WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

The Blue Max by Teague

caldezrat

Reaction score
It was many years ago but I remember one of the fastest old Campbells out there was BT's two step turbo 24 at one of the Campbell Regattas. Does anyone remember what happened to that boat?

TEAGUE CUSTOM MARINE

Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424302019.331403.jpg

I asked my dad, he sold it to the owner of Steve's Tire in Granada Hills in 1978. He has no idea where it ended up after that. It would be cool to know!

The name Blue Max was that of his Cobra gunship squadron that was assigned to him while he was a airborne ranger in Vietnam and Cambodia in 1970. It is meant in tribute for all the times they flew in heavy conditions and risked their asses to save his.

JT

doc_texoma

Reaction score
I wonder if Bob Teague was friends with Arthur Carlson?

Rickybobby

Reaction score
John
Thanks for posting pics of your pop's boat. I have heard stories about it and was always curious. One story is that it was so fast at the "regatta races" that it beat all of the other boats but since BT did all the work himself and not the other Bob, it received no awards at the banquet:grumble::grumble: Interesting times those must have been.

If you or your pops have any more info on her could you post away ??? Sounds like she would be a great barn find somewhere ???

TEAGUE CUSTOM MARINE

Reaction score
John
Thanks for posting pics of your pop's boat. I have heard stories about it and was always curious. One story is that it was so fast at the "regatta races" that it beat all of the other boats but since BT did all the work himself and not the other Bob, it received no awards at the banquet:grumble::grumble: Interesting times those must have been.

If you or your pops have any more info on her could you post away ??? Sounds like she would be a great barn find somewhere ???

That is an old, true story.

It had the first ever race aero twin turbo setup... It was the prototype.

Who knows where it ended up...

JT

Rickybobby

Reaction score
John
If you stumble across any other info on your dad's boat could you post it up (i.e. pics, build info,etc). There is a whole new generation of Campbell Owners who love this old stuff and are looking for ways to have fun with their old classics (i.e. making them go faster!!) I know one right now that is under construction that is going to be crazy fast once she's done !!!
thanks
rb

ps
the BlueMax has legendary status and is talked about at almost every event !! It would be cool if someone found her and got her wet !!!