WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

$781.00

CampbellCarl

Reaction score
These weight classes they make you categorize in is crazy.

They wanted to know weight of my fifth wheel and how many miles I tow per year.

Only one of my vehicles. 2015 F350

Did you tell them it weighs nothing and you tow it zero miles?

ddevore

Reaction score
Out of curiosity how bad is it on a 2015? I can't believe how bad my old 2001 is still.

Chopperman

Reaction score
My F250 was horrible a couple years ago when it was new. Same deal, 6 or 7 hundred bucks. Fricking insane!!

koenig

Reaction score
My 04 Cayenne S is $1,960 per year. But it includes insurance and full collision, etc.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
I still pay $500 a year for my 2008 duramax.....totally ridiculous I feel your pain

NicPaus

Reaction score
Not that exact story but the result was the same.

Categorized me in the smallest weight class for that class pickup.

Just wait til they tag you with a over weight ticket. You must of only got a 15 sticker. The 26 is over $500 on top of registration. For 2015 dually I was thinking at least $1200

I just got back from picking up my Cat from a job. Have to avoid the weight police, so I roll out after hours. No more F450 so I use my Duramax to tow it and not sure how much I can tow without weight sticker. My 450 was work body so weight sticker was a must, had 26 sticker on it.

Jefftowz

Formerly Old School Ultra
Reaction score
My 2012 F350 is registered at 26k and my reg was $1200, my F650's and 1300 each. Fricken ripoff..

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
aaand thats why i buy a SUV. that truck registration cost is BS...

Abc123

Banned
Reaction score
I still pay $500 a year for my 2008 duramax.....totally ridiculous I feel your pain

Wow! I was just thinking about what it would be a few days ago. I had the same year Duramax and it was $550 in 2013 (last year I paid tags). My 2000 v-10 fees were about $400 this year! C'mon its a 14 year old truck! Right?

The weight and commercial fees for pick up trucks are ridiculous in CA. My 08 Tahoe (passenger car registration) fees were under $200.

Like Warpt said, If you put a sung top or she'll over the bed, the DMV will let you register it as a passenger car which will lower the fees some.

Abc123

Banned
Reaction score
You'd think with the millions of dollars per year the dmv collects in fees, more of the money would be used on roads rather than salaries and pensions. We have some really shitty roads compared to most other states. Anyone else notice how much more smooth HWY 40 is after passing Needles? ...And CA has been working on HWY 40 for over a decade! Fucking idiots running this state I tell Ya!

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
These weight classes they make you categorize in is crazy.

They wanted to know weight of my fifth wheel and how many miles I tow per year.

Only one of my vehicles. 2015 F350

You should have bought a Dodge. :D

I'm kidding, the registration is still the same. You just could have avoided having that ugly, racist, tax avoiding, free loading emblem on your grill.

Is any of what I just said true? Hey it's the internet.:p

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
AZ is not much better for reg fees, they go by value on new vehicles.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Just wait til they tag you with a over weight ticket. You must of only got a 15 sticker. The 26 is over $500 on top of registration. For 2015 dually I was thinking at least $1200

I just got back from picking up my Cat from a job. Have to avoid the weight police, so I roll out after hours. No more F450 so I use my Duramax to tow it and not sure how much I can tow without weight sticker. My 450 was work body so weight sticker was a must, had 26 sticker on it.

By the DMV's standards it should be registered as 26k. There are about 5 different weight classes to pick and they immediatley go to the heaviest class. It wasn't until I started asking questions before they explained. To the naive citizen they could be paying almost double what I am. My truck isn't used for business. It's strictly a tow vehicle for my RV.

Put a camper shell on it and register it non commercial. Weight fees will be taken off, that was a $200+ savings on my '86!

I thought this rule went away a few years ago after the DMV caught on to the loophole?

You'd think with the millions of dollars per year the dmv collects in fees, more of the money would be used on roads rather than salaries and pensions. We have some really shitty roads compared to most other states. Anyone else notice how much more smooth HWY 40 is after passing Needles? ...And CA has been working on HWY 40 for over a decade! Fucking idiots running this state I tell Ya!

That's kinda my point. I've been all over this country, and by a long shot, this state has the worst roads in the nation.

You should have bought a Dodge. :D

I'm kidding, the registration is still the same. You just could have avoided having that ugly, racist, tax avoiding, free loading emblem on your grill.

Is any of what I just said true? Hey it's the internet.:p

Ford SUX. It's only a matter of time before the cab is off, turbo is shot, head bolts stretched and oil cooler takes a shit 50 miles West of Parker at 2pm in Mid July. :D

How'd I do?

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
AZ is not much better for reg fees, they go by value on new vehicles.

I didn't even get to how much the tax was on this turd. It's shameful if I shared lol

I'd be curious at what this truck registration would cost in AZ.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Ive noticed highway 40 becomes smooth as silk once you hit AZ state line.

2Driver

Reaction score
Suck it up, those public employee salaries and pensions dont pay for themselves. :bowdown:

Besides, most the 3 million illegals don't pay income tax but have free use of the benifits. Eventually the burden placed on the working citizen starts to take effect doesn't it.

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
I thought this rule went away a few years ago after the DMV caught on to the loophole?

It did I had my 87 reg done that way, but when I tried to o my 03 dually couldn't. Was told I had to have a full camper then reg it so I could pay personal property tax on it.

Chopperman

Reaction score

I sat down a few years ago and did some rough figures on the amount of money Ca should be bringing in just for non commercial vehicle registrations. It was a huge number. In the billions, like 7-8 billion dollars (just a guesstimate) just for non commercial. Now you start adding in commercial vehicle registrations in and that number should easily double if not triple or more. Where does it all go???

Vegaskeith

Reaction score
Just got my renewal last week. 2001 Excursion V-10. $128 NV.

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
I didn't even get to how much the tax was on this turd. It's shameful if I shared lol

I'd be curious at what this truck registration would cost in AZ.

My '09 2500 DMax was high $600's when I bought it in '09. The sticker was about $65K, AZ goes by value, so they get you pretty good on high end stuff. New Moho's and TT's are rediculous also.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
My '09 2500 DMax was high $600's when I bought it in '09. The sticker was about $65K, AZ goes by value, so they get you pretty good on high end stuff. New Moho's and TT's are rediculous also.

That's about what mine would be then. Now I'm curious which state sends which funds where. AZ has better highways than CA and we probably have quadruple the vehicle registrations AZ has.

I have no idea where this revenue is going but it clearly isn't going to the highways here lol

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
That's about what mine would be then. Now I'm curious which state sends which funds where. AZ has better highways than CA and we probably have quadruple the vehicle registrations AZ has.

I have no idea where this revenue is going but it clearly isn't going to the highways here lol

Yup, won't argue we have better roads, at least on the ADOT level. Not so much in the cities though.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
Registration in AZ is only like 8.00 per year, but AZ charges a use tax based on the value of the vehicle. My new Accadia was over 700.00 for the first year.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
Oh, and registration fees don't pay for roads, that comes mostly from gasoline
/fuel taxes.

Rvrluvr

CLAMP ON RACING
Reaction score
I'm getting ready to drop $15,000+ at dmv for 5 work trucks 😪😡

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Registration in AZ is only like 8.00 per year, but AZ charges a use tax based on the value of the vehicle. My new Accadia was over 700.00 for the first year.

Oh, and registration fees don't pay for roads, that comes mostly from gasoline
/fuel taxes.

I just did it online as an estimate and this is the print out it estimated.

This includes tax and registration but I used conservative numbers.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417015920.827029.jpg

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
I'd buy a different vehicle. :D

Is that for a new purchase? If so we also pay a sales tax, which was 4200.00 at the time for the Accadia.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
I'd buy a different vehicle. :D

Is that for a new purchase? If so we also pay a sales tax, which was 4200.00 at the time for the Accadia.

Yes, 2015 F350.

I told the wife that we're going back to our days of tent camping. Throw the kids and her on motorcycle with a sidecar :D

Her taste in 40' 5th wheels is costing me a shit ton in tow vehicle registration lol

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score

That's what I was trying to say, you explained it more clearly, Thanks!
[emoji6]

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score

You just hit the nail on the head ! Old Willie Brown , ex Gov of San Francisco , stated on John and Ken one night a while back :
for every dollar the state takes in for revenue , $.80 goes back out to salaries and pensions ...F me !

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
You just hit the nail on the head ! Old Willie Brown , ex Gov of San Francisco , stated on John and Ken one night a while back :
for every dollar the state takes in for revenue , $.80 goes back out to salaries and pensions ...F me !

Don't worry about it... We're getting 5 miles of high speed train through Bakersfield :D

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
Just got my 03 chevy dually $355. I can change to az for $76 or $133 for 2 years(also no smog).

NicPaus

Reaction score
So what weight class did you go with for that low fee?

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
they don't have weight classes in AZ for non commercial trucks and personal trucks are non commercial.

2Driver

Reaction score
I had an H1 for awhile it was over $2K for the tag. LOL my 99 TJ is $25.

aka619er

That Guy.....
Reaction score
Just got my 03 chevy dually $355. I can change to az for $76 or $133 for 2 years(also no smog).

What is this smog stuff you speak of? Is that what my diesels pump out of their exhaust freely? I absolutely love the fact there is no smog requirments or check stations in Yuma. Such a scam.

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
What is this smog stuff you speak of? Is that what my diesels pump out of their exhaust freely? I absolutely love the fact there is no smog requirments or check stations in Yuma. Such a scam.

No smog here either, live just outside the boundry.:)

warpt71

Lower River Lover
Reaction score

I don't think so? I did mine maybe 3 years ago. Just asked to have it registered non commercial, gal asked if it had a permanently attached camper (bolted down). She also told me to reverse the reg if I ever took the shell off so that I wouldn't get a ticket for carrying something in the bed. I really wasn't worried about it seeing as how I have a personalized plate and there is no way to tell commercial or not by the plate anymore. Now, my results may have been different, I was at the DMV a lot registering work trucks every couple months, the girl knew me, and who I worked for lol. My reg did go from a $300+ to just a tick over $100! I'd be finding a shell to borrow and asking lot of questions at the DMV if I were you, it will only save you money, can't cost ya anymore right?!?

Abc123

Banned
Reaction score
Don't worry about it... We're getting 5 miles of high speed train through Bakersfield :D

Lol!

Have you seen the $184,000,000 (not including indefinite operating expenses) tax payer funded train station they are building across from Angel Stadium? Aside from it being hideous to look at, what a total waste of money! My first thought was, "Cool! I can ride the train to Staples, get drunk, watch a Laker game then take an Uber home from the station". Well I read in some OC Register article that the station will only be open during "commuter hours". Do our politicians think people only work 9-5 like them?