WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

...So This Happened Now What Do I Do???...

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
...Thanks...hopfully the pros will be able to get it done...

I'm not sure what part of CA you are in, but let me know so I can find the local office to turn in your man card.

Make a plan, Hook it up, stand uphill with the winch remote, give it a pull and see what happens. You might just find out that you have a pair of balls. If shit goes super sideways, you have insurance on the dodge. Just try being a man "pre" all this call for help bullshit.. Ya might like it.

That's my 1.00 worth..

RD

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
I'm not sure what part of CA you are in, but let me know so I can find the local office to turn in your man card.

Make a plan, Hook it up, stand uphill with the winch remote, give it a pull and see what happens. You might just find out that you have a pair of balls. If shit goes super sideways, you have insurance on the dodge. Just try being a man "pre" all this call for help bullshit.. Ya might like it.

That's my 1.00 worth..

RD

...lol... You really think thats that's a dollars worth???... ...Here's the big problem with all that... ...Earlier when you suggested I check for hair on my balls I immediately ran to the bathroom and looked... ...What a shock...plenty there,...but its all grey... Thats when I realized it was all over for me... ...Tomorrow I'm going to try and make a deal with some big girls down at the local fruit packing plant...There's some future Roller Derby Queens and Mud Wrestlers right there... ...They can just muscle it out... ...Then we can head back up to my place and I can thrill them with storys of what it takes to be a top notch Lesbo in the Hollywood film industry...

...You know doing this myself could really cut into my watching Dvd's and sleeping till noon vacation up here...

...I actually thought the Blazer was completely insured for this kind of stuff... ...I had just put the new tags on it and was standing there holding my proof of insurance card from 21st Century and some corporate insurance lady tells me over the phone that all of my vehicles up here only have storage insurance on them... ...if thats the case why are they sending me proof of insurance cards and the DMV sending me new tags???... ...More about that issue later...

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
Wait, you mean you have to use a vehicle just to get to your daily driver? Damn, your are isolated.

... You think that sounds weird wait till I tell you how I'm going to get my groceries today if it is not sufficiently dry enough for a full pull so to speak, down and up in a 2 Wheel Dr. vehicle... ... Going to drive the yellow diesel Benz that I keep up top to about three quarters of the way down the driveway then take my homemade pseudo-backpack and walk about a quarter of a mile down to the brown Benz,..then I will take the brown Benz...to the store and lightly stock up... ...The return is just the reverse... ...The quarter mile walk back up wouldnt be that tough if it wasn't a 20% uphill grade... ...Remember I am dealing with an old and very abused body here..

image.jpg image.jpg

Meaney77

Reaction score

That's my 1.00 worth..

RD

Well said!!! Make it happen, really whats the worst that can happen?!! This is the kinda shit that keeps you young and alive!!

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
Shit... Wish you were closer. I'd grab some RDP'rs. This looks like a fun recovery.

... You know a little brushclearing below and we could probably sell tickets for a buck apiece get a pretty good audience and roll that mofo right down into the ravine...

dread Pirate

Reaction score
Shit... Wish you were closer. I'd grab some RDP'rs. This looks like a fun recovery.

Shit like this is like Thursday afternoon for me. I could have a show called "Humboldt Dumbass" with the crap that goes on.

I had a bobcat in a similar situation last spring. Except it was 150' drop and it was a rental! Hooked to the low side of it with the biggest chain I had, hooked it to the beat F350 with a 500 gallons of water in it for weight and told my wife "Stand on it and don't stop for nothing!" Came right out which then led to several hours of drinking and finishing the job the next day with a nasty hangover.

NicPaus

Reaction score

That's my 1.00 worth..

RD

You miss the post where he states his age? Imagine just him and his wife and trying to convince her to get in the blazer to steer it while he tries to pull it out does not sound like a good Idea with a 150' ravine on one side.

Most insurance companies do not cover off highway. I recall a few times where we had to drag a vehicle out the dunes and flip it back over on the road.

YoPengo

Inmate #47
Reaction score
Shit like this is like Thursday afternoon for me. I could have a show called "Humboldt Dumbass" with the crap that goes on.

I had a bobcat in a similar situation last spring. Except it was 150' drop and it was a rental! Hooked to the low side of it with the biggest chain I had, hooked it to the beat F350 with a 500 gallons of water in it for weight and told my wife "Stand on it and don't stop for nothing!" Came right out which then led to several hours of drinking and finishing the job the next day with a nasty hangover.

That is the best part... Telling stories and drinking beer after with your buddies.

530RL

Reaction score
Willie,

Sorry to hear your Blazer is stuck.

Nice to hear so many people of this community would help if they were closer by.

Nice Community. :thumbup:

Merry Christmas.

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
...I just discovered something... ...If I mapquest 8870 OroQuincy Hwy Berry Creek ca 95916...that might get to the beginning of my driveway... ...Well as Mapquest has it they are calling my driveway Canyon Creek Road which it is not...

...If you google Canyon Creek Road 95916,...It should take you to the real Canyon Creek Rd,...then if you scroll up a bit it should take you to a second Canyon Creek Rd,...well thats my driveway... ...Then you may be able to follow my driveway to my building sight At the end of the left fork in the road...both the left fork and right fork are mine...Also what I discovered is if you scroll to the right of my building site to what would be about 1/4 of mile away just before Little Ridge Rd,...scroll up a couple of hundred feet...It appears my neighbors have quite an interesting crop of something or other growing...Looks like about 24 plants...

...As of this moment they are legal,..but after the first of the year their crop had better be gone...
...On the November ballot were 2 Marijuana issues... The first would have severly limited the quantity of Med Pot someone could grow... ...The second would have made my 27 acres legal to grow 72 mature plants...Although I havent smoked pot since the '60's in college,...I was hoping the second would pass as I was hoping to get some serious cash for my property... ...Well the first passed and the second was defeated,...which means my property would be only legal to grow a 10' x15' patch... ...From what I understand that would be about 4 plants...

...For the past several years the growers have been leaving Humbolt and coming up here,...Where I'm assuming they have been raking in the money...
...From what I've heard many are just walking away from their acreage up here and leaving no forwarding address...probably just refering it it as an incidental expense???...

...So Dread Pilot,...they are all coming back to you...:rolleyes

...Can't wait till the next Mapquest photos...I'll be able to see what my Blazer looks like on it's side from the air...:yikes

warpt71

Lower River Lover
Reaction score
This area?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1418985822273.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1418985822273.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 13
  • uploadfromtaptalk1418985835060.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1418985835060.jpg
    187 KB · Views: 16

dread Pirate

Reaction score

...For the past several years the growers have been leaving Humbolt and coming up here,...Where I'm assuming they have been raking in the money...
...From what I've heard many are just walking away from their acreage up here and leaving no forwarding address...probably just refering it it as an incidental expense???...

...So Dread Pilot,...they are all coming back to you...:rolleyes

...Can't wait till the next Mapquest photos...I'll be able to see what my Blazer looks like on it's side from the air...:yikes

The pics are from last summer at the earliest, so no Blazer and the plants won't be there anymore. They aren't growing on your land right?

They aren't just coming from here, but all over the country. The Bulgarians are the ones with the big $ and buying up all the property lately. Then there's all the Michigan and Wisconsin green rushers. Just gotta watch all the out of state plates run from the grow shops to ?.:rolleyes 27 plants is nothing compared to people growing 1000's in greenhouses like what's going on here. Hell to make any $ you have to grow 1000 with the prices anymore. Guess that's why I'm broke! :D 10'x15' will allow someone to grow a nice garden for their own use and maybe hook a few friends up at X-Mas. From those pics I doubt they got 20 pounds which would be about $20-25K. Lot of work and risk for not that much $.

edit; looked at the pics again. Maybe 2-3 pound plants if they knew what they are doing. Little better paycheck, but by the time you pay your help, land, etc. Is it really worth it?

War Canoe

Stainless Member
Reaction score
Are you at 586 Canyon Creek? 071-380-006 ?

I am the Assessor Appraiser of Butte County...You are in my area. Spoke with RT99 this morning about your truck. Looking at parcel quest at my office, am I correct with the address? Maybe Scott and I can assist you.

Scott N
War Canoe ...your Outboard Church Reverend !!

Attachments

• Scarlata 336 2014.jpg
    Scarlata 336 2014.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 17

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
Are you at 586 Canyon Creek? 071-380-006 ?

I am the Assessor Appraiser of Butte County...You are in my area. Spoke with RT99 this morning about your truck. Looking at parcel quest at my office, am I correct with the address? Maybe Scott and I can assist you.

Scott Nolind
War Canoe ...your Outboard Church Reverend !!

...Hi Scott...
...My parcel is 071 046 016 I'm not on Canyon Creek Road although Mapquest says I am...Not to sure how they came up with that...(thanks Mapquest now Scott may be forced to raise my property taxes)..lol..
...I used to use have all my UPS and Fedex sent to the girls at Pioneer Shipping...nice ladys...(tell them Willie says hi)...
...I initially thought about calling Pioneer Auto Body to get some direction on towing services,..(I guess that is your brothers place... ...I'm hoping to get a couple of rigs up here as I have been talking to Chante at Stars and Stripes Towing...But we need a break in the weather...

...If you might happen to know anyone with a reliable inexpensive 4x4 for sale that would be a big help for getting in and out considering our current weather conditions... ...I need something that is a pretty good mudder...

...Im getting ready to call Roger that 99 if that is the other Scott you are refering to???..

Thanks...Willie

War Canoe

Stainless Member
Reaction score
...Hi Scott...
...My parcel is 071 046 016 I'm not on Canyon Creek Road although Mapquest says I am...Not to sure how they came up with that...(thanks Mapquest now Scott may be forced to raise my property taxes)..lol..
...I used to use have all my UPS and Fedex sent to the girls at Pioneer Shipping...nice ladys...(tell them Willie says hi)...
...I initially thought about calling Pioneer Auto Body to get some direction on towing services,..(I guess that is your brothers place... ...I'm hoping to get a couple of rigs up here as I have been talking to Chante at Stars and Stripes Towing...But we need a break in the weather...

...If you might happen to know anyone with a reliable inexpensive 4x4 for sale that would be a big help for getting in and out considering our current weather conditions... ...I need something that is a pretty good mudder...

...Im getting ready to call Roger that 99 if that is the other Scott you are refering to???..

Thanks...Willie
Yes. Hope you get that thing back on the road. I know my brother uses King Towing...

I'll be seeing Racquel tonight, I'll say hi for you!

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
Yes. Hope you get that thing back on the road. I know my brother uses King Towing...

I'll be seeing Racquel tonight, I'll say hi for you!

...When I started my search All I got from King was a voicemail... called them a bunch of times???...

dread Pirate

Reaction score
If you don't want to spend a lot of $, but want a good wheeler with license plates. Here are some local options you may be interested in.

http://redding.craigslist.org/search/cto?query=samurai

A good used Honda 4x4 quad is always a nice piece of equipment to have as well. Wish I was closer. I'd have it out for you in a few minutes with only a payment of beer and some bench racing. Good luck and I hope it doesn't cost you too much.

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
If you don't want to spend a lot of $, but want a good wheeler with license plates. Here are some local options you may be interested in.

http://redding.craigslist.org/search/cto?query=samurai

A good used Honda 4x4 quad is always a nice piece of equipment to have as well. Wish I was closer. I'd have it out for you in a few minutes with only a payment of beer and some bench racing. Good luck and I hope it doesn't cost you too much.

...I suppose a quad would work for getting up and down to the go to town car...but probably wouldnt be much help when it come to hauling stuff up the hill,...propane,...gas for the gen in my solar power system etc...

...Indeed to bad you are not closer,...As I drove a fueler in the '60's and have some pretty good stories...

dread Pirate

Reaction score
...I suppose a quad would work for getting up and down to the go to town car...but probably wouldnt be much help when it come to hauling stuff up the hill,...propane,...gas for the gen in my solar power system etc...

...Indeed to bad you are not closer,...As I drove a fueler in the '60's and have some pretty good stories...

Might have to make the drive for some of those stories.:thumbup:

The Blazer should do the job fine. Just need to get it out and think about putting a winch on it. Or get one of the hitch mount winch setups so you can switch ends when needed and lock it away when you aren't there. Add some rock to the slippery area's and enjoy the view.

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
Might have to make the drive for some of those stories.:thumbup:

The Blazer should do the job fine. Just need to get it out and think about putting a winch on it. Or get one of the hitch mount winch setups so you can switch ends when needed and lock it away when you aren't there. Add some rock to the slippery area's and enjoy the view.

...I just thought of something...the winch on my dodge is a slider hitch mount...
...Take it off the dodge ...put it in the slider on the back of the blazer if the pin hole will line up,...Hook the 60 foot long or 15 feet long jumper cables I have to some battery or other...

...Aw???...never mind I just realized I was coming up with easily the most rediculous idea yet...

...Before this happened I had just been thinking about some culverts and paving/concreting the portions of the driveway that need it...for easy year round access...For some reason my thoughts on that have been waning in the last few days ???...

...The reason the slider and winch got put on the front of the dodge in the first place was that the Blazer slid into some wet clay the year before about 20 feet in front of where I park the dodge and camper...if there had been a winch on the front of the Dodge then,...It would have been a no brainer...hook the winch to the front of the Blazer,...chain the dodge to a tree and there you go,...just slide the Blazer back onto the granite...and drive it away...

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
If you can put the winch on the blazer then problem solved. Hook it on the rear, no need for a second anchored vehicle. Run a second line up the hill hill from the drivers side to ensure it doesn't slip sideways on you, then pull straight back.

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
If you can put the winch on the blazer then problem solved. Hook it on the rear, no need for a second anchored vehicle. Run a second line up the hill hill from the drivers side to ensure it doesn't slip sideways on you, then pull straight back.

...might be able to rent more chain or tow straps in town. For the stablizing...as long as it is stablized at 90* it cant go down hill???...hmmm???...
...would have to remove the connecter to the winch and tape my long jumper cables to the bare wires...
...would take some dirt removal so the winch wouldnt dig itself in...

Moneypit

Ol' school kid..........
Reaction score
You said there was a TREE up hill, just one?? Strong enough? I'd try a chain from Blazer front frame, out and back in to rear frame, kind of a triangle, hooked to a stout "come along" in the middle, and the come along chained to the tree... Just pull it sideways through the soft mud... I, like others, wish I was closer. I've got 100' of stout chain in 20' lengths... Hmmm, any logging trucks parked in your neighbor's yards?? They usually have tons of chains..
IMO, if you try pulling from the drop off side you'll roll it over and down the drop off... Pull from the "road" side, I'm betting it'll just drag over/through the mud crown it's bottomed out on..

Willie, 60s fueler? Which one??
BTW, beautiful place to live. You just have to put up with circumstances we "flatlanders" can't even imagine.... Still, I'll bet you have no intentions of leaving there.... "It's not just a house, it's an adventure"!!!!
Ray

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
You said there was a TREE up hill, just one?? Strong enough? I'd try a chain from Blazer front frame, out and back in to rear frame, kind of a triangle, hooked to a stout "come along" in the middle, and the come along chained to the tree... Just pull it sideways through the soft mud... I, like others, wish I was closer. I've got 100' of stout chain in 20' lengths... Hmmm, any logging trucks parked in your neighbor's yards?? They usually have tons of chains..
IMO, if you try pulling from the drop off side you'll roll it over and down the drop off... Pull from the "road" side, I'm betting it'll just drag over/through the mud crown it's bottomed out on..

Willie, 60s fueler? Which one??
BTW, beautiful place to live. You just have to put up with circumstances we "flatlanders" can't even imagine.... Still, I'll bet you have no intentions of leaving there.... "It's not just a house, it's an adventure"!!!!
Ray

...Probably some logging trucks stored in and around town for the off season...
...I had thought about triangulation off the frame but my come along is of the on sale at harbor freight variety...

...I drove the Vanover/ Bryden Enderle injected chevy fueler... (Vanover Engineering...Lankershim and Strathern...He perfected the first workable roller rockers for small block chevys) ...Held both ends of The 1320 D/Fuel record for a minute...Since we were a few cubic inches over the class limit we decided to not persue the continuation of running it in D/Fuel...at the time it was a legal C/fueler...
...John Tarzan Austin also drove it at some point... ...When the big inch motor went in,..Jeep Hampshire drove it and the car did well at the Beach...Supposedly Dave Jeffers also drove it???...The car was for real,...took out a lot of the blown Chrysler cars...
...After the car was sold it went to Nor Cal and ran at Freemont as the Glaspy Vierra and Brandy A/FD...it was then that it held both ends of the NHRA A/FD record...
...Jeep had actually run quite a bit quicker than what they held the ET record at...???...

...I'm sure you will agree with me that those were some real fun days of drag racing...

...With the weather I feel like I'm walking around in a tropical rain forest up here...Simply beautiful...

Moneypit

Ol' school kid..........
Reaction score
...Probably some logging trucks stored in and around town for the off season...
...I had thought about triangulation off the frame but my come along is of the on sale at harbor freight variety...

...I drove the Vanover/ Bryden Enderle injected chevy fueler... (Vanover Engineering...Lankershim and Strathern...He perfected the first workable roller rockers for small block chevys) ...Held both ends of The 1320 D/Fuel record for a minute...Since we were a few cubic inches over the class limit we decided to not persue the continuation of running it in D/Fuel...at the time it was a legal C/fueler...
...John Tarzan Austin also drove it at some point... ...When the big inch motor went in,..Jeep Hampshire drove it and the car did well at the Beach...Supposedly Dave Jeffers also drove it???...The car was for real,...took out a lot of the blown Chrysler cars...
...After the car was sold it went to Nor Cal and ran at Freemont as the Glaspy Vierra and Brandy A/FD...it was then that it held both ends of the NHRA A/FD record...
...Jeep had actually run quite a bit quicker than what they held the ET record at...???...

...I'm sure you will agree with me that those were some real fun days of drag racing...

I go back to the 60s, the beach, San Fernando, Irwindale, and the occasional trip over to the old strip near Vegas... Was that "Eldorado" raceway??? I remember $50.00 tow money for California door slammers to show up to fill the classes....Long before "bracket" racing. You either ran a loosely enforced "stock" class, or "Gas"... AGS was the class to watch, and the AF/A was the class to "hope" they made it down the track without hitting a guard rail... Then came the "Mod Production" guys, altered wheel base cars, the forerunners of the 'floppers", AA/FC.... And who can forget the A/FX cars? Ford, Mopar were the heavy hitters with their factory teams... And yeah, the SBC front motored injected fuelers were always good for a surprise victory against a huge blown hemi.... The "Mouse motor" against the "Elephant" and "Rat Motors" ....

I long for those days again... The only "data" collected was the timing slip and the driver's "seat of the pants" evaluation... I'd really like to see the current 1/4 mile stuff back to 1/4 mile and the elimination of ALL the computer collected "data".... That would solve the issue of THE only short track, Englishtown, and let them go back to 1320'...Sorry, IMO 1000' isn't a race, it's a driver's license qualification pass...:D
Ray
PS Yeah, I cheated a B/Gas Ford into D/Gas by claiming smaller inches. Gas was ruled by Cu in and weight and I never ran well enough to get torn down!!! It was more fun to be in the same zip code through the lights..

traquer

Reaction score
My ghetto one man, one winch, one comealong solution (if you don't mind a little damage): tie some stout mooring rope or chain around the roof of the truck with the windows down, loop it as many times as you can and spread it out as much as you can towards both pillars, try to distribute the weight. Attach the hook end of your winch to this rope deal and mount the winch on the big tree uphill. Here comes the fun part.. Winch your truck sideways and tilt it past where it's level and not high centered anymore, and keep winching to where it's sitting nicely on the driver side tired and angles towards the hill. Don't overdo it and roll it on its side, but just enough. Once your there, you can just turn the steering wheel in l, and either push or pull the truck whichever direction you want and let it pivot around the tree you're hooked to. I'd probably hook a comealong to front axle, pound the biggest stake you can in the middle of the road and just pull it straight forwaed and let the one tire steer you in to the middle of the road until your rear driver side tire clears the drop. Sounds stupid (probably is). You guys think it would work, I think so.

Roaddogg 4040

Reaction score
You have to remember that blazers have plastic roofs not steel. I don't think that I would want to try and tip that truck up with the roof. Just my opinion though...:)
Wish I was closer and was able able to help another old guy... lol Good Luck

Steve

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
You have to remember that blazers have plastic roofs not steel. I don't think that I would want to try and tip that truck up with the roof. Just my opinion though...:)
Wish I was closer and was able able to help another old guy... lol Good Luck

Steve

...Thanks... This is a 79 and it has a partial steel roof even with that I still wouldn't try to do it that way...

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
... I had another idea texted to me last night from a good friend which actually sounds pretty simple...

... Anchor,...Im assuming, the uphill side of the front of the Blazer to the oak tree 30 feet up the Side of the hill
Make sure the cable is exactly 90* to the blazer...
...Before the cable is attached to the Blazer,...mark the path the cable will travel as the Blazer is being pulled back...in other words that cable is going to create a radius an arc as the Blazer is pulled back...
...drive the dodge and camper down to the highway and turn it around and head back up...(this could only be done if there has been no rain for at least 2 days)...pull the dodge up to a stratigic point in the anchor cable arc...
...shovel away the dirt behind the Blazer so as it is pulled back it wont get hung up...
...Extend the winch cable to the rear of the blazer...
...Hook the winch cable to either the uphill tow hook,...downhill tow hook or the trailer hitch ball,..not sure about that part...Throw a couple of furniture pads over the winch cable in case it snaps...
...With the remote,...slowly start pulling the Blazer backwards,..trans in neutral front wheels turned slightly to compensate for the anchor cable arc/radius...
...The dodge and winch might have to be moved several times on the arc unless you were lucky enough to have hit the sweet spot the first time???...

...Sounds pretty logical to me...???

Let me give you a bit of my friends towing background,...well first off he is a world class guitarist,...he has a studio where he engineers,...produces and records various artist/musicians...
...he designed quit a bit of the initial sound system at the feather falls casino...
...he is the guy who mixes the sound for whoever is playing at the casino...front of house sound guy... The casino has had some pretty big names come through there...
...He now hosts a pretty big blues jam once a month at the casino...and a twice a year blues festival...
...has toured with Merle Haggard,...and David Gates of Bread etc,..etc...

...Plus and Im not sure about this part but I think he helped push start a car once...???...lol...

...In other words he is a lot smarter than I am...

...I can see it all now,..the headlines of the local paper will read,.."Musician Saves Doomed Blazer"...story on page 2...

...Pretty sure he was figureing this out as he was mixing the sound for the chris gardner band (a country artist) at the casino...as I got the text at about 2:30 am which is about the time he would have gotten home...

NicPaus

Reaction score
His idea would work. If the blazer is anchored up the hill and you winch it from the back with wheels at the right angle. The cable up hill will get tight and bring the blazer towards the road as it is winched backwards.

Has the rain cleared enough to drive the dodge out?

Reaction score
His idea would work. If the blazer is anchored up the hill and you winch it from the back with wheels at the right angle. The cable up hill will get tight and bring the blazer towards the road as it is winched backwards.

Has the rain cleared enough to drive the dodge out?

or the tree at the right angle of the blazer will get so much resistance that it falls onto the blazer. has anybody thought to ask if he has towing insurance? just call them up and have them worry about it. they should be able to have it out by christmas

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
Hoping for good weather Monday Tuesday and Wednesday???.. To get the tow rigs up here...

... Thought I was fully insured till I talked to my insurance company although I had my proof of insurance card in my hand they said I only had storage insurance???...

...I'm trying to load a picture of the blazer looking at it from the rear which I guess I had initially forgotten to do???...

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
Today's view sunny I am still a little bit nervous about bringing the tow rigs up tomorrow which is also supposed to be sunny as There are still a few slick spots... Probably best to give the tow operator a ride up in one of the Benz's before he tries to bring a rig up so he knows exactly what he's dealing with???...

image.jpg

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
...Well ,...well,.. First attempt at getting a couple of wreckers up here to get the blazer out,... fail fail fail...
... The first 2 Wheel Dr. Mid size wrecker couldn't get past the first muddy spot...:grumble:

... Anybody know of any towing companies in northern California that might have two midsize four-wheel-drive wreckers???...

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
... It's finally out!!!... ... All it took was the right equipment and it was a piece a cake... ... I was finally able to locate a towing company with a midsize four-wheel-drive wrecker they zipped right up the driveway pulled up ahead of the blazer put one winch on the low side tow hook and one winch on the high side tow hook to steady and level it... ... They lifted the blazer from the low side hook leveled it up some took the boom on the wrecker and just moved it towards the road,...dropped it down moved the wrecker back some towards the blazer and repeated the process, then just pulled the blazer forward,...nothing to it...

... Dave and his right-hand man Pat were great guys we had some fun...

... The towing company is Natomas based out of Sacramento and Yuba City a pretty large company in addition to towing there have a full service paint and body shop...

... Although it was 100 mile round trip for them, the whole deal only cost me $375...

... As we were amusing ourselves image.jpg with our ridiculous wit they came up with the slogan... "Natomas Can Do It"...and they did...

image.jpg

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Great news, as usual the right tool for the job makes all the difference!

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
All you need is the right equipment! Glad to see you got it back on the road safely.

NicPaus

Reaction score
Good to hear! I thought last nights storm would of covered you in snow.

waterhorse

Reaction score
Good news, glad it all worked out. Price was very good for a 100 mile trip.:thumbup:

Happy new year to you.

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
... All I lost out of this deal was to right side tires and the grill from when I stuffed it into the Madrone tree to keep it from rolling over...
... Ironically as I was guiding the tow rig up my driveway in the yellow Benz I ran over something,..and lost a right rear tire on the Benz...
... Fortunately I keep a stash of spare tires and rims for the blazer as in uprooting trees all that kind of stuff I have punctured many sidewalls...
... As I had the Blazer jacked up and had my electric impact out changing tires on the Blazer the wind was probably 80 miles an hour all of a sudden I hear carrack the sound of a tree breaking ... I went oh shit having had just gone through an experience with a tree falling I started looking for a place to take cover... Fortunately the tree that toppled wasn't near me so I was good...
... Having somewhat depleted my tire stash I hit all the used tire stores in Oroville and Chico and came up with three...Used 33 12:50x15's are getting pretty hard to find...

image.jpg

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
Good to hear! I thought last nights storm would of covered you in snow.

... No snow...I'm at 1500 feet and in 14 years I've only seen a couple inches of snow and that was 1 inch one year and 1 inch another year and then it's gone in two days...