WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Great Customer Service!

Backlash

Reaction score
I had to post this just to share my appreciation for "Good Customer Service."

As some of you know, I'm working on rejuvenating a classic boat and am outlining the slow process on this site ("Schiaward"). Along the way, I've been picking up random parts and accessories that will one day find their homes in this hull.

Today, I was near Rancho Cucamonga and decided to pick up another billet battery tray. The current one I have was manufactured by Eddie Marine and one I purchased quite time ago. So, I thought I would see if they were open and check to see whether or not they had another one in stock.

The building is in the same location on 6th Street and the showroom looks exactly the same as I remembered. This is where I noticed a difference. A young male quickly greeted me at the counter and asked what he could do to help me. I explained the reason for my visit and he said they had them in stock and he would be right back. Literally, he was RIGHT back. Holding a new billet battery tray. He wasn't gone from the customer service counter for more than 30 seconds! It didn't even give me time to browse through the magazine sitting on the counter!

So we continued and completed the purchase. As he was putting my measly purchase into a bag, he asked if I would like a t-shirt. Seriously? I barely spent $100!! Well, if you insist! :D

But the free t-shirt was not the only thing that impressed me. He was prompt and polite and interested in helping me with my purchase. He even went on to tell me that their website has been problematic in the past but the problems have been corrected. He said the website should be up and running soon and they should also have a new catalog by summer.

So, this type of great customer service is the reason for this post. Thank you Eddie Marine (And staff!), and I will see you guys soon. ;)

Henry

gqchris

Reaction score

As some of you know, I'm working on rejuvenating a classic boat and am outlining the slow process on this site ("Schiaward"). Along the way, I've been picking up random parts and accessories that will one day find their homes in this hull.

Today, I was near Rancho Cucamonga and decided to pick up another billet battery tray. The current one I have was manufactured by Eddie Marine and one I purchased quite time ago. So, I thought I would see if they were open and check to see whether or not they had another one in stock.

The building is in the same location on 6th Street and the showroom looks exactly the same as I remembered. This is where I noticed a difference. A young male quickly greeted me at the counter and asked what he could do to help me. I explained the reason for my visit and he said they had them in stock and he would be right back. Literally, he was RIGHT back. Holding a new billet battery tray. He wasn't gone from the customer service counter for more than 30 seconds! It didn't even give me time to browse through the magazine sitting on the counter!

So we continued and completed the purchase. As he was putting my measly purchase into a bag, he asked if I would like a t-shirt. Seriously? I barely spent $100!! Well, if you insist! :D

But the free t-shirt was not the only thing that impressed me. He was prompt and polite and interested in helping me with my purchase. He even went on to tell me that their website has been problematic in the past but the problems have been corrected. He said the website should be up and running soon and they should also have a new catalog by summer.

So, this type of great customer service is the reason for this post. Thank you Eddie Marine (And staff!), and I will see you guys soon. ;)

Henry

Glad they are making changes.

I have had nothing but headaches from them in the past few years. Including having to dispute credit card charges. CP Performance gets all my business now.

poncho

Reaction score
I'm not a vindictive person per se, i would love to see each and every one be succesful and fruitful in life if they want to work for it.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

Henry

Rare qualities these days for sure. :thumbup: