WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Another Drama at the gym thread

Abc123

Banned
Reaction score
:D

There's a man in his late 30s to early 40s who regularly attends the gym I go to. He seems like a nice friendly guy and happens to know a lot of the young members. How? I don't know, but I always see hot young girls going up to say "hi" to him. Anyways, the guy would probably rub some the wrong way based on his appearance. He is covered in tattoos and has that retired thug look, but like I say, he seems like a nice guy. We sometimes say hello or do a head nod when we see each other.

One interesting thing about this guy is, that he wears the same outfit everyday. Could it be his only outfit? Who knows and honestly (to me at least) who cares.

So, I'm sitting in the dry sauna and unfortunately my Iphone died so I found myself listening to a conversation two other men were having. The older tattooed gentleman walks by the window of the sauna and one of the guy's talking says to the other, "That guy wears that same shit everyday". Then his buddy makes another rude comment to follow up. It seems to me, that they're basically teasing/ talking shit about the guy and I've never admired bullying. So I couldn't help myself....

I turn to the guy and say, "We'll, Why don't you do something about it".

Him: "What do you mean?"

Me: Well, if you don't like seeing the guy wearing the same clothes everyday and it bothers you and your friend so much, why don't you do something about it?"

Him: "I don't get what you're saying"

Me: "I can sense that. Why don't you go buy the guy a new outfit and bring it to him. It is possible that he, unlike you, doesn't have the resources to own multiple gym outfits. So if it bothers you so much, why not buy him something?"

Him: "Haha. You're kidding right?"

Me: "Absolutely not. Cruise over to TJ Maxx and spend $20 on the guy or don't say anything at all."

Him: "Hey guy, how about you just mind your own business"

Me: "How about you take some of your own advice and not worry about what other people are wearing?"

Him: "Oh sorry, didn't realize he was your friend."

Me: "He's not. I apologize for not understanding sooner that you weren't coming from a place of concern, but only wanted to make this guy the butt of your joke to feel better about yourself"

Him: "Yeah whatever bro"

Then he left.

People really are assholes I tell ya. :rolleyes

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
I was waiting to hear why the guy wears the same shirt everyday???

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
People love to talk shit...

I went to 24hr fitness the other night and was waiting for a machine to use. A guy thats using it walks away so I wait a minute then jump on then a couple mins later he came back and says "I have 3 more sets left on this machine" I say "Dude, where is your workout towel? Usually that will let someone else know that you are still using the machine." He says "I dont have one." Nice! Well I told him that he is welcome to work in... so he does.

Same thing happens at machine #2 but this guy says to me "Hey I have 5 sets left on this machine" I reply "Dude, where is your workout towel to let people know you are using this machine?" He says "Its on another machine...I'm supersetting" Oh boy...so I say "hey you can work back in"...but he gets pissed and leaves.

Then later on I notice there were 8+ guys working out in this one area without using a workout towel...they were sweating all over the equipment and walking away:grumble: I ask the front desk on my way out if they could do an announcement over the intercom or something to educate all the newbies...but I doubt they did anything.

Its time to start working out at 4am again till march...the fly by nighters will be gone by then. :)

Magic28

Reaction score
Yeah most people love to talk shit about people behind their backs. It really shows they ignorance of today. It was awesome you called that dude out on his BS! Sounds like you made him STFU.

Dont even get me started about sweaty MF'ers that go to the gym with no towel. It's one of the reasons I'm trying to find a small gym in HB and get out of 24 Hour Fitness. To me they shouldn't let anyone thru the door without a towel. I think I'm turning into a germaphobe, lol.

yz450mm

Reaction score
I hate janurary at the gym. Anyone that joins after Dec 20 should be limited to a window of time in the middle of the day.

For those that don't know, janurary joiners are the PWC riders of the gym world.

mbrown2

Reaction score
Starting conversations in the sauna with other guys is like Grinder version 1.0....:)

yz450mm

Reaction score
Yeah most people love to talk shit about people behind their backs. It really shows they ignorance of today. It was awesome you called that dude out on his BS! Sounds like you made him STFU.

Dont even get me started about sweaty MF'ers that go to the gym with no towel. It's one of the reasons I'm trying to find a small gym in HB and get out of 24 Hour Fitness. To me they shouldn't let anyone thru the door without a towel. I think I'm turning into a germaphobe, lol.
Ours is a super sport,, so they provide towels. Now if only the old guys hanging out in the locker room would USE the towels, it wouldn't be assault on the eyes every time you walk in.

Abc123

Banned
Reaction score

I went to 24hr fitness the other night and was waiting for a machine to use. A guy thats using it walks away so I wait a minute then jump on then a couple mins later he came back and says "I have 3 more sets left on this machine" I say "Dude, where is your workout towel? Usually that will let someone else know that you are still using the machine." He says "I dont have one." Nice! Well I told him that he is welcome to work in... so he does.

Same thing happens at machine #2 but this guy says to me "Hey I have 5 sets left on this machine" I reply "Dude, where is your workout towel to let people know you are using this machine?" He says "Its on another machine...I'm supersetting" Oh boy...so I say "hey you can work back in"...but he gets pissed and leaves.

Then later on I notice there were 8+ guys working out in this one area without using a workout towel...they were sweating all over the equipment and walking away:grumble: I ask the front desk on my way out if they could do an announcement over the intercom or something to educate all the newbies...but I doubt they did anything.

Its time to start working out at 4am again till march...the fly by nighters will be gone by then. :)

I feel ya! I try to go early in the am or on my lunch break when nobody is there. I go to a 24hr Super Sport. They give out towels and have paper towel dispensers and bottles of disinfectant located everywhere and hardly anyone uses them after finishing up on a machine.

The towel trick also sometimes doesn't work at my gym, because there are a lot of self-entitled slobs who just leave the towel wherever when they are done, rather than walking it to the bin. There's one on the way out the exit for fuck's sake. :rolleyes

The ones who don't return weights to the racks are the ones who probably irritate me the most.

yz450mm

Reaction score
I feel ya! I try to go early in the am or on my lunch break when nobody is there. I go to a 24hr Super Sport. They give out towels and have paper towel dispensers and bottles of disinfectant located everywhere and hardly anyone uses them after finishing up on a machine.

The towel trick also sometimes doesn't work at my gym, because there are a lot of self-entitled slobs who just leave the towel wherever when they are done, rather than walking it to the bin. There's one on the way out the exit for fuck's sake. :rolleyes

The ones who don't return weights to the racks are the ones who probably irritate me the most.
The weight throwers are worse, IMO.

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
You guys are worried about others talking shit? What is this middle school? :p

Really. WGAF!

nowski

Reaction score
I'll bet if it was some hot chick working out on a machine without a towel you guy's would be all over that / her equipment...

Attachments

• hot-girl.jpg
    hot-girl.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 10

milkmoney

Reaction score
Good ol NGE makin waves not only on rdp but also in the sauna room. Lol.

I was making fun of your shirt at the gym today too :)

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Most of the new years resolute folks have dwindled to just a few at my gym already. Lol, so many deer looking at headlights walking around the place, most not knowing how to use a machine properly on top if it. I've shown plenty how to use them so they don't hurt themselves.
It's an annual ritual to watch, like migrating herds[emoji1]

yz450mm

Reaction score
They have a cleaning person making the rounds during off peak times, doing a full wipe down of each machine with disinfectant.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Good ol NGE makin waves not only on rdp but also in the sauna room. Lol.

I was making fun of your shirt at the gym today too :)

You're like that cheesehead that follow Aaron Rodgers around everywhere huh? Discount Double Check:D

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
I'll bet if it was some hot chick working out on a machine without a towel you guy's would be all over that / her equipment...

She quite possibly would get a pass on it:D:thumbup:
The other 90% of the chicks wouldn't:yikes:p

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Curious,at these gyms you guys join.Does the equipment get washed down often and some sort of disinfectant program in place?

Worked at a gym for my first job.
I can tell you just work out and don't think about that shit...gyms are disgustingly dirty.

Abc123

Banned
Reaction score
You guys are worried about others talking shit? What is this middle school? :p

Really. WGAF!

No. Middle school behavior is what was demonstrated by the guy I spoke with. Wouldn't you agree that it is childish and down right wrong to make fun of another person's misfortunes? I told that guy what his parents obviously failed to tell him growing up.

If you're someone who has to go around talking shit about other people to make yourself feel better, then you must be a very unsatisfied with your own life. You never know someone's story, or what they've been/going through, so don't make fun of them. That's that middle school shit.

VoodooMedMan

Inmate #446
Reaction score
Worked at a gym for my first job.
I can tell you just work out and don't think about that shit...gyms are disgustingly dirty.

Got a Fitness19 by the house and they actually do run around with a disinfectant. They keep stuff rather clean and maintained.

With that said, you all can hate me because when I go I run there so I don't take a towel. But I'm not going when it's hot as hell out. I also wear a 5.11 undershirt. So basically any sweat never hits my outer shirt and then the machines. If there is something by chance I'll go grab some paper towels and take care of it.

And yeah right in the shower after my run home.

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
Like others have said, just worry about yourself and stay out of the sauna. :gayfight

brgrcru

Reaction score
Why I just mountain bike now. Pretty much can't stand people. :skull

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
Starting conversations in the sauna with other guys is like Grinder version 1.0....:)

You can probably use some of these rules in the Sauna. :D

[video=youtube;IzO1mCAVyMw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzO1mCAVyMw[/video]

Bigbore500r

Reaction score

"I have 5 sets left on this machine" - 5? So what your saying is.....you have not begun using the machine, and are still finishing at another?

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
My favorite thing about the gym -

Seeing naked old guys hoist one leg up on the bathoom counter and proceed to blowdry their balls over the sink.
I dont care what era you're from......when was that normal?

-Confused at Club360, Encino

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
I don't go to the gym.

Places like the gym or handrails at Disneyland are my Germaphobe Vietnam!

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
Years back, we had this arrogant fuck that was rumored to be using early versions of HGH. It made him smell like old Puma pigskin sneakers, plus he sweated profusely. Horrible odor.....One of female gym managers spent all her time disinfecting stuff he worked out on until they just told him he was no longer welcome. Some folks just don't get it.:rolleyes

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Some guys tend to loose their common decency at the gym because they are more interested in watching themselves in the mirror......at the same time looking to see if anyone notices them:rolleyes:P

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
Some guys tend to loose their common decency at the gym because they are more interested in watching themselves in the mirror......at the same time looking to see if anyone notices them:rolleyes:P

We had a guy years back that spent his entire workout posing all over the gym in front of mirrors. Real weird kinda guy....One day the owner who was a large, strong, body builder, that also was several times the Texas State Hwght. power lifting champ, asked the guy just "What in the hell are you doing??????"

Guy replies, "I'm pumping imaginary weights....." Jimmy answers, "And you're building imaginary muscles." Poor fella just kind of sulked away.:skull

Gyms attract some very odd folks....

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Yep. The "hey look at me" weigh-throwers are always the ones who really shouldn't be calling attention to how little weight the actually lift...lol..

With the shirt that says "I DONT EVEN LIFT" and the neon yellow shoes?