image.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 33

JRS1939

Reaction score
Same reason the broncos got rid of him

Singleton

Reaction score
Most overpaid player in the NFL.
I was born in Chicago, still have my Super Bowl shuffle, and I can honestly say this year was a complete waste.

JRS1939

Reaction score
Lovie Smith being fired was their first mistake. Paying cutler was their second mistake.

Hammer

Reaction score
His body language and lack of enthusiasm got him benched. This team had too many injuries on defense to be any good. The fact that they thought Jared Allen would be a descent replacement for Julius peppers is laughable.

I don't think the blame should fall only on Cutler, O-line was horrible this season and the defense sucked big time. Hell they were one play away from the playoffs last year, defense gave up longTD at the end of the game to Green Bay. They don't blow that coverage they make the playoffs

BajaMike

Reaction score
Lovie Smith being fired was their first mistake. Paying cutler was their second mistake.

Cutler is such a jerk and the league leader in interceptions. Bears need to clean house in the back office, paying him all that money was so stupid. They were so pathetic Monday night. I'd fire everybody from the GM on down.

Hammer

Reaction score
I'd hire Rex Ryan as my D Coordinator after the jets fire his ass, tell tresman (sp) and Cutler you have 2015 to figure it out.

FreeBird236

Reaction score
I've never thought he was all that good, but what a effed- -up O-line...:thumbsdown

Ibeplumbing

Reaction score
They have way more problems than cutler for sure. However, this is who he is. Been this way since he entered the league. Their D is awful, and they have individuals on offense. The "team" sucks. They all seem to be pointing fingers at each other. Aaron Rodgers said it perfectly the other day. It's not all Jay's Fault. But his decisions are awful. He's got all the talent in the world, but he's a Trent Dilfer when it comes to playing. His body language is as bad as I've seen. That being said, he's still better than Jimmy Clausen.

On a side note, I will never root for Cutler. Did a job for his uncle out here in Phoenix. What a fucking asshole. It definitely runs in the family

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
They have way more problems than cutler for sure. However, this is who he is. Been this way since he entered the league. Their D is awful, and they have individuals on offense. The "team" sucks. They all seem to be pointing fingers at each other. Aaron Rodgers said it perfectly the other day. It's not all Jay's Fault. But his decisions are awful. He's got all the talent in the world, but he's a Trent Dilfer when it comes to playing. His body language is as bad as I've seen. That being said, he's still better than Jimmy Clausen.

On a side note, I will never root for Cutler. Did a job for his uncle out here in Phoenix. What a fucking asshole. It definitely runs in the family

I lost any respect for Cutler after he took himself out of the Championship game several years ago because his tummy ached or whatever...Ditka would have literally pissed on him for that.

He is not a "winner" and doesn't care about winning it seems.

As a Cleveland fan it was my job to hate Elway, but good God that man just REFUSED to lose. Don't see that much anymore, and Cutler is a prime example.

Elway-II.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

blacksockdown

Banned
Reaction score
I lost any respect for Cutler after he took himself out of the Championship game several years ago because his tummy ached or whatever...Ditka would have literally pissed on him for that.

He is not a "winner" and doesn't care about winning it seems.

As a Cleveland fan it was my job to hate Elway, but good God that man just REFUSED to lose. Don't see that much anymore, and Cutler is a prime example.

Elway-II.jpg

AndrewLuck is in Elways league.

Funny as heck peeps here bitchn bout how shitty their teams are. RaiderFanHere.JusSayn..

Last edited by a moderator:

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
AndrewLuck is in Elways league.

Funny as heck peeps here bitchn bout how shitty their teams are. RaiderFanHere.JusSayn..

Yeah I know.

I asked for a .500 season and it looks like that may even be a struggle. I just got swept up in the possibility of making the playoffs, then complete disintegration.

PVHCA

Reaction score
His body language and lack of enthusiasm got him benched. This team had too many injuries on defense to be any good. The fact that they thought Jared Allen would be a descent replacement for Julius peppers is laughable.

I don't think the blame should fall only on Cutler, O-line was horrible this season and the defense sucked big time. Hell they were one play away from the playoffs last year, defense gave up longTD at the end of the game to Green Bay. They don't blow that coverage they make the playoffs

Jared Allen is very good, but when you got nothing else it's easy to double team your best player on D. The Bears FUCKED up by bringing in Trestman, he's always been horrible hence the reason he was in Canada. Blowing out Lovie Smith was a huge mistake as was giving "Cuntler" all that cash. This team is screwed for many years.

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
Cutler is a prime example of physical talent requiring a brain to operate.

Hammer

Reaction score
Jared Allen is very good, but when you got nothing else it's easy to double team your best player on D. The Bears FUCKED up by bringing in Trestman, he's always been horrible hence the reason he was in Canada. Blowing out Lovie Smith was a huge mistake as was giving "Cuntler" all that cash. This team is screwed for many years.

Valid point with Jared Allen. I think Trestman will be alright, they swapped a defensive minded coach for a offensive minded one. Lovie needed a great OC like Trestman needs a Great DC.

Old Texan

Reaction score
Yeah I know.

I asked for a .500 season and it looks like that may even be a struggle. I just got swept up in the possibility of making the playoffs, then complete disintegration.

Everything has always come easy to Johnny. In his mind he doesn't know, what he doesn't know. He's basically ignored all the input of what it takes as far as mechanics to operate at this level. His cocky approach has always enabled him to ad lib and his talent bailed him out......Sunday against the Bengals was his wake up call. If he can eat the humble pie and realize, his talent level is high, but so is the talent level he's competing against and he will need to start developing the mechanics needed to play the position at this level. Raw talent alone isn't enough to be successful in the NFL.

Accuracy, true NFL accuracy, comes from good mechanics. He needs to admit he loses velocity and accuracy without being square to the target. Stafford and Wison have gotten away with imperfect mechanics to me, because their baseball skills have allowed them to get positioned in their own ways to maintain velocity and accuracy. Manziel hasn't developed this quality, and may never as it may be instinctive more than acquired.

Johnny needed the 2 years of college he left behind. He wasn't ready mentally or mechanically for the NFL. And I question his work ethic from a backup standpoint. His immaturity allows him to get bored if he has to work without immediate rewards and attention. He needs to focus and want it far more than he's shown to this point. That first game was the wake up call. Whether he heard it or not is the the issue going forward.

My other question is, what the hell happened to Hoyer? He went from a progressing talent to collapse. He lost his Mojo somehow??????

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Everything has always come easy to Johnny. In his mind he doesn't know, what he doesn't know. He's basically ignored all the input of what it takes as far as mechanics to operate at this level. His cocky approach has always enabled him to ad lib and his talent bailed him out......Sunday against the Bengals was his wake up call. If he can eat the humble pie and realize, his talent level is high, but so is the talent level he's competing against and he will need to start developing the mechanics needed to play the position at this level. Raw talent alone isn't enough to be successful in the NFL.

Accuracy, true NFL accuracy, comes from good mechanics. He needs to admit he loses velocity and accuracy without being square to the target. Stafford and Wison have gotten away with imperfect mechanics to me, because their baseball skills have allowed them to get positioned in their own ways to maintain velocity and accuracy. Manziel hasn't developed this quality, and may never as it may be instinctive more than acquired.

Johnny needed the 2 years of college he left behind. He wasn't ready mentally or mechanically for the NFL. And I question his work ethic from a backup standpoint. His immaturity allows him to get bored if he has to work without immediate rewards and attention. He needs to focus and want it far more than he's shown to this point. That first game was the wake up call. Whether he heard it or not is the the issue going forward.

My other question is, what the hell happened to Hoyer? He went from a progressing talent to collapse. He lost his Mojo somehow??????

That's a great damned question. I'm thinking he went colorblind, can't tell his own receivers anymore.

Hammer

Reaction score
That's a great damned question. I'm thinking he went colorblind, can't tell his own receivers anymore.

I think the pressure got to him as the season went on. He had one bad game and it started snowballing and lost his confidence. I thought he'd flourish when Gordon came back. I was hoping he'd lead them to the playoffs. He blew it in that Indy Game. Receivers dropped a few balls, but as a qb you need to be accurate on every throw. That ball to Gordon down the sideline cost them the game. It wasn't even close, he makes that throw, he still starting...

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Da Bears have a few issues:
Trestman has to go...but who will they get?
Ownership historically doesn't pay top-dollar for coaches.
Harbaugh will command top dollar, and he will bring his highly paid assistants with him...little chance he's going to Chi Town.

Cutler...you're stuck with him.
The first three years of his contract give him $54 million guaranteed money.
They've paid him $18 million for this season, there's no way ownership eats $36 million over the next two years...no money will be left under the cap to bring in anyone decent, there's too much need elsewhere on the team (namely, defense).
Plus, who are they gonna get to replace him?

Ibeplumbing

Reaction score
Harbaugh will command top dollar, and he will bring his highly paid assistants with him...little chance he's going to Chi Town.

They've paid him $18 million for this season, there's no way ownership eats $36 million over the next two years...no money will be left under the cap to bring in anyone decent, there's too much need elsewhere on the team (namely, defense).

I know who's available....Tebow. Lol

PVHCA

Reaction score

You had me until the last line. I'd take my chances on a different QB considering his season and track record. There are better QB's and better teammates out there then Cutler.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score

Read this on ESPN...

Cutler's contract could be a big reason for the quarterback's benching, according to ESPN NFL Insider Mark Dominik.
The deal calls for Cutler to be paid $15.5 million in 2015. A $10 million guarantee kicks in on March 12, the third day of the 2015 league year, if Cutler is on the Bears' roster. If Cutler is injured at that time, the Bears will owe him $10 million in 2016.
By sitting Cutler the final two games of the season, the Bears guarantee he won't get injured and will have the ability to cut him or trade him after the season, basically saving the team $10 million.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Stupid question: can't part of his guaranteed salary be absorbed by a future team?

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I'm sure it could but who would? Teams aren't as enamored with him as they were before. He "was that guy" lol

That's kind of what I was thinking...God I hope the Browns don't do it...:yikes

pronstar

Reaction score
You had me until the last line. I'd take my chances on a different QB considering his season and track record. There are better QB's and better teammates out there then Cutler.

What Free Agent (or otherwise available) QB do you have in mind?

primetime

Reaction score
Diehard Bears fan, family from Chicago and all I can say is It's about fucking time!!!! To much money for someone who only plays for himself when he wants. Total waste of money

pronstar

Reaction score
After the season let me review the FA QB list and I'll get back to you.

I can save you the time - most any FA QB will be junk.

QBs and offensive linemen, if good, never reach the FA market. Teams lock them up for their careers.

In the NFL, there are basically two types of teams.
1. Those that have a QB
2. Those that need a QB

So you really need to strike gold in the draft, if you want a top QB.

Sure, there are very few exceptions, teams will gamble. But even exceptions like Manning and Brees had major injury concerns.

What quality QB isn't under a long-term deal?

Old Texan

Reaction score
I amazed at how great business folks gain the wealth to purchase sports franchises, and then pull the most ridiculous business moves as these huge long term contracts......Especially after the number of deals they've witnessed going sour. The Texans signed Matt Schaub to a long term deal and he just lost his mojo one day. They still have final obligations and he's long gone.

Baseball is the worse with A-Rod being the poster boy for long term idiocy....

Owners have no one to blame but themselves for these dumb deals

JRS1939

Reaction score
Random information not necessarily related but I seen today that bud Selig is still making 6 million a year after retiring

PVHCA

Reaction score
I can save you the time - most any FA QB will be junk.

QBs and offensive linemen, if good, never reach the FA market. Teams lock them up for their careers.

In the NFL, there are basically two types of teams.
1. Those that have a QB
2. Those that need a QB

So you really need to strike gold in the draft, if you want a top QB.

Sure, there are very few exceptions, teams will gamble. But even exceptions like Manning and Brees had major injury concerns.

What quality QB isn't under a long-term deal?

You are correct, the QB position is by far the most important and difficult position in the NFL and finding a top QB is VERY difficult. I always challenge people to name 10 QUALITY QB's in the NFL, it's very hard. I can come up with 7 or 8 but 10 is difficult. Cutler is replaceable, Schaub, Vick, Sanchez, are just a few that can do just as good a job if not better. Yes I'm reaching sorta but I classify him in that same group.

pronstar

Reaction score
I can say that, if Jay Cutler went on the open market today, he would be picked up very quickly by a "have not" team.