WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Rough week

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
I lost both of my Grandparents this week. It's kind of a strange deal... My Grandparents divorced probably 35 years ago and have not talked since, but yet they passed away within just a few days of each other. :headscratch: Definitely makes me wonder.

I'm in my mid 40's, a time when most people are worried about losing their parents, so I feel very fortunate to have had my Grandparents up until this time.:thumbup:

Slow What

Reaction score
Sorry for your loss...
But you are right, you were very fortunate to have them this long in your life.....

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
... Very sorry to hear this... ...These things do hurt...

Jefftowz

Formerly Old School Ultra
Reaction score
It's never easy, you lucky to have had them in your life for so many years..

Wombat

The Great Southern land
Reaction score
Sorry for your loss Grads.

Joker

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the loss of grandma and grandpa. You were very fortunate to have them around this long.

Advantage 1

Reaction score
Sorry, GRADS. :(

Did not know my mom's parents and my dad's passed away when I was in my teens. I really never had the sense of Grandparents. Very cool you did!

scouter

Old Guy......
Reaction score
Sorry to hear GRADS...

Similar to Advantage 1, my mom's parents passed away when I was very young (her mother right after I was born), and my dad's parents passed away when I was a teen ager.

You are fortunate to have yours as long as you did. :thumbup:

TBI

Thumbless Wonder
Reaction score
Sorry for your loss Greg

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
I am sorry for your loss Grads. I am 31 and only have 1 grandparent that is still alive.

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
It is good that you recognize your good fortune in having them as long as you did, that was a blessing.
I am about 10 years older than you. My mid-forties was a good time, before the back surgery,etc.
It is a time when your mortality begins to appear on the horizon. That comes with some wisdom, and the realization that your time here isn't endless...for me it changed the way I live and really changed my priorities.
Sorry for your loss, Grads.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
I lost both of my Grandparents this week. It's kind of a strange deal... My Grandparents divorced probably 35 years ago and have not talked since, but yet they passed away within just a few days of each other. :headscratch: Definitely makes me wonder.

I'm in my mid 40's, a time when most people are worried about losing their parents, so I feel very fortunate to have had my Grandparents up until this time.:thumbup:

Way rough man. Sorry.

But you are correct - you got to enjoy more time than most.

UD

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
My condolences to you Grads....like Atvantage1 and Scouter I never knew any of my grandparents...so count yourself one of the lucky ones.
Currently I'm sitting around waiting for both my father and dog to die any day now....my heart aches a whole bunch right now.
Godspeed to your grandparents.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Our condolences to you and yours Grads.

I lost my paternal GM last summer. 93 YO and still just as sharp as a tack and scary smart. She was the real salt of the earth and, to me, a wealth of wisdom.
Her husband was the original "Bronco Billy" , he died when my Dad was only 12, and She never remarried.
Dad passed 4 years ago now, and the last time I saw grandma she was content and looked forward to seeing her husband and my dad again.

Moms folks are both 93 also, and although Grandma is in dementia, grandpa is still good to go.

It's tough, sorry for your loss.

milkmoney

Reaction score
Sorry to read. My thoughts with you and your family.

I am in my late 40's and list all grandparents by the Age of 21. You are lucky in that sense

FreeBird236

Reaction score
Sorry for your loss. :(

I was lucky also, even had some great grandparents into my mid twenties.

Abc123

Banned
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your loss Greg. My grandmother is my best friend. I sometimes struggle with the reality of her not being around forever.

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
Sorry to read about your loss, thoughts and prayers!