WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

The Pantry Restraurant

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
Me and my buddy are going to the Car Show tomorrow in LA and they don't open until 10:00 so we thought about doing the Pantry in LA for breakfast. I haven't been there in about 20 years and checked the menu - holy crap! That place expensive!
From what I remember is they give you large portions, the food isn't any better than any regular coffee shop - nothing special about their food, just a lot of it.

Has anything changed?

McRib

aka HWlaser23, "B" team member
Reaction score
I'm not a fan. Big portions but taste is lacking.

Sun burners

Reaction score
Less food more $$$. Still the same taste, Philleps has Bfast and beer?

primetime

Reaction score
Use to be owned by ex mayor Richard rerden(sp). Not sure if he still does.Closed a few years back due to infestation. Big portions but service and quality went way downhill.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I like it. Used to go when were were building the ritz Marriott

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
We are hitting the car show on Saturday morning and were also thinking about going to the Pantry. I havent been there in years.

Me and my buddy are going to the Car Show tomorrow in LA and they don't open until 10:00 so we thought about doing the Pantry in LA for breakfast. I haven't been there in about 20 years and checked the menu - holy crap! That place expensive!
From what I remember is they give you large portions, the food isn't any better than any regular coffee shop - nothing special about their food, just a lot of it.

Has anything changed?

obnoxious001

Engine building character
Reaction score

Has anything changed?

Omelet wasn't bad a few weeks ago, prices a bit high. One of my friends from Sweden had a night time layover at LAX, so we ran up there and toured Hollywood for a bit before he continued his trip to Texas for the F1 race.

El Rojo

Reaction score
I've only eaten there when I was drunk...still wasn't good

grumpy88

Reaction score
To top it off parking sucks and cash only ! Good to be the mayor !

Luvnlife

Head Ram Rod
Reaction score
I liked the way it tasted but it has become smaller portions and higher prices. C-mon anyone can fry an egg

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Is that the joint in Anehiem not far from the Disneyland gates?

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
We blew out breakfast and ended up going to Oinkster in Eagle Rock for a late lunch.
Now I'm ready for a nape.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I was on that project.....remember all the stone floors cracking in the kitchens?

Yea i remember lots of issues on that job. That was my first real job site when I was 19 or 20 [emoji4]

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Yea i remember lots of issues on that job. That was my first real job site when I was 19 or 20 [emoji4]
What a cluster fuck that job was. The specified acoustic flooring underlayment caused the travertine and marble flooring to crack. We had to have all the kitchen casework from floors 27-52 un-installed, stored, them re-installed after the floors were replaced. That includes all the built in appliances. Major trade damage ensues of course.....

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
What a cluster fuck that job was. The specified acoustic flooring underlayment caused the travertine and marble flooring to crack. We had to have all the kitchen casework from floors 27-52 un-installed, stored, them re-installed after the floors were replaced. That includes all the built in appliances. Major trade damage ensues of course.....

Those are all the floors I was on plus the roof. I did a lot of scrapping out and stocking. Then a few months of fire stop and a little bit of back [emoji106]Aderholt probably got the damaged drywall