WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Why did Alpine stop making Marine series stereo equipment?

Bucketlist

Reaction score
Does anyone know why Alpine stopped selling marine series head units, speakers, remotes and accessories? To me they were a big player in marine systems.

Bucketlist

Reaction score
Well I just looked at the Alpine website and realized they do still sell speakers, but they do not show any head units, remotes, accessories.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Speakers only. It really sucks they quit making the head units and remotes.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I dont have any remote was told they didn't make one and maybe the head unit isn't marine? [emoji2]

bluebleeder

Reaction score
I buy all my stuff at Best Buy. I get non-marine and buy the warranty. Something happens and they replace it. I have honestly only replaced 1 set of 6?9's and a sub that I put a ski flag through. They replaced them no questions asked. In my opinion for west coast boaters, marine equipment is a rip off. My .02.

JBS

Reaction score
Does anyone know why Alpine stopped selling marine series head units, speakers, remotes and accessories? To me they were a big player in marine systems.

I am not at liberty to talk openly about it but if you will look through the legal documents you will see that Apple is clearly behind this. Who use a head unit anymore :rolleyes

Abc123

Banned
Reaction score
I had an Alpine head unit and wanted to add a remote, but I couldn't find one. If you want a marine remote, your options are Sony or Kenwood. I don't like Sony so I switched to a Kenwood head unit and remote. Now the billet cover hits the volume/control knob and that's annoying. I need to have my cover modified or go to another head unit.

Bucketlist

Reaction score
Well here is something interesting. The Alpine Europe website shows that they sell the discontinued marine head units and remotes being sold in the European market. What the heck?

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Seems all the Audio builders jump in and out of Marine units.

CDedDS6.jpg

The remotes on our alpine are wireless. One located at the drivers console, one located on the swim step and one up on the bow lounges. For no reason the remotes will turn on the head unit and crank up to full volume.

It's brought the cops to our house.
Lots and lots of problems with the remotes as well.
We replace them with remotes ya have to buy off eBay, some new, some restored,, and the problems come back.

x500MC20-o_front.jpeg

Next time we have fiberglass work done on the boat we'll have the remotes (and underwater lights) removed and just use the little hand held wireless remote.

Shame, in theory and when the whole thing runs right it's fantastic.

dread Pirate

Reaction score
That's weird? Mine has worked fine for 6+ years. I keep the batteries turned off when the boat is in storage with the charger hooked up though. Not happy that I can't get replacement parts from Alpine as 2 of my tweeters have seen better days. :(

deldel

Reaction score
I'm a Kenwood excelon fan but the Kenwood marine units didn't seem that great. I just installed the Sony MEX-M70BT and wired remote, even though i have never been a sony fan and i am very happy with it. I chose it due to the 5V pre amp outputs. Lots of control and the Bluetooth and NFC control from my Android phone is very convenient. I also thought the price was very competitive.