WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Bullhead & Fort Mohave Razor Run

DrHW

Reaction score
What a great Desert Ride we had two weeks ago.

First, my Uncle is 81 years old and his girlfriend is 76. They stay two months every year at Lake Powel on the Houseboat and Party Barge. They will spend two months in January and February on the California side in Parker. They ride Quads and Jet Ski's almost daily and live in Las Vegas. They recently purchased a single person Razor "Acer Model" and a new two seat Razor 800. I took my Razor 900 and we rode north on El Rodeo in Fort Mohave into the Black Mountains towards Oatman. After going by the Strip Mine, where people target shoot, that trail has become really cool with the storms and deep washes that made the trail more interesting ride. We took that to the gravel road where if you turn right you are headed to Oatman but instead went left towards old Bullhead. We then decided to take the access\service road back along High Power lines. Boy were we surprised as those same access roads were severely damaged by last years storms. The gullies were really bad and both the uphill and downhills were gnarly. I am talking about 40 degrees and we were rock crawling. one rock at a time to smooth the ride out several times. We had to back-up and find an alternative route several times due to some rough patches. The Razors are incredible machines and I cannot believe how well the perform under all conditions. It was scary in some places and challenging too. I would not suggest going out with one vehicle but if you want a really decent off-road trip with some hazards and navigation required this a terrific run. It is a solid three to four hours worth for sure.

No pictures but this is a great run and you will be glad that you took the time to make the trip.