WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

What do you think it is worth?

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
454 bbc gen iv. 2 bolt block... I dont have the casting number right this second but its the thick walled 2 bolt main block. I'll have to grab the head casting number as well. not sure on cam, judge from the video. torker intake manifold. revolution marine center rise stainless exhaust ill even include the stainless clamps with tubing and the stainless 4" exhaust tubing as well. demon 750 vacuum secondary carb, billett HEI distributor, msd wires, 7 psi mech fuel pump, starter, etc. ill include all the stainless braided hoses for cooling and from fuel pump to carb. polished aluminum valve covers. dooley stainless steel scoop. polished water inlets. hardin marine oil pressure sender, hardin marine water temp sender.

no flywheel, no alternator/power steering. no motor mounts or bellhousing.

1119813_10151642891299833_1533929597_o.jpg

heres a vid of it running. currently sitting in the garage on a stand.

[video=youtube;jVqsFMAVi5U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVqsFMAVi5U[/video]

sspdy02

Reaction score
$100.00 I'll be by this weekend to pick it up. :):):)

Kidding looks very nice, and sounds great, i'd give you fair money for it but don't have the extra cash right now. good luck

rivergames

Reaction score
When was he last time the motor was gone through?

Since it has the headers, I'd say around $5,000 - $5,500

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
If a buyer could hear it / see it run in person, it would be helpful. I sold a very similar motor, out of a 65 pickup, and got $4500 for it with the TH400 trans attached. Buyer went for a ride, left a deposit, and I pulled it for him. Your motor has the boat exhaust which is worth some $$$, I think 4-5k is a good price. Might be a little difficult though since its removed already. Nobody trusts stuff they cant hear run, they want to pay just parts value

H20-ski

Long Member
Reaction score
If a buyer could hear it / see it run in person, it would be helpful. I sold a very similar motor, out of a 65 pickup, and got $4500 for it with the TH400 trans attached. Buyer went for a ride, left a deposit, and I pulled it for him. Your motor has the boat exhaust which is worth some $$$, I think 4-5k is a good price. Might be a little difficult though since its removed already. Nobody trusts stuff they cant hear run, they want to pay just parts value

That was my thought. A lot of goodies there but it's a used motor sitting on the floor.

ka0tyk

Reaction score
i could probably make a little stand to set it on so i can fire it up. run the fuel pump input from a little gas tank and hook a battery up to it. then i have an AN to hose fitting so i can run water through it if i needed to.

hrmm... you think it would be worthwhile to sell with my alpha gen 2 as a package or separate? i want more power and a bravo for the warlock... maybe a blower.

SuperJet

Reaction score
I agree with the $5k mark....... If I were in the market and looking at this motor, I would expect to be able to pull valve covers and at the very minimum a compression test. Glwts

rivergames

Reaction score
I agree with the $5k mark....... If I were in the market and looking at this motor, I would expect to be able to pull valve covers and at the very minimum a compression test. Glwts

Anyone selling a used motor sitting on the stand should definitely allow a compression test. Otherwise I'm running away!

I'm heading to drop off some of my motor parts to Tony @ M&D Performance tomorrow. I'll see if he doesn't mind that I post a few pictures of his start up stand. It is pretty easy to do and works well

ka0tyk

Reaction score
id have no problem with any of that... with the only exception that with the center rise exhaust, pulling the valve covers means removing the exhaust.