WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

1994 cole 22' skier...454 330hp bravo one

tkrrox

Reaction score
i sold this. but i figure i would review.
it had a 21 4blade
top speed was 58
cruising was around 40
fit and finish was impressive...
gel was amazing.
room inside with reverse seats was great and very roomy for it's size. we normally had 4 adults and 4 kids under 8.
pulled skiers and tubes great.

cons...
it needed tab input...i was never able to run it with the tabs all the way up or it would be a porpoising sum uva bich..
i felt that it kept the boat from reaching full potential...58 seemed slow to me with a 454???
it did a real funny thing when you turned...it wouldn't really, it was the craziest thing. it would stand on it's side and keep going straight.
don't get me wrong it will turn, just not hard or fast...it was worst turning left...i could lean so far it would get my wife's hair wet...kind of the joke...literally the rub rail would be in the water. once used to it no big deal, just never had a boat do it before.

would i own another one....in a heartbeat...it was quirky but that was a great small lake boat. it didn't like mead storms at all, but not many boats do.

cole_skier

Reaction score
What is a turn fin????

RD are you talking about a bottom fin. If so would that make difference in the boat rolling so far on its side. Mine is a 97 and does the same thing.

tkrrox

Reaction score
RD are you talking about a bottom fin. If so would that make difference in the boat rolling so far on its side. Mine is a 97 and does the same thing.

I was playing with a 5 blade before I sold it and it was a lot better. I also talked to a guy who used to work for cole and he said a revolution 4 would be a good prop to try.

Do you notice the same with the trim tabs?

cole_skier

Reaction score
Thanks on the prop info. I have not seen the porpoising problem. It does not seem to like a bunch of trim though. I run it most of the time with the tabs up. It runs 63 on GPS.

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
i noticed in my bahner with the tabs down that it would impact turning. and turning one way was much worse than the other. i chocked it up to the fact that the propeller turns a direction and probably creates a better turning situation. but pulling the tabs up and drive a little bit and raising the bow would help me turn.