WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

1979 21 RC $13,900

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
I honestly think that may be over priced. Lol

rivergames

Reaction score
I saw that thing on CL a few weeks ago and it was taken off after a few days. I wonder if it already sold?

Paul65k

Schiada Baby.......Yeah!!
Reaction score

x2 theres one of those black things on the back where they cut a big hole through the transom:p:D:D
Yup........have to agree. 1979 with outdrive is "Just another boat" and should be priced accordingly!!

There you have it from 3 schiada owners (or former owners) :D

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score

Someone's going to buy that thing put cubic dollars into it and you know what they're going to have when everything is said and done? A 1979 schiada

Paul65k

Reaction score
Someone's going to buy that thing put cubic dollars into it and you know what they're going to have when everything is said and done? Just another 1979 boat

Fixed it for you......................with an outdrive it's just another boat...........this should be rich:rolleyes

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
Someone's going to buy that thing put cubic dollars into it and you know what they're going to have when everything is said and done? A 1979 OUTDRIVE schiada

Fixed it for you. [emoji3]

FrznJim

Reaction score
Hey, yous guys are making my '81 feel badly. I'll have you know I paid 22k for it 9 years ago. You could glass that hole in the transom, put 40 or 50 into this, making it into a v-drive, and have something similar. What's wrong with that?

Picture 091.jpg

SFV2RVR

Registered Parker Legend
Reaction score
Someone's going to buy that thing put cubic dollars into it and you know what they're going to have when everything is said and done? A 1979 schiada

Hey my 1979 is now a 2014! Lol

CampbellCarl

Reaction score
I'm not sure I understand?

Stay tuned Grasshopper........this will unfold soon enough :D

Just a guess as to how this unfolds....RD and all of the other Leonard Schiada & Lee Spindler Nut Swingers will jump up and down and cry foul (just a general two year old's tantrum) defending the TRUE value of this 35 year old day-cruiser. They'll all cry at how this boat's price will drive down the value of their boat and further suggest that SOMEONE should JUMP at this SCREAMIN DEAL...

Then the Stoker Owners Club will point and laugh saing that Schiadas really are POS boats...

Then, the real mud slinging will begin...

:D

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Just a guess as to how this unfolds....RD and all of the other Leonard Schiada & Lee Spindler Nut Swingers will jump up and down and cry foul (just a general two year old's tantrum) defending the TRUE value of this 35 year old day-cruiser. They'll all cry at how this boat's price will drive down the value of their boat and further suggest that SOMEONE should JUMP at this SCREAMIN DEAL...

Then the Stoker Owners Club will point and laugh saing that Schiadas really are POS boats...

If you bought it, put 100k into it and turned it into a v drive, it would be worth at least 70k. Lol.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
My thought. The hull is worth less than 10. The motor and drove are worth parts only.

Paul65k

Reaction score
So does that mean my 81 is worth between 40 and 70? I wish.. I do have GT Performance valve covers on the TT motor so that's got to increase the value significantly:D
Those valve covers alone are probably 10% of the total value at this point :D

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
My thought. The hull is worth less than 10. The motor and drove are worth parts only.

The scoop and Mr horsepower sticker are money.

I have learned that when looking at anything for sale with a mr horsepower sticker.......RUN!:D

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Depending on how good of condition the hull is in, that actually seems like a decent deal to me.

Haters are gonna hate, but I know what my boat is worth (via interested parties that want to buy it), and I know what some others are worth as well.. :D

RD

Little D

Reaction score
Depending on how good of condition the hull is in, that actually seems like a decent deal to me.

Haters are gonna hate, but I know what my boat is worth (via interested parties that want to buy it), and I know what some others are worth as well.. :D

RD

That's only due to the celebrity ownership premium.

stoker22405

Reaction score
Looked at this boat a few months ago....Giving its age the hull and trailer are in decent condition...He was asking 15,500 back then...

Paul65k

Reaction score
What are they considered to be with a Out Board and RT...?

Faster than shit while riding much better than a Stoker.....other than that there is no difference [emoji6]

stoker22405

Reaction score
Faster than shit while riding much better than a Stoker.....other than that there is no difference [emoji6][/QUOTE

They definitely handle rough water better than a Stoker...Wich is why one should own both....:)

.However 77 mph is FAR from faster than shit...lol

Paul65k

Reaction score
Faster than shit while riding much better than a Stoker.....other than that there is no difference [emoji6][/QUOTE

They definitely handle rough water better than a Stoker...Wich is why one should own both....:)

.However 77 mph is FAR from faster than shit...lol

Fair enough.....it 82 on the GPS speedo BTW but who's counting.....faster than shit is relative.....HP to HP it's probably the fastest 21 Schiada on the water....just sayin'

Paul65k

Reaction score
Tabs yes
Hydraulic steering yes
There is a video somewhere I'll find it when I get home and post it up.

Paul65k

Reaction score
RTs with XS 300's just thinking out loud [emoji1]

Groper

Reaction score

Paul65k

Reaction score
There was a 21RC at the Schiada Regatta but it was not an RT.....he told me he saw 74-75 on his.

PS....talked to him a bit and his boat was an outdrive that he converted for the 300XS :hmm

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
There was a 21RC at the Schiada Regatta but it was not an RT.....he told me he saw 74-75 on his.

PS....talked to him a bit and his boat was an outdrive that he converted for the 300XS :hmm

The gentlemen I sold my boat to is converting it to a 300 ob boat.

Should be cool when it's done

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score

Which one are you talking about?

bump

Reaction score

Exactly. It's a huge turnoff to this site. I'm not overly impressed with our Schiada. The wavy sides look like boats that came out of Ontario in the 70s when Mach 1 was making 20' flatbottoms. Our retaining wall is straighter. Aerospace rigging quality and the best engines in the world don't change that. There are many great boats made and Schiada is but one. Guys here drone on as if they own Saturn 5 when in reality they own a plastic boat designed 45 years ago; it's nauseating. From what I read on the other sides my opinion is far from unique. I don't expect anything to change though. The Schiada crew on here are like the little circle jerk that could. Woe be to anyone who says a Schiada is anything but the best at everything.