WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Sony Caved!

JB in so cal

Reaction score
Sony is canceling the premier of "the interview". Nice backbone, Sony:rolleyes

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
It's that liberal backbone, aka "Bend Over." It's spreading from 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.

Hell, we just got one innocent American for three convicted spies today!:thumbup:

530RL

Reaction score
It was probably going straight to DVD anyways. :D

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Mind blowing that some little 16 year old spoiled brat sitting in the basement of his parents house can pull this crap off. lol

Even more remarkable is that North Korea can have this much influence on us from this far away in there isolated region of the world.

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
Mind blowing that some little 16 year old spoiled brat sitting in the basement of his parents house can pull this crap off. lol

Even more remarkable is that North Korea can have this much influence on us from this far away in there isolated region of the world.

My guess is they must have some serious dirt. I hope they still leak it, that would be perfect. :rotflmao:

H20-ski

Long Member
Reaction score
My PS4 is still having problems with their server. :grumble:

Why don't they focus on the real problem. :rolleyes

saucedaddy

Reaction score
Time to get the U.S Master negotiator on the case to rub this thing out!
image.jpg

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
it's downright embarrassing how the West become a laughing-stock, pussyfied world.

What can you expect?
"We the people" demonstrated our complete idiocy not once but twice.

It started in the month following 9/11.

Remember the Pakastani General on the news shaking in his shoes, sweating profusely swearing Pakistan had nothing to do with it and pledging his full effort to help the USA?
Then...nothing for 28 days. Bushs biggest mistake IMO.

Now, with the great apologizer at the helm it has gotten downright sickening.
Any shit hole sabre rattler can call a bluff.

Sony is a corporation, not a Govornment, but I'll bet my bottom dollar they were "advised" on this by our impotent leaders admin to shelve it.

Where is Reagan when we need him...

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Well before my era, but JFK was a leader as well.

The situation with cuba had me thinking of Kennedy.

What can you expect?
"We the people" demonstrated our complete idiocy not once but twice.

It started in the month following 9/11.

Remember the Pakastani General on the news shaking in his shoes, sweating profusely swearing Pakistan had nothing to do with it and pledging his full effort to help the USA?
Then...nothing for 28 days. Bushs biggest mistake IMO.

Now, with the great apologizer at the helm it has gotten downright sickening.
Any shit hole sabre rattler can call a bluff.

Sony is a corporation, not a Govornment, but I'll bet my bottom dollar they were "advised" on this by our impotent leaders admin to shelve it.

Where is Reagan when we need him...

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Congrats Sony - Way to shit-can the 1st amendment and simultaneously give terrorists a nice victory.
Now back to the other headlining story of the month - How mean we were to those poor terrorist prisoners following 9-11

Makes me sick

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Well before my era, but JFK was a leader as well.

The situation with cuba had me thinking of Kennedy.

As did I. JFK was respected as a leader and not a bullshitter.
Not only did he draw the line, he made the ships submit to searches.
Mind you this was against Mother Russia.

He flat out said it ain't fucking happening and they knew he meant it.

Kennedy was shitty in a lot of ways, but the missle crises does define how he was viewed globally.

Now...shit, Putin would bitch slap us and make us wear a wig.

But that will change.

H20-ski

Long Member
Reaction score
As did I. JFK was respected as a leader and not a bullshitter.
Not only did he draw the line, he made the ships submit to searches.
Mind you this was against Mother Russia.

He flat out said it ain't fucking happening and they knew he meant it.

Kennedy was shitty in a lot of ways, but the missle crises does define how he was viewed globally.

Now...shit, Putin would bitch slap us and make us wear a wig.

But that will change.

There is know question this country needs another cowboy with a stern foot like Reagan.

With the up coming candidates that are going to run for President it could be scary. Jeb Bush might be my pick but I know much about his values yet.
We will see.

spectras only

Reaction score
Now, if Sony released the movie online, could the hackers shot down the Internet? If they could, it would be great and have some work done here.:D
If not, the whole threat is a big bluff by some geeks hacking in their mom's basement.What's next, Isis threaten to shot down the media? That would be cool too:bowdown:Would be SNL on TV next?

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Congrats Sony - Way to shit-can the 1st amendment and simultaneously give terrorists a nice victory.
Now back to the other headlining story of the month - How mean we were to those poor terrorist prisoners following 9-11

Makes me sick

Haven't you heard? We're just like "them".:rolleyes

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
There is know question this country needs another cowboy with a stern foot like Reagan.

With the up coming candidates that are going to run for President it could be scary. Jeb Bush might be my pick but I know much about his values yet.
We will see.

Does anybody else remember what hugely significant event happened the VERY SAME DAY Reagan was sworn in?
I know I sure do!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Tank

Reaction score
This is so asinine it's embarassing!! What's that sawed off fat fuck going to do? Like North Korea has sleeper cells in the U.S. ready to pounce at movie premiers? Give me a fucking break!

Why didn't that uber nerd hack Saturday Night Live for their skits on him? I can just see the next skit on SNL of little Fat N. Korea dipshit sitting around getting high with his high school friends all pissed off at them movie and they decide to hack sony. Laughing while they're making threats.....N. Korea, what a joke.

Paul65k

Schiada Baby.......Yeah!!
Reaction score
Sony certainly caved.....as was said earlier I'm guessing there's lots more dirt in there that they don't want released. has nothing to do with 1st amendment for them it's more likely trying to protect some high ranking Sony Exec from the cost of an expensive divorce....just thinking out loud :D

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Sony certainly caved.....as was said earlier I'm guessing there's lots more dirt in there that they don't want released. has nothing to do with 1st amendment for them it's more likely trying to protect some high ranking Sony Exec from the cost of an expensive divorce....just thinking out loud :D

You know they had an entire fleet of in house lawyers telling them not to show it...and another fleet of lawyers hoping they would...

Plus a visit from the DOJ to seal the deal.

Singleton

Reaction score
From what I heard from my IT Security friends, Sony still has not been able to determined if the hackers are gone. Rumor on the street is they are still pulling data and Sony has no idea how to get them out.

The movie was pulled bc no one (AMC, Regal, etc) wanted to show it and have the same hackers attack them. If no company wants to show the movie, Sony had no choice. Sony still caved, but I think the movie theaters are all trying to avoid getting hacked and experiencing the same issues as Sony.

JB in so cal

Reaction score
More bullshit!
There were a couple theaters that we're going to run Team America, World Police since The Interview was shot down...well, Paramount just pulled all copies of the movie so it can't be run!!

Bullshit! :finger

Tank

Reaction score
What a joke...just to clarify. Sony is bowing down to people that can't even communicate in proper English? The author sounds like a 2nd grader! Super scary terrorist that talks like a punch line to a joke!

C-2

Reaction score
We're talking about an army of really smart computer guys whose sole mission is to break into something. The days of 14 year old "script kiddies" is long gone. Those guys are about 30 now, lol :thumbup:

I'm sure there are many human sources within Sony that helped stage the attack. They call it "hacked", but the weakest link to any data security is not the equipment or network itself; rather, it's the people. Humans are always the weakest link.

I know a guy who works for a major defense contractor - that's all his department does - is watch their 80K employees for insider threats, and of course, defend against Chinese and Iranian hackers. Just last week the FBI issued a warning to small to medium businesses - Iranians are trying to get in. Kind of like the Target deal...by using the small guys at stepping stones into the bigger networks.

Remember Stuxnet, and the fact the Iranian computers were "air gapped" (they were not on the wire/network)? What, the infected USB stick magically jumped into the Iranian computer? :p

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
That sorry lil' runt is feeling 10' tall right now......That sickens me to no end.

If Sony had any guts, they'd dub the whole movie into Korean, find the resources to hack into NK's national broadcast system and play it beginning to fucking end on every TV in N Korea, ending it was a scene simulating Dennis Rodman pokin' that sad lil' runt the ass.:skull

C-2

Reaction score
It's all about the money, they are probably paying a ransom too.

There have been plenty of LAW ENFORCEMENT agencies who have had to pay ransom in order to get their data back....or to go away.

In this case, it probably makes financial sense for Sony to back off, that's all I see it as.

Ryphraph

Reaction score
Just saw Obama on TV and he threw Sony Pictures under the bus saying that they should have shown the movie as planned...

Ryph

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Just saw Obama on TV and he threw Sony Pictures under the bus saying that they should have shown the movie as planned...

Ryph

Right...

Last edited by a moderator:

r1ver_rat

Reaction score
All this reminds me of the movie " The Terminator" sky net has been taken over. lol. SMH