WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Who can I get to install a sliding rag??

Tank

Reaction score
Preferably in Ventura county.

I plan on buying a rag from this site.

http://www.slidingragtops.com/?gclid=CJ_CyIHiucICFdKEfgodxW4Azg

I contacted a local company in Ventura that does sun roof installation and they were like, "ohhhhhhj no, we can't do that." (Roll eyes).

Anyone have a recommendation? It's for my Tahoe. I plan on putting the longest and widest possible. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419041555.413685.jpg

Thanks.

Tank.

srttruck

Reaction score
You still got that cig? Sweet hoe btw, very clean!:thumbup:

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
A ragtop in the Tahoe will be bad ass. I would have figured the sunroof shop would have done it.

Contact www.classicsofttrim.com and see if they will do it or know someone that will. They installed the sunroof in my old 2002 Tundra.

warpt71

Lower River Lover
Reaction score
How bout bonesfab here on the boards? He's in Camarillo

dread Pirate

Reaction score
I did a few back when. Damn,, when you realize that was 25 years ago you start to feel old. :(

Anyway, pretty easy to do. Jigsaw, drill, lots of masking tape and pull the headliner. Measure 5 times and go for it. Trimming the headliner will be the biggest challenge, but can be done after the frame is in, but before all the hardware. 2 people 1 day.

Tank

Reaction score
You still got that cig? Sweet hoe btw, very clean!:thumbup:

Thanks bro. I'm digging it. Want to bag it but the wife thinks that's a little to high school for me!! Lol. And no, sold the cig a couple years ago when our first son was too young to enjoy it and it was just sitting. Was writing a check for a new one when my wife got pregnant! Babies 14 months now. Waiting for a year or so for the kids to be able to enjoy it. ;)

Tank

Reaction score
How bout bonesfab here on the boards? He's in Camarillo

I was actually thinking maybe he'd pipe up. I don't know of it's something he'd be interested in but Camarillo would be perfect.

I was thinking about checking with Noble in Ventura who does bad ass hot rods but I don't know of it'd be something he'd be interested in either.

Tank

Reaction score
I did a few back when. Damn,, when you realize that was 25 years ago you start to feel old. :(

Anyway, pretty easy to do. Jigsaw, drill, lots of masking tape and pull the headliner. Measure 5 times and go for it. Trimming the headliner will be the biggest challenge, but can be done after the frame is in, but before all the hardware. 2 people 1 day.

Well, I'm hoping someone (just not me) agrees it's an easy job and doesn't charge a butt load!! ;) :D

Ultra28

Reaction score
We can do it at our shop. Brian's done a ton of them. Jendro's Customs/Ultra Off Road. We're in Temecula though.

dread Pirate

Reaction score
Well, I'm hoping someone (just not me) agrees it's an easy job and doesn't charge a butt load!! ;) :D

Just don't fuck up! :D The kits are really simple and easy to put in. I'm sure they are even better than the ones we had back then. Will be sweet when you get it done.:thumbup:

Tank

Reaction score
We can do it at our shop. Brian's done a ton of them. Jendro's Customs/Ultra Off Road. We're in Temecula though.

Well, at least I have SOMEWHERE. ;)

Tank

Reaction score
Just don't fuck up! :D The kits are really simple and easy to put in. I'm sure they are even better than the ones we had back then. Will be sweet when you get it done.:thumbup:

That's why I'm not doing it!

I really wish this pussy that does the sunroofs in Ventura would do it! How different can it be?!

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Leave it alone it's gonna leak like the Dutch boys dam[emoji12][emoji1]

Tank

Reaction score
Lol....it's not a vw or a Mazda truck.

Spend the cash on bagging it and rc cars...lol

Lol!!!

It's so scary how well you know me.

I'll bag it later. One thing at a time.

I've always loved ragtops and have wanted to put one on one of my cars. Almost did it with my lifted suburban and slammed dually but never got around to it. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419052534.157290.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419052731.123937.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419052753.423740.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419052811.673828.jpg

ultra26shadow

Reaction score
Webasto Santa Fe Springs! They will make it look OEM. Trust me worth the drive. The Tahoe's have the ridges on the roof and will customize it to fit also if you have rear ceiling air they wil relocate the ducts. Trust me Tahoe's aren't as easy as you think. I wish I had pics of when they did my panoramic sunroof on my old truck but they did awesome! http://www.webasto.com/us/

bonesfab

Reaction score
I just finally sit down and check in.. Yes we could do that. I would like to be in on ordering it to get the right one to fit it best. That way I don't have to charge you extra for supplying the wrong part..:D. Stop by and we will lookit up and measure it out..

Tank

Reaction score
I just finally sit down and check in.. Yes we could do that. I would like to be in on ordering it to get the right one to fit it best. That way I don't have to charge you extra for supplying the wrong part..:D. Stop by and we will lookit up and measure it out..

Awesome!!! It'll be after the holidays and I will totally let you order the right stuff. Is that site I posted reputable? Seems like they've been around a long time.

Tank

Reaction score
Can't find any pics of 2doors with rags. Found this on YouTube though bagged and ragged;)

Last edited by a moderator:

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
Personally I wouldn't mess with it. But if it is something that you feel is necessary bonesfab would be my choice. I don't know the guys over there but after seeing their work at sema I was impressed