WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

High School Water Polo Update...Proud Dad.

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
I had a thread earlier this year to get opinions on having my Daughter play Varsity or JV Water Polo this year (as a Sophomore). I wanted to give a post season update for those that read the old thread.

She ended up playing Varsity Water Polo and she was a starter. We just had their awards banquet. My Daughter received the following awards:

****Most Improved Player

****All League Team - Honorable Mention - For those that don't know, all the coaches from the league vote on this (I didn't know that is what it meant). This is a big honor for a Sophomore.

****One final thing. They have a Beaded necklace that is awarded every year to a younger girl, by a Senior girl. Then the next year, the younger girl then awards the necklace to a younger girl. She was also selected by the Senior to get the necklace this year.

I am very proud of her. I just wanted to provide an update for those that are interested.

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score
That's really cool. Sounds like she has a bright water polo future ahead of her. You must be stoked!! :thumbup:

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Very cool RT99. I'd be grinning ear to ear.

Good job to both you and Mom and congrats to your daughter on the achievement.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Awesome Scott! !! Glad she filled the roster spot with gusto. I can tell your smile is reaching both earlobes.[emoji3] [emoji106]

6 balls

Reaction score
Congratulations to your daughter!

You should be proud, takes a lot of hard work and dedication on her part. :cool

sirbob

Reaction score
Good for her (and you!)

Nothing better than seeing your kids do well !

Roaddogg 4040

Reaction score
Congratulations to both of you. It sure is nice to hear such good news. You ought to be really proud...:thumbup::thumbup:

Steve

fmo24

Reaction score
Congrats to her. Tell her to keep after it as there is lots of college scholarship money in women's sports

G. Faulk

Reaction score
Congrats to your daughter and her supporting father. Water polo is a great sport.

As a father of a second year of college daughter who had a truly terrific 11 year swimming career I cannot tell the younger parents how important and totally beneficial it is to keep your kids in sports. Sports and commitment not only kept my daughter out of trouble, but it is one of the top factors in her life that has made her the the great young adult she is today. The way she dives into out of her comfort zone things and handles them successfully is just one of the things I feel she learned from swimming. I remember those weekends when a river trip or riding trip came up, but instead we were up as a family, 5:00 am, and off to a swim meet and for sometimes with finals there until 9:00 pm. As I look back on it and what she learned from commitment and sacrifice, I would not give that up or would she, simply for what she gained becoming a young adult. Whether it be water polo, swimming, volleyball, soccer, etc.... keep them in sports for as long as you can.

Bit more in sight, about 8 years ago IBM had a job fair. 70% of the job applicants they took had a swimming back ground.

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
Thank you for all the great responses.

G. Faulk, that is exactly how we look at it. thanks.

G. Faulk

Reaction score
Thank you for all the great responses.

G. Faulk, that is exactly how we look at it. thanks.

My daughters on again off again boyfriend is the goalie for UOP. If your daughter ever has questions about playing devision 1 water polo I'd be happy to get you in contacted with him. He's a great kid and hopefully he has a future with my daughter.

Wait, he might be lurking, he's a total dork and if he treats my daughter crappy I'm going to see if Marcus Mariota is available.:D:D