WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Re-gel sand rash on DCB 26

4czn10

Reaction score
I'm thinking of purchasing a DCB 26, but there is some rash on the sponsons. It doesn't looked like anything major, but at the curve of the sponson it has gone through the gel coat. Can anyone give me a rough estimate, and any recommendations ?

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Same issue on mine. Curious to see what this costs on a Cat hull.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Is it white? And is there any glass damage?

hav19

Big Member
Reaction score
Is it white? And is there any glass damage?

Yes White - I think you live about 3 miles from me, you're more then welcome to come look....

Left S.jpg

right S.jpg

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
That's pretty minor, expect to do it every three seasons or so if you beach a lot

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Yeah, that's pretty typical,a only just cosmetic, your not way down into the core

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Unless you are looking for exacting perfection 1500 seems high to me? On both sponsons I would think less then a grand.. (Truthfully I would expect 500 bucks or so.. But gel prices across all the shops seem to be going up this last year)

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
Just did it this summer to my F29. 1500

Singleton

Reaction score
I have done mine twice since purchasing the boat. Every 3rd or 4th season (consider it part of my maintenance). The average has been 1500.

Singleton

Reaction score
Unless you are looking for exacting perfection 1500 seems high to me? On both sponsons I would think less then a grand.. (Truthfully I would expect 500 bucks or so.. But gel prices across all the shops seem to be going up this last year)

Have you not figured it out, you get RD pricing since you own this site, everyone else pays retail.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Have you not figured it out, you get RD pricing since you own this site, everyone else pays retail.

I will get some quotes on Monday from Rons and Saleen as well as a few other shops here in town..

VoodooMedMan

Inmate #446
Reaction score
I'm with RD thinking less than a grand. Not 500 though.

Give Absolute a shot to quote. They fixed some gel for me in a spot where the rub rail had to be moved and it had to be color matched and blended with a fade. I defy anyone to figure out where it is. Very happy with the work. Their guy used to do gel at Nordic. Quoted prices were very reasonable too.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
RiverDave,

any luck or suggestions?

I'm sorry man, I was slammed getting ready for the Holidays, then we took off, and I kind of forgot all about it. I will ask Pedro and Ron to take a look at this tomorrow, and see what they have to say. :)

RD

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Sweet.. I'm thinking the tax man is going to be very good to me this year and I might have a bit left over to handle this repair. If I do it right, I work a drop off in Havasu, then a vacation attached to the pickup:thumbup:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Pedro from Saleen said he would gel about 13' back. 1300.00 dollars to fix it and that would include an acid wash of the entire bottom of the boat as well.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
We almost tripled our 500 [emoji51][emoji51]

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
So 1500 to repair beach rash?

I didn't hear back from Ron, but have to see him today anyways so I'll ask him for the quote. .

In these pics, it looks a little more then just some cosmetic gel. The second problem is they have to lift the boat to fix it all correctly, so yes it's kinda expensive.

I'm absolutely the wrong guy to ask what shit costs.. But I would've figured that to be a 600-700.00 problem. Saleen is one of the cheaper shops in town though so if they said 1300.00 I'd expect other bids to come in higher.

RD

hallett21

Reaction score
I didn't hear back from Ron, but have to see him today anyways so I'll ask him for the quote. .

In these pics, it looks a little more then just some cosmetic gel. The second problem is they have to lift the boat to fix it all correctly, so yes it's kinda expensive.

I'm absolutely the wrong guy to ask what shit costs.. But I would've figured that to be a 600-700.00 problem. Saleen is one of the cheaper shops in town though so if they said 1300.00 I'd expect other bids to come in higher.

RD

I'm coming down to havasu in the next few weeks to get the boat serviced and take care of stuff while the weather is cooler. I wanted to look at getting some gel coat repairs done as well. Beaching rash and a chip by the bow eye. Just trying to get a pricing idea before heading down

fmo24

Reaction score
I'm coming down to havasu in the next few weeks to get the boat serviced and take care of stuff while the weather is cooler. I wanted to look at getting some gel coat repairs done as well. Beaching rash and a chip by the bow eye. Just trying to get a pricing idea before heading down
I have used Steve at Superior Fiberglass a couple of times. Very reasonable and does nice work. He is a young guy trying to make a go of it. His shop is back behind Big O tire

asa400ex

Reaction score
I also need to get this done in the next month or so. Is the consensus still the same? Or does anybody have any new suggestions. I was thinking about starting with Nordic. Any other shops that people have had good experiences with?

hallett21

Reaction score
I also need to get this done in the next month or so. Is the consensus still the same? Or does anybody have any new suggestions. I was thinking about starting with Nordic. Any other shops that people have had good experiences with?

Nordic completed my boat a little over a month ago. Did the beach rash as well as some other gouges, scratches and interior repairs. Boat turned out looking brand new on the repair spots. I would recommend their work.

My only criticism would be that when I showed up I was showed where my boat was and told it was ready. No one went over the work with me. Not a huge issue as I inspected the boat myself but still something I would have appreciated.

1990 vector never had any gel repair on the bottom. 1500 is a realistic price IMO.

VoodooMedMan

Inmate #446
Reaction score

Absolute

VoodooMedMan

Inmate #446
Reaction score

Absolute