WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Chargrill Big Easy...

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
Infrared oiless turkey fryer. Just bought one and chicken wings came out crispy skin and moist meat inside.....:thumbup:

Gonna try a turkey this weekend.

Anybody have one? Opinions?

DURAMAXYFZ

Reaction score
Love it!! it does great Birds!! season it per instruction's

Old Texan

Reaction score
I'm gonna try a turkey tomorrow, getting prepared for the T-Day meals.

I did 8 chicken leg quarters last night and they came out perfect. Crisp seasoned skin and the meat inside was moist and flavorful. I do not like chicken parts that have "slimey" skin, but so far wings and leg/thighs have been to perfection.

I believe this Big Easy is going to prove itself as very versatile for certain things. Added to a charcoal grill, gas grill, pit/smoker, and several small grills, I just may have the arsenal rounded out.:thumbup:

Old Texan

Reaction score
13 lb turkey in just under 2 hours. Came out moist inside and crispy skin just like fried.

Main advantage over fried is no messy oil to deal with which also makes it cheaper. Disadvantage is it's 2 times plus cooking time of fried.

I wanted true feedback so din't inject anything. Just oil rubdown and seasoned the outside.

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
Main advantage over fried is no messy oil to deal with which also makes it cheaper. Disadvantage is it's 2 times plus cooking time of fried.

That is why I rarely use my fryer. Mine is large, so I spend about $40 or more on oil. It takes hours and hours for the oil to cool down enough to do anything with it, so on Thanksgiving I end up outside cleaning the fryer up at 10pm. Makes for a long day.

Old Texan

Reaction score
That is why I rarely use my fryer. Mine is large, so I spend about $40 or more on oil. It takes hours and hours for the oil to cool down enough to do anything with it, so on Thanksgiving I end up outside cleaning the fryer up at 10pm. Makes for a long day.

When we've fried turkeys, we did at least 5-10 and made a party out of it. Also do 'em a day or two before T-Day....:D

It ain't cheap to do 1 or 2.

OFFSHORE GINGER

Reaction score
Just curious due to a diet change I am considering buying a Big Easy , and can any of you give me any more feed back and thoughts on this unit , are you happy with it , have you cooked any thing else other then Turkey / Chicken , any tips that one should know do's and do- not's that you have learned while using the Big Easy . Thanks ..................

Old Texan

Reaction score
I use mine mostly for chicken as it's quick and easy. Chicken always comes out juicy with crisp skin as I like it.

Did shish kabobs one time with kabob rack and they came out just right. Steak chunks, sausage, mushrooms, and veggies. Basted them several times. Just pull the basket and brush on.

I'm always meaning to try something like riblets or a chunk of beef, but haven't so far. My SiL has done ribs and they were mosit and tender.

It's easy, simple to clean, and so fare durable. At $100 or so, hard to go wrong.

69GS

Reaction score
Like Texan said, the product is awesome. As far as other meats to cook, I like to cook pork tenderloins and ribs also. Google recipes for it and you'll see you can cook about anything on it.

Charbroil has come out with a knew one with a lid on it since I bought mine and I'm going buy one and I'll let you know how it works out.

The reason I bought one of these in the first place was I had been deep frying turkeys for 20 plus years and there still the best but I got tired of all the prep, clean up etc. and no one wanted to help anymore so the wife and I had gone some where and they were using one of these and I was hooked.

Like I said deep frying is still the best , but if they are a 10 then the big easy is a 8.5-9.