WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Havasu man killed in officer-related shooting

Enen

Reaction score
They give a false sense of strength and power "u think ur a man e that gun in your hand"

Are you saying that a gun automatically evokes a superiority type emotional response when someone picks it up?

I am genuinely curious, what part about commanding a ballistic weapon is "a false sense of strength and power?"

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
The guys that say the gun makes up for bad genes

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
The first time a buddy brought a gun to my house I was actually pretty scared [emoji4] I never handled them much as a kid so that's probably y.

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
The first time a buddy brought a gun to my house I was actually pretty scared [emoji4] I never handled them much as a kid so that's probably y.

So you fear what you don't know. That makes sense. If someone was offering my a free front sight class, and I had the time to do it, I'd be all over it.

Enen

Reaction score

That is reasonable. Is it fair to say you have an innate respect for a weapon, and realize that you are unfamiliar with how to properly handle it? You understand the destruction that can be caused if the weapon is used in a certain manner?

With respect to your earlier posts, I would agree that a gun is a great equalizer. If I were to cite your post about a 5'2" 120 lb unarmed guy not being intimidating to you. The same man with a gun is now able to cause you to submit to his command. There is nothing false about that power, and that is what a gun can do. Consider that scenario from the other guy's perspective. If he were to encounter a big intimidating guy such as yourself in a situation where he felt justified to use lethal force and drew a weapon to proceed. He is protecting his life...

I would encourage you.... In fact I will outright challenge you to take up the offer to attend a class at Front Sight. Truly educate yourself on the use of a gun. The worst case scenario is that you will emerge from this training stronger in your anti-gun position, and have the ability to argue your position with real world experience to back it up. Or, you may modify your perspective on this issue based on first hand knowledge and experience, which currently you admittedly lack.

Reaction score
Guns aren't allowed in banks...you are up to no good and will be shot by the cops...DON'T do it V!!!:yikes

And felons already aren't allowed to own guns.

It would be interesting to find out if the dad, who decided to shoot up his neighborhood, was a felon, or just someone with a drinking problem, which got out of hand.:rolleyes

Chances are, if he didn't have a gun, he'd be alive today facing his insurance agent, telling him how the brakes fail the night before, and he drove through the wall.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Pencils cause spelling erros.

Lmao!

Lol. Cause u can't eat or go to the gym [emoji57] I've seen tiny woman hip throw huge guys like nothing.

They give a false sense of strength and power "u think ur a man e that gun in your hand"

It would be interesting to find out if the dad, who decided to shoot up his neighborhood, was a felon, or just someone with a drinking problem, which got out of hand.:rolleyes

Chances are, if he didn't have a gun, he'd be alive today facing his insurance agent, telling him how the brakes fail the night before, and he drove through the wall.

He had no criminal history in Havasu previous to the incident. The being said he also deserved to get shot by the cops.

RD

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I think I can be a responsible gun owner now. A few years ago probably not. Me not owning one was me being responsible. I may have got drunk and ended up like ol boy [emoji51][emoji51][emoji51]

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Lmao!

He had no criminal history in Havasu previous to the incident. The being said he also deserved to get shot by the cops.

RD

What was the story I never read the article. Have a bad day and lose it?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
What was the story I never read the article. Have a bad day and lose it?

Not sure why he did what he did.. Just said he came home crashed his car through the garage door scaring the shit out of the babysitter watching his kids.. Got a gun came outside and started shooting. Went back inside, did this a few more times.. Cops came, he came outside and he pointed a gun at them, and they dropped him.

This is no different then anything else though. I used to buy kegs at a supermarket in Irvine. The kid that would load them into my car at the time was kind of an odd duck. One day he went to work and he had a samurai sword with him.. He killed a few people in the market, and wounded a few others before they dropped him.

I was happy we didn't run out of beer in the kegerator that day. On another note, I'm not scared of swords, or guns. I'm concerned about people that have mental problems and are violent.

RD

boatpi

Reaction score
Ferguson videos, is she here?

[video=youtube;X4GZcwHyf2s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4GZcwHyf2s[/video]

[video=youtube;xcuJ5hYkC-g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcuJ5hYkC-g[/video]

[video=youtube;YI0s_-bMUUE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YI0s_-bMUUE[/video]

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Not sure why he did what he did.. Just said he came home crashed his car through the garage door scaring the shit out of the babysitter watching his kids.. Got a gun came outside and started shooting. Went back inside, did this a few more times.. Cops came, he came outside and he pointed a gun at them, and they dropped him.

This is no different then anything else though. I used to buy kegs at a supermarket in Irvine. The kid that would load them into my car at the time was kind of an odd duck. One day he went to work and he had a samurai sword with him.. He killed a few people in the market, and wounded a few others before they dropped him.

I was happy we didn't run out of beer in the kegerator that day. On another note, I'm not scared of swords, or guns. I'm concerned about people that have mental problems and are violent.

RD

I see what your saying. I guess it's like a skill saw. Someone unfamiliar w them might be scared of it , but I'm not. But that doesn't change the fact that it's dangerous. A gun doesn't have to be in a violent or mentally Ill persons hands to b dangerous. Like the girl that shot the shooting instructor or the toddler that shot his grandpa. I'm not really going anywhere w this just kind of sharing my feelings I guess [emoji4]

VoodooMedMan

Inmate #446
Reaction score
I see what your saying. I guess it's like a skill saw. Someone unfamiliar w them might be scared of it , but I'm not. But that doesn't change the fact that it's dangerous. A gun doesn't have to be in a violent or mentally Ill persons hands to b dangerous. Like the girl that shot the shooting instructor or the toddler that shot his grandpa. I'm not really going anywhere w this just kind of sharing my feelings I guess [emoji4]

But that Skil Saw really isn't dangerous until a PERSON plugs it in and turns it on.

allblowdup

Reaction score
The reason that some poeple say guns should be banned in my opinion is because in the wrong hands guns have a better chance of killing someone unexpectedly. If a guy has a knife,skill saw, chain saw,etc and he is 50 ft away your porbably not real scared but if he has a gun I would be scared because at a moments notice he can point and shoot. With a knife,saw etc he will have to make a move toward you and you will have time to react. One reason that crossbows are illegal. If a guy is pointing a bazooka at me I am just as scared if a guy is ponting a gun at me. Having said all that I still think guns should be legal. If they were not then only the criminals would have them. You need to be able to protect yourself.

O YES I am scared when a cop stands beside me. Most are ok but there is always the one thats on the power trip. I always laugh because I used to do financing for a dealership and we had an RCMP officer turned down for financing. I asked them why there government trusts them to carry a gun but you don't trust them to lend them money. She told me cops have some of worst credit ratings out there. Thought that was funny.

AzGeo

Fair winds and following seas George.. Rest Easy..
Reaction score
can we riot and burn things down ? That's how all the 'repressed Americans' across this land, act when they feel badly about their condition . I want to be just like all those 'good Americans' across the country . I need to voice my opinion on all the things that I think are wrong around here . Were is reverend AL ? Where is Jesse Jackson, I needs me some freedom from all this police brutality and oppression by the man . Oh, the guy when psycho, oh, never mind ............

koenig

Reaction score
Its sounds like the guy got what he wanted, suicide by cop. The good in this story is he didn't shoot the kid(s) or the babysitter.

Our cops have shot people a few times recently with bean bag rounds, but the people shot had knives. With a gun the safest way to stop it is with another gun

O YES I am scared when a cop stands beside me. Most are ok but there is always the one thats on the power trip. I always laugh because I used to do financing for a dealership and we had an RCMP officer turned down for financing. I asked them why there government trusts them to carry a gun but you don't trust them to lend them money. She told me cops have some of worst credit ratings out there. Thought that was funny.

Funny thing is the RCMP do credit checks on new recruits and disqualifies those with bad credit. Most do have bad credit. My cousin though owns three houses, two townhomes and a house with her fianc?, also an RCMP. All in Langley.

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Funny thing is the RCMP do credit checks on new recruits and disqualifies those with bad credit. Most do have bad credit. My cousin though owns three houses, two townhomes and a house with her fianc?, also an RCMP. All in Langley.

Credit checks are pretty much standard across the board when agency's hire new cops as far as I know.

koenig

Reaction score
Credit checks are pretty much standard across the board when agency's hire new cops as far as I know.

I wasn't sure if it was just them or can see others doing it. 15 years ago they even called us relatives during the background check.

Advantage 1

Reaction score
http://www.havasunews.com/news/inve...cle_a513af72-745c-11e4-a69a-077a764baec9.html

Investigation into Havasu police shooting continues

Posted: Tuesday, November 25, 2014 12:01 am

By BRANDON MESSICK Today?s News-Herald

Justin Roady moved Lake Havasu City in September with his wife and two children. Roady, 33, had no criminal record or prior encounters with Havasu police before Sunday morning, when he was killed by officers in front of his home.

Kingman police detectives are still investigating Roady?s death. Meanwhile, the three officers who shot him are on paid administrative leave.

According to a police report, Roady crashed his car into the garage of his home at just after midnight on Sunday, surprising the babysitter who watched his children. He then entered the residence, retrieved a handgun, exited the house and emptied the weapon into the chassis of both his truck and his wife?s Dodge Charger.

Three Havasu officers confronted Roady, who allegedly aimed his weapon at them. The officers, Brian Jacobs, Jason Johnston and Lorne Jackson, responded with lethal force. Roady was taken by ambulance to Havasu Regional Medical Center, where he died from his wounds.

The officers involved have been placed on routine administrative leave pending an independent investigation into the incident being conducted by the Kingman Police Department.

Roady lived in a middle-class neighborhood where crime had rarely been an issue, according to neighbors. Steve Patterson, Roady?s next door neighbor, has lived in Havasu for 21 years. He didn?t know the victim well.

?As soon as I heard the shots go off, I dove for the floor,? Patterson said. ?After the cops showed up?it sounded like a war movie.?

According to Patterson and neighbor Craig Clark, nothing like this had ever happened before in their neighborhood. Clark lived across the street from Roady, and saw much of what transpired.

?I saw the guy coming out of his garage and start shooting. He raised his pistol and shot the cars and truck in (his own) driveway. There was an argument between him and the cops.?

According to Clark, police told Roady to drop his weapons, and he refused. Shots were fired, and Roady fell in his driveway.

Police didn?t say how many shots officers fired.

Patterson said he looked the vehicles after the shooting and counted 13 bullet holes.

The last fatal shooting by a Havasu police officer took place in 2012, when officers confronted a suicidal man on Lost Dutchman Drive. It was also the first incident in which body-mounted cameras were used by officers to record such an incident.

According to Lake Havasu City Police Sgt. Troy Stirling, dash-cam and body-cam footage from Sunday?s shooting will be made publicly available after the Kingman Police Department and County attorneys complete their review of the footage.

Roady was originally from Worland, Wyo., where he competed as a wrestler at his high school and became Wyoming?s State Champion in 2000. According to Roady?s father, Bill, the reported incident is entirely out of character for Justin.

?This is nothing like him,? Bill said. ?He was a big, gentle guy. He loved his kids dearly, and he loved his wife dearly. He was very well-liked.?

Bill said that he has been trying to get details of the incident from the Havasu and Kingman police departments, but has seen little success.

?We were there three weeks ago, and everything seemed fine. We just don?t understand what happened.?

Justin Roady?s autopsy took place at 2 p.m. Monday. Havasu police believe that alcohol might have been a factor in the victim?s behavior on Sunday morning.
Bullet holes pepper vehicles

Neighbors counted 13 bullet holes in the vehicles that remained in Roady?s driveway after Sunday morning?s shooting.

Attachments

• bullets.jpg
    bullets.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 6

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Pretty nice truck and car.. Just a weird story all together?

prosthogod

Reaction score
I just want to know when us white people are starting the protest against the white cops because they shot a white guy:D