knows when these areas to will be overrun by gangs and the crooks in government. It wasn't that long ago that dove hunters and bass fisherman could pass through safely, but cartel business has ended those tourist trades. It's never certain when they might take over other "safe" zones.

Tank

Reaction score
Tank and McRib are right on......What the guy was doing may never be clear, but he was in no position to get off with a handshake and good luck kiss. He was up to no good or a fool. Probably both. The media would do well to accentuate the danger and growing crime rate than beg to free a guy who was legitimately, it appears, in the wrong.

I used to cross into the border towns on business, but no more. I don't even care to get near the border at the smaller crossing areas. The cartels have "widened" the border and it's not safe to get near anywhere they might have dealings happening. These are ruthless thugs who are emboldened by the US's lack of control and kill first is their general modus operandi unless they can ransom those they encounter.

Mexico has safe areas that are protected from the crime, but one never knows when these areas to will be overrun by gangs and the crooks in government. It wasn't that long ago that dove hunters and bass fisherman could pass through safely, but cartel business has ended those tourist trades. It's never certain when they might take over other "safe" zones.

Remember Acapulco was THEE destination in the 80's. Resorts, beautiful beaches, etc.

Now named one of the top 10 deadliest beaches on the planet!!!

I'll pass. It's just a matter of time before every inch of that shit hole gets taken over by cartels. Their govt embraces the drug trade and caters to the cartels.

McRib

Reaction score
If this is what he did, he deserves to be in jail. Everyone knows not to take even ammo in to Mexico. He's an idiot or he was up to something shady. Either way, our government owes him jack shit.
What he did will be forever unclear. It's his story against everyone elses. He is the only one that knows the truth. I really would like to believe the missed my exit story but that story just makes him look like an idiot. Why the fuck didn't he hit the shoulder and throw it in reverse? Or pull over and call 911 BEFORE he hit the border so the CHP could help him get turned around. There are so many holes in this guy's story it ridiculous. The thing that pissed me off most about this story was that every was treating as if he was a Marine. An active duty Marine that we needed to rescue because of his service.

He is a civilian who is a veteran. He is no better than any of the other citizens in the country who could have done this same thing. Most peoples support is misguided. They are blinded by his veteran status. If this was any other person with no veteran status none of us would know anything about it. Veterans aren't above any law. Do the crime do the time. Don't throw a PTSD card and a phone call to our govt looking for help. That's unbecoming.

McRib

Reaction score
The only thing our govt owes him is VA support. nothing more! All his weapons were loaded and chambered too. Under a pile of stuff. At one point in it all he claimed he forgot they were in there. I've been following this closely.

Tank

Reaction score
The only thing our govt owes him is VA support. nothing more! All his weapons were loaded and chambered too. Under a pile of stuff. At one point in it all he claimed he forgot they were in there. I've been following this closely.

Illegal in California as well FYI.

McRib

Reaction score
Illegal in California as well FYI.
I know that. He wasn't caught breaking ca law though. He got caught breaking Mexican law. The only law they take seriously to boot. All the post release pics of him make me sick. There is a look of "I got away with it" on his face.

Tank

Reaction score
I know that. He wasn't caught breaking ca law though. He got caught breaking Mexican law. The only law they take seriously to boot. All the post release pics of him make me sick. There is a look of "I got away with it" on his face.

I was just pointing out the guy was pretty much an idiot from the get go.

K-DOG

Reaction score
Here in San Diego we have been hearing about this story for months. Many political people got involved with no luck. Then I see a week ago that Dan Bilzerian posted something about trying to gain support to free the jailed Marine in Mexico. Within 1 week they decided to release him. Amazing

Havasteve

Reaction score
Remember all those bikers that got together and headed down to rescue the Marine. They were all puffed up on TV being praised as heroes but never heard how that went. I was wondering just what they thought they could do for him.

I think anyone who goes down to that third world shithole deserves what they get. There's every possibility he was doing something shady. Those guns just so happen to be worth a small fortune if you can get them south.

Havasteve

Reaction score

The coverage of him walking off the plane like the president, shaking the hands of the pilots like they should give a shit.

He seems like he might not be all there.

ductape1000

Here.
Reaction score
The coverage of him walking off the plane like the president, shaking the hands of the pilots like they should give a shit.

He seems like he might not be all there.
So he didn't bother to put his latte down either?? [emoji41]

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Remember Acapulco was THEE destination in the 80's. Resorts, beautiful beaches, etc.

Now named one of the top 10 deadliest beaches on the planet!!!

I'll pass. It's just a matter of time before every inch of that shit hole gets taken over by cartels. Their govt embraces the drug trade and caters to the cartels.

We did that trip back then. And even in the 80's the locals told us...

You should have come here 20 years ago, back when it was nice.

It was a shithole when we went there in the 980's. Unless your racing baja or something, I can't see one reason to go to that place.

Tank

Reaction score
Damn you're old :D

LOL.

Yea. It's just amazing how it went from such a nice "it" place to one of the 10 deadliest beaches in the world. Most of which on that list have to do with like shark attacks or whatnot. But that beach is because of all the be headings. Nice!!

FreeBird236

Reaction score
If anyone wants another viewpoint, you might want to catch Greta on Fox at 7:00 Eastern tonight....:rolleyes

FreeBird236

Reaction score
If anyone wants another viewpoint, you might want to catch Greta on Fox at 7:00 Eastern tonight....:rolleyes

After watching the interview it's obvious the boy has some problems and needs help. Is it just PTSD, or more? I don't know, but some sort of sinister criminal thing I would guess not.