WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

2015 Jeep Unlimited build

Ultra28

Reaction score
Yes, another white Jeep on the forums getting built. Everything starts next week and hope to have most of it done by the 5th. Bought this for my son, but I'll be taking it and getting him a Mini Cooper when he leaves for college in a couple years.

Picking up the wheels from Walker Evans on Monday to go to powder coat. Also picking up the lift, bumpers and sliders from Casey Currie at CRC to drop off at powder coat.

Trying to decide what tires to go with. Going with 35's. Casey suggests the BFG Mud Terrains KM2's, but he's sponsored by BFG so that's what I'd expect. The kid pretty much only drives to school and back and around Temecula.

What are all of you guys running for tires?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419051529.948817.jpg

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Bfg's are a good sticky light weight tire. There undersized and prone to side wall damage in the rocks.

Nitto and toyo hold up better and last longer but there heavier.

Ultra28

Reaction score
Think we're Nitto Exo Grappler 35's.

Exo.jpg

Ultra28

Reaction score
Things are finally coming together. I've been waiting on parts and powder coat. Decided to go with the Cooper STT. Shipped last week from Cooper, should be here tomorrow. Supposed to be a new style of side wall or something.

Picked up the lift kit from powder coat today. It's a hazard yellow with silver in the clear top coat. Same color I use on my work trucks.

The kit is the Currie 4" RockJock with front and rear Antirock sway bars.

IMG_1344.jpg

Ultra28

Reaction score
Starting the lift today. Most of the parts are now in. CRC (Casey Currie) was going to do the install, but we would've had to wait until after KOH. So we're doing it ourselves. I'm having the kid do most of it himself, so he dan appreciate it more. I let him ditch school today to go pick up the parts and start on the Jeep. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421956777.452873.jpg

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Great experience I think all jeepers should have a hand on there build so they can fix things out on the trail.

Unless he has some serious help/lift its gonna be a long couple days and several days of being sore after the fact...lol

Great job[emoji41]

Ultra28

Reaction score
We have an off road and car customizing shop now. So he has a lift to use and some guys that have lifted a lot of Jeeps watching over him. I'm going to head over and help later today too. I want to have it done by next week, because I want to borrow it to go on a trip to Borrego with some friends Super Bowl weekend.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
We have an off road and car customizing shop now. So he has a lift to use and some guys that have lifted a lot of Jeeps watching over him. I'm going to head over and help later today too. I want to have it done by next week, because I want to borrow it to go on a trip to Borrego with some friends Super Bowl weekend.

Perfect.....single day deal with air tools and a lift.

Not sure what the directions say for the front bump stops but if they say to drill and tap the spring perches skip that and thru bolt them with quality hardware. That right there will save him an hour and some frustration.

Ultra28

Reaction score
Probably going to be a couple days for the lift. Going to do the bumpers, winch, sliders and spare carrier next week. Then the skid pans the following week. I'll let him know about the bump stop tip. Thanks.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Good luck with the Currie lift. I wish I had an actual lift for the install, otherwise, pretty straightforward. The Currie guys are good for questions as well. Take a tour of the shop next time in Corona, well worth it:thumbup:

Ultra28

Reaction score
Good luck with the Currie lift. I wish I had an actual lift for the install, otherwise, pretty straightforward. The Currie guys are good for questions as well. Take a tour of the shop next time in Corona, well worth it:thumbup:

Yeah, Casey's a pretty good friend of mine. He's been hooking up my son on this project. He even had a guy drive down some parts today for us that weren't fitting right.

Got most of the rear done today. Plan on finishing the lift and bumpers tomorrow.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421986528.323281.jpg

Ultra28

Reaction score
Well, it's pretty far along now. Still waiting on some parts.

Made him do most of the work himself.

IMG_1369.jpg
IMG_1372.jpg
IMG_1380.jpg
IMG_1383.jpg
IMG_1386.jpg
IMG_1388.jpg
IMG_1389.jpg
IMG_1390.jpg
IMG_1392.jpg

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Looks great!!!!

I like the savvy stuff. simple/light and effective.

Whats the plan for rock rails...I would do rubi rails at a minimum before it ever hits the rocks:)

Ultra28

Reaction score
Looks great!!!!

I like the savvy stuff. simple/light and effective.

Whats the plan for rock rails...I would do rubi rails at a minimum before it ever hits the rocks:)

Thanks.

Yeah, love the Savvy stuff. Really solid set up. Now just waiting on the Warn winch and Factor 55 stuff.

CRC is making me a set of sliders now. I wanted to do something a little different. Here is the mock up.

They're too busy with KOH now. Won't get a chance to finish them for a few weeks. We're only doing light off roading this weekend in Ocotillo/Borrego.

Getting RockJock front and rear Dana 44's too.

IMG_1303.jpg

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Thanks.

Yeah, love the Savvy stuff. Really solid set up. Now just waiting on the Warn wench and Factor 55 stuff.

CRC is making me a set of sliders now. I wanted to do something a little different. Here is the mock up.

They're too busy with KOH now. Won't get a chance to finish them for a few weeks. We're only doing light off roading this weekend in Ocotillo/Borrego.

Getting RockJock front and rear Dana 44's too.

View attachment 388059

I like them....Protection and a step if need be.

I have beat the shit out of my Poison spyders and its amazing the abuse they take when a 7K pound jeep falls off a boulder and lands...lol

Do RJ60 front and 70 rear :D:skull

Ultra28

Reaction score
I like them....Protection and a step if need be.

I have beat the shit out of my Poison spyders and its amazing the abuse they take when a 7K pound jeep falls off a boulder and lands...lol

Do RJ60 front and 70 rear :D:skull

Would love to do some bigger stuff, but just taking what Casey is hooking me up with. He's getting all new stuff in his personal Jeep, so I get the old stuff. Going to freshen up everything first.

This Jeep shit gets expensive and time consuming. We were at the shop past 2 last nigh installing the lights, sPOD and CB. I let the kid ditch his first few classes today and two complete days last week. His mom is starting to get pissed.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Would love to do some bigger stuff, but just taking what Casey is hooking me up with. He's getting all new stuff in his personal Jeep, so I get the old stuff. Going to freshen up everything first.

This Jeep shit gets expensive and time consuming. We were at the shop past 2 last nigh installing the lights, sPOD and CB. I let the kid ditch his first few classes today and two complete days last week. His mom is starting to get pissed.

Lol

Tell her he is taking a practical science course [emoji41]

They do get dumb and out of control fast. Stick with 35's and the rj44 will be plenty.

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
Looks great :thumbup:

Honestly I enjoy having mine out more on the trail than my XP1000. I never thought I would like using the JK as much as I have.

Ultra28

Reaction score
Heading back out to Borrego Springs this weekend for some off roading. Decided to put it up on the lift and check everything and grease all the fittings. Everything was still good. Went ahead and installed one of those steering attenuators while I was at it. I didn't have a death wobble or any issues, just that it's a Jeep not a car and I heard these things make a huge difference.

It actually does. This thing feels like a car now. I can't even explain how this $129 part can make such a big difference. Took all of 10 minutes to install.

http://performancestability-ps.com/collections/all